PDA

View Full Version : Need a Front Bumper Facia

Egon Spengler
04-20-2008, 05:34 PM
I have seemed to have someone hit the front of my car and crack up the front bumper fascia (see pics below)

This leads me to my question... Does anyone have the front fascia with or without the license plate bracket? I could use the license plate bracket as well while I am at it... would like to see prices too so I know what I am getting myself into!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/7/8/6/6/0420081925.jpg
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/7/8/6/6/0420081925a.jpg

FordNut
04-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Look on ebay, I've seen them for $471. I think they're reproductions. And they gotta be painted.

The hole looks kind of like a trailer hitch.

Rocknthehawk
04-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Tom,

If you ever came out for a meet, i could look at it. It is possible repairable. And it's possible to shave that front plate too...

if you're set on buying a new one, you could call my brother for a price on a used one.

Egon Spengler
04-20-2008, 06:09 PM
I was looking to get a used one, but if there is anyway to get it repaired and resprayed... I would be interested in that too... I saw them on ebay and was hoping to pick one up for cheaper than that! If someone has a decent condition used one for less than 471... I am all ears!

I am thinking a trailer hitch as well

Go Mifuni
04-20-2008, 06:37 PM
I am thinking a trailer hitch as well

It wasn't me!
:D

larryo340
04-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Get estimates from body shops for possible repair, it should be considerably less than replacing the bumper cover. I'd rather do that than use aftermarket if OEM is repairable.

SC Cheesehead
04-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Get estimates from body shops for possible repair, it should be considerably less than replacing the bumper cover. I'd rather do that than use aftermarket if OEM is repairable.

Yeah, it doesn't look too bad from the photos, so it may be repairable. Mine got sc***** up in a minor wreck last winter, lots of scuffs, plus a few gouges, got it repaired/repainted for <$500.

SCCH

Rocknthehawk
04-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Most shops would not repair it, because of the time and skill involved. It's also more efficient for them to just put a new cover on. You're looking at 3 hours probably in labor.

if you want me to look at it, i can tom. just let me know when is good. I could repair it on a weekend after noon for you.

2000_cvp71
04-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Look at this site www.tascafordparts.com (http://www.tascafordparts.com) They listed one for $500 something, plus shipping. I have bought from them before and the shipping is fair.

jimlam56
04-21-2008, 04:21 AM
I wouldn't buy an aftermarket piece. The one I bought off ebay was substandard to the factory one.

hot-rauder
04-21-2008, 06:15 AM
hmmm no one like to call GreenLeaf??

dont worry we dont have one in.... there is a nice clean one in CA though lol
$499 they are asking... but then again it is a factory piece. cheap stuff from eBay make me cringe. have my brother look at it Tom.

and for goodness sake, WATCH OUT!! lol

Egon Spengler
04-21-2008, 06:27 AM
I didn't do it!!! I was drying off my car on saturday and went over it with the towel and went "WTF!?!?!" I was PO'ed!!! I will have you look at it at some point!! PM me with some contact info and I will give you a call when I am ready... Give me an estimate to repair and respray the whole bumper... I think I could take it off and drop it with you if the weather is nice I can take my motorcycle to work