PDA

View Full Version : Guess what?

Motorhead350
04-24-2008, 11:00 PM
The truck is back. I got a call today around 4pm saying it was at an impound lot and the city actually towed it away because it was parked in a street cleaning area. I got there and had to deal with some B.S. for quite a few hours: I needed my insurance card, proof of ownership (which was still in the truck that I could not view) drivers license and a cop had to show up to take the truck off the hot sheet. The cop was pretty much a jerk to say the least, but he did the paperwork and got it out... while I was waiting outside his car in the rain for 30 minutes.

When I got to the truck I was very surprized. No body damage at all except for the drivers door because they popped the lock off to get in. The key wouldn't start it anymore and the battery was dead, but all was there except for my radio, CD changer and CD's. They even left my Marauder jacket in it. All the seats, wheels, tools... all still there. They didn't even bother to put the header plugs back on. So I had to call a tow truck to tow it out of the lot just to work on it in the parking lot because work cannot be done in the pound. The guy towed it out and jumped it... but we had to ask another guy how to start it because it wasn't just putting a screw driver in the ignition.

The guy put a screw driver by my turning siginal and fired it up, but he wouldn't tell me how he did it unless I have him ten bucks... so I did because I couldn't even turn it off. So now my new key is a flat head screw driver just like Al Bundy's.

When I got back to my area I gunned the engine a few times and some people walked by and said "Ooh you got your truck back!" it was my trucks way of saying "I'm back."

This is my way of giving the big finger to anyone who said give it up and move it. It's back, it's fine, it's mine and no one elses.

Black_Noise
04-24-2008, 11:43 PM
well..... that was a hole ordeal and a half... glad you got it back though

Aren Jay
04-24-2008, 11:50 PM
So are you still hunting gang bangers?

Or are you going to start hunting traffic cops and street cleaners?

dreydin
04-25-2008, 12:16 AM
kill em all!

rayjay
04-25-2008, 12:22 AM
How long was it in the pound?

Haggis
04-25-2008, 03:46 AM
The only reason you got it back was so they could steal it again, and read your stories about the ordeal here.

Paul T. Casey
04-25-2008, 04:11 AM
The only reason you got it back was so they could steal it again, and read your stories about the ordeal here.

..........:laugh:

Mike Poore
04-25-2008, 04:37 AM
Great news, Dom. :congrats:

Talk to someone about a kill switch. ;)

Paul
04-25-2008, 04:41 AM
Hey that's great! :banana: Congrats. :D

vkirkend
04-25-2008, 05:12 AM
1. They didn't even bother to put the header plugs back on. So I had to call a tow truck to tow it out of the lot just to work on it in the parking lot because work cannot be done in the pound.

Dom, these are theives, they are not your friends.

The guy put a screw driver by my turning siginal and fired it up, but he wouldn't tell me how he did it unless I have him ten bucks... so I did because I couldn't even turn it off.

This guy does not know you from dirt and is only there to make money...

This is my way of giving the big finger to anyone who said give it up and move it. It's back, it's fine, it's mine and no one elses.

This truly shows a lack of maturity for people who only had your best interests at heart.:shake:

KillJoy
04-25-2008, 05:28 AM
Yup.... glad you got it back.

Now.... how much of the BS you posted up about this was needed..... "insiders" running plates, chasing after "gang bangers".... whatever....

You were lucky it was found.

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

Zack
04-25-2008, 05:43 AM
Congrats Dominick.
A nearby telephone pole awaits you...
(inside joke)

hot-rauder
04-25-2008, 05:45 AM
i have my screwdriver ready Dom....

lol glad you got it back! and glad the MM jacket wasn't missing!

Dragcity
04-25-2008, 05:59 AM
Unreal Dude, unreal.....

I just saw "Christine" the other night.... She came back to you. Just don't die over it.

SILVERSURFER03
04-25-2008, 06:59 AM
now install ign.interupter so it won't be taken again .... glad you got it back

ckadiddle
04-25-2008, 07:37 AM
Glad it found you again. Buy it a really nice screwdriver, willya?

TiTo35
04-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Persistance...thats what us young guys have that most...I said MOST...old guys dont!:D

Glad you got the truck back....So now we dont have to read anymore "wild" post from you hunting down "gangbangers" in "Oldsmobiles.":lol:

Ladyhawke
04-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Dom, I'm glad you found your truck and in pretty good condition. Now put your MM jacket in a safe place. :up:

Bigdogjim
04-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Great news Dom. Now why do I hear Indinana Jones music palying?

Oh wait the adventure begins (again) :rofl:

da'law
04-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Glad it is back. Enjoy it and drive it like you rented it, just watch out for those telephone poles mentioned in an earlier post! :D

DOOM
04-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Hey dom im really happy for you. Congrats bro.

baltimoremm
04-25-2008, 11:03 AM
good job. did they say where/how they found it????

ChiTownMaraud3r
04-25-2008, 11:26 AM
YES! Congrats man.

Motorhead350
04-25-2008, 12:00 PM
The pound told me where they found it, but didn't mention it too loud and said if I wanted a full copy of the report I would need to go to court... not worth it, it's back.

I think it earned the name Christine because it came back in 2 months, but not 2 weeks. Thanks for the help and effort from you guys, the others ones... well... guess what, it's back!

