PDA

View Full Version : First Class Company!!!!!!

Marauderjack
04-26-2008, 04:18 AM
A Little Background......

I bought AutoMeter Vacuum/Boost and Fuel Pressure gauges when I installed my ProCharger in November 2005. I never could figure out why the FP gauge read lower than the OBD-II by 10-15 PSI and when I got my ScanGauge II to read OBD-II pressure I sold my FP gauge and bought an Oil Temp gauge to fill the hole (keep in mind this is OVER 2 YEARS LATER!!)......:eek:

When I got my Oil Temp gauge I immediately noticed the gap between the bezel and the face was much closer than the Vacuum/Boost one (see photos) and the lighting at night was much weaker due to the smaller gap!!:argue:

I called AutoMeter and spoke with a tech and he suggested I email photos (first two photos) which I did and he passed them along to engineering to look at. I got an email back from Steve Shelton with AutoMeter stating that they are sending TWO NEW GAUGES along with 168/4.9 watt bulbs for better night time illumination!!!!:beer::bows::e ek:

I got them via UPS yesterday.......(see last photo)!!!:bows:

BTW.....both gauges today from Summit would cost around $350.00!!!:shake:

KUDOS & THANKS to AutoMeter for OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!:beer::beer:

Marauderjack:D:burnout:

PS: I'll report what I find with illumination!!

O's Fan Rich
04-26-2008, 06:17 AM
I like the oil temp idea..... where'd you install the sender?

Marauderjack
04-26-2008, 07:25 AM
Rich,

There is an extra plug on the OEM sender piece attached to the oil filter adapter and I simply screwed it in there!!

Oil temps typically run about 180*-190* but I haven't seen high ambient temps here yet!!:shake:

What amazes me is that on cold starts it takes the water temp reaching 175* before the oil temp moves above 100*!!:confused:

Marauyderjack:burnout:

O's Fan Rich
04-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Rich,

There is an extra plug on the OEM sender piece attached to the oil filter adapter and I simply screwed it in there!!

Oil temps typically run about 180*-190* but I haven't seen high ambient temps here yet!!:shake:

What amazes me is that on cold starts it takes the water temp reaching 175* before the oil temp moves above 100*!!:confused:

Marauyderjack:burnout:

Ahhh, yes I used that outlet for the "Dennis Reinhart" low pressure light mod.