PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing Rules Question ?

FordNut
04-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Cars with battery relocation kits for trunk-mount batteries require a safety switch accessible from the back of the car. What about cars like the Lincoln LS, which has a trunk-mounted battery from the factory?

Pops
04-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Brian that is a great question as a lot of cars have the battery in the passenger compartment.

Paul T. Casey
04-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Cars with battery relocation kits ?

Kinda answers it right there I would say. NHRA makes the assumption that the manufacturers know what they are doing.

Pops
04-18-2008, 09:50 AM
We just moved the battery to the trunk on the GM and will be doing the whole kill switch deal. We also had to put one on the T Bolt. It sucks but thats the rules.

Ralph Sr.
04-18-2008, 12:37 PM
my zo6 has battery in right rear ,down low. i think gm,put it there for weight distribution, .i will see all you guys at carlisle, be with brother tom,2004 silver mm, all opts. rkvette, ralph sr.

B.C. Bake
04-18-2008, 04:47 PM
I thought it only mattered if it was modified "not factory install" :confused:

ctrlraven
04-19-2008, 10:48 AM
If the battery's OEM location was in the front of the vehicle and it has been moved to the rear it does require a turn off switch. The switch must be labeled OFF and ON with arrow direction going towards OFF.

I have only heard a ruling about some of the vehicle that have batteries located inside like some of the new Buick vehicles have the batteries located under the rear seat and they need a switch or be relocated to the rear.

sailsmen
04-19-2008, 02:41 PM
If NHRA uses the same logic for roll bar that OEM cars get a "pass" then OEM will get a "pass" here as well.