Also I am done with the gangbangers, but I did find DNA evidence, but I know every cop in the city will laugh at me... found the theves chapstick which will lead to the thief. I almost don't care, but this guy could be doing harm to others and he needs to be put in his place. I'll give it to the cops, get laughed at and drive away later today.

ryanstickney1
04-25-2008, 12:10 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!! :beer: Careful who you befriend and show your stuff to from now on. ;)

Raudermaster
04-25-2008, 12:10 PM
That's good Dom. Just be sure they don't come looking for the Marauder now.

O's Fan Rich
04-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Is it certified "Drug Free"?
Last thing you'd want is someone else's stash in there when you get pulled over.... and no doubt you will.

Motorhead350
04-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Is it certified "Drug Free"?
Last thing you'd want is someone else's stash in there when you get pulled over.... and no doubt you will.

You know what I'm glad you mentioned that. I'll check it out today. Thanks Rich I didn't even think of that! :eek:

O's Fan Rich
04-25-2008, 12:40 PM
You know what I'm glad you mentioned that. I'll check it out today. Thanks Rich I didn't even think of that! :eek:

If you find some cash.... I'll take 10% !:D

Mike Poore
04-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Rich's idea is a great one. Perhaps you might talk the cops into giving one of their drug sniffing dogs a crack at it.

Of course, if they do, they'll impound your vehicle as evidence. :rofl:

Motorhead350
04-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Ray I do not know how long it was in the pound, but it was $160 to bail her out, which is pretty cheap so it must not have been there for too long.

Also the guy that asked for 10 bucks wasn't there to make money, he was laughing afterwards and dancing saying "I'm hustling everyday!"

Ya not just another worker, another jerk in my book.

ImpalaSlayer
04-25-2008, 05:03 PM
thats sweet dude you should definitly look into some kind of fuel pump circut alarm johnson apparatus thingy that disables the the fuel pump or the ignition or something. im sure others know what im talking about

justbob
04-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Dom i need your address, i have many screwdrivers!!!!!! If not then we won't get any new threads. Except maybe your lipstick that you were talking about, whats up with that anyway?

03blackvegas
04-25-2008, 05:55 PM
I'am glad things worked out for you, way to stay tuff!

J D
04-25-2008, 06:42 PM
WOOO! Glad you got your truck back dom! I always held out hope for it. I felt that it wasn't time yet. You're destined to crash it! *knock on wood*

Motorhead350
04-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks everyone and what a way to start out the summer! :cool:

sailsmen
04-27-2008, 08:46 PM
A relative had a car that used to get stolen on Friday nites. It was old enough that is was easy to steal.

They guy would drive it for the weekend and then park it in a vacant lot next to his house.

It got to the point my relative would send the wrecker to the vacant lot to get it. The guy actually protested to the wrecker that it was "his". He would steal the spare and the battery every time.

I ended up with it and guess what it got stolen from me. I wrecked it and had it towed to a shop. He took 3 weeks to give me an estimate which way exceeded the value. I said I could not afford it. He said take your time and when you decide what to do call me.

A month latter I came by to get it and he hit me up with a storage fee. I asked you are charging me to store because you are repsoinsible while it's in your care? He said yes. I said then pay me for the battery and spare that were stolen. We called it even.

I towed it off his premises with my friends car. Sent a wrecker to get it that evening and it was gone.

Years latter I found out the body shop was shut down for being a chop shop.

TAKEDOWN
04-27-2008, 10:36 PM
I wonder what Mayor Daley is doing with the money you gave him? I'm glad to hear you got it back, they need to street clean all the gangbangers in chicago!

Motorhead350
04-28-2008, 11:04 AM
haha that's a good one take down. I was awaken by a street cleaner today!

2ndMDRebel
04-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Ray I do not know how long it was in the pound, but it was $160 to bail her out, which is pretty cheap so it must not have been there for too long.

Also the guy that asked for 10 bucks wasn't there to make money, he was laughing afterwards and dancing saying "I'm hustling everyday!"

Ya not just another worker, another jerk in my book.

Did his lips look chapped?

Aren Jay
04-28-2008, 10:30 PM
So you didn't check first to see if it was towed, you just assumed it was stolen?

Now you know, check to see if the police took it, before you decide it is stolen.

Also it doesn't say much for the detective, he didn't check if it was impounded either?

Finally, call said detective and tell him it is back. Close the case on it or you might get arrested for having a stolen vehicle.

Motorhead350
04-28-2008, 11:03 PM
So you didn't check first to see if it was towed, you just assumed it was stolen?

Now you know, check to see if the police took it, before you decide it is stolen.

Also it doesn't say much for the detective, he didn't check if it was impounded either?

Finally, call said detective and tell him it is back. Close the case on it or you might get arrested for having a stolen vehicle.

Did you read any of the first post? A cop came to take it off the hot sheet, it was stolen and than towed by the city for the theves parking it in a street cleaning zone and I told the police station about the chap stick so they know.

Aren Jay
04-28-2008, 11:35 PM
oh I thought you parked it in a street cleaning zone.

I don't read, I skim.

Reading is good, but like milk skim is not.

Black_Noise
04-28-2008, 11:59 PM
so where they parked it and it was towed from, is that thier neighborhood?

Motorhead350
04-29-2008, 10:55 AM
so where they parked it and it was towed from, is that thier neighborhood?

I guess so, but again I would have to go to court if I wanted full detail on the tow, but I just say nay. I have it back, I don't need to go after the theves, that's the police's job and chances are they'll do it again and maybe the next time they'll get caught... better not be one of my cars again and it would be better if they just quit it altogether.