PDA

View Full Version : posting pictures?

blu marauder
04-23-2008, 03:23 AM
i want to post some pictures to the site. but i don't know to much about cameras or computers, i have the pictures loaded to my comp but when i try to upload them they are to large and i dont know how to resize them.
or whatever i need to do to get them on the site.
thanks for any help.

FordNut
04-23-2008, 04:24 AM
Easy Thumbnails is the simplest program I've found for resizing.

oldekid
04-23-2008, 07:51 AM
i want to post some pictures to the site. but i don't know to much about cameras or computers, i have the pictures loaded to my comp but when i try to upload them they are to large and i dont know how to resize them.
or whatever i need to do to get them on the site.
thanks for any help.There are several photo hosting sites that you can join free. You can upload your pics to them, then get URL links that you can post in your MM.net threads. I use Photobucket. It won't matter what size your files are, they will load them in a size that is web friendly, then you can share them with friends, use in emails . . . etc.

If you need any help, let me know. I have to run a few errands, but will be back in a couple hours.

Good luck.

blu marauder
04-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi John

i went to photobucket and i'm still having trouble getting a pic to a thread

thanks for your help, i'm not so good with computer type stuff

Aren Jay
04-23-2008, 09:52 AM
upload to your gallery, make sure you pick where it is going. What it is called etc, where it is coming from...

Then to post, it is simply, copy the properties of the picture, or the address of the picture. And type with your properties pasted here between these brackets

Try this on the internet first, say with http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/title.jpg

Then you put the brackets

around it

and it looks like this:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/title.jpg

blu marauder
04-23-2008, 01:39 PM
hey thanks for the help
oldekid was a big help and called me and walked me through
what he is doing with photobucket.
now i will be posting more pictures
THANKS