PDA

View Full Version : 03 MM starts when it want's to

maraudezy
04-27-2008, 10:49 PM
i have problem? my 03 marauder starts when i first get in it but the problem is when i go to the store and go in for 3 min and come out and try to start it agian. it dont want to start i get no clicking sound my head lights are bright like normal all the lights on the dash come on but if i wait a couple of min's it will start right back up then drive home trun off start it aigin it will start but when i do it back to back it wont. i bought a new batterie still the same problem i have no mod's every thing stock thanks for your guys help.

TiTo35
04-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Lets try the cheap and easy route first...check you shifter to make sure its in the proper position.

maraudezy
04-27-2008, 10:56 PM
sorry about that i tryed moving the shifter around and making sure its in park i tryed moving the steering wheel and tryed to start it in N nothing car only has 50,00 miles

maraudezy
04-27-2008, 11:05 PM
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
i have problem? my 03 marauder starts when i first get in it but the problem is when i go to the store and go in for 3 min and come out and try to start it agian. it dont want to start i get no clicking sound my head lights are bright like normal all the lights on the dash come on but if i wait a couple of min's it will start right back up then drive home trun off start it aigin it will start but when i do it back to back it wont. i bought a new batterie still the same problem i have no mod's every thing stock thanks for your guys help. BTW i tryed to move the shifter up and down and making sure its in park all the way and tryed to start it in N and even tryed moving the steering wheel.

Aren Jay
04-28-2008, 12:51 AM
sounds like your starter is shorting out.

I'm no expert, ask in the garage forum if you want better advice though.

larryo340
04-28-2008, 06:05 AM
P.A.T.S. acting up??

Hotrauder
04-28-2008, 06:15 AM
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
i have problem? my 03 marauder starts when i first get in it but the problem is when i go to the store and go in for 3 min and come out and try to start it agian. it dont want to start i get no clicking sound my head lights are bright like normal all the lights on the dash come on but if i wait a couple of min's it will start right back up then drive home trun off start it aigin it will start but when i do it back to back it wont. i bought a new batterie still the same problem i have no mod's every thing stock thanks for your guys help. BTW i tryed to move the shifter up and down and making sure its in park all the way and tryed to start it in N and even tryed moving the steering wheel.

Sounds to me as if your no mods Marauder is rebelling against a no excitment life. It is speaking loudly to you...I am not a Grand Monkey...mod me..I want fun, too. Good luck and give her a treat, you will love it, too. :beer:Dennis

Dr Caleb
04-28-2008, 09:17 AM
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Transmission shift linkage. There is a Tech Bulletin on it, have your dealer check.

RocsMerc
04-28-2008, 12:38 PM
P.A.T.S. acting up??
I have this exact problem in my sister's firebird. Sometimes it randomly rejects the key chip and won't start, and if you try to start it twice in a row unsuccessfully, it locks you from starting it for 5 min There's nothing you can do but wait and try again latter. It's the old style chip key though. The one that's just a resistor built into the key with a metal contact on either side. The contacts just wore out on my key. Maybe your having some type of modern ford equivalent to this 90's GM problem.

wchain
04-28-2008, 01:50 PM
How about when you put it in neutral?

Do you have a 300A with the wiring chafing issue perhaps/

maraudezy
04-28-2008, 04:18 PM
well when i put it
in neutral nothing tryed that. and what is p.A.T.S . and i will try my spare key and see thanks for the advise and on the mod's that will be the end of the year i hope. problem is i have too many cars.

larryo340
04-28-2008, 07:36 PM
well when i put it
in neutral nothing tryed that. and what is p.A.T.S . and i will try my spare key and see thanks for the advise and on the mod's that will be the end of the year i hope. problem is i have too many cars.
Passive Anti Theft System
There is transponder chip in the key that the ignition needs to see inorder to start the car.
Full description here:

http://www.1-800-pdq-keys.com/news.htm

maraudezy
04-28-2008, 09:02 PM
thanks every body for your help. i drove it all day stoped at stores and did not act up at all. what i will do is use my other key instead of that one i was using and wait and see what happens if any body has this problem pleas let me know thanks

maraudezy
05-03-2008, 12:45 AM
i tryed my other set of keys it still did the same thing more help would be great thanks

PVan96
12-01-2008, 08:43 AM
maraudezy (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=8667)

i have the same problem, but the other day I pulled the compressor realy to swap with a new one, compressor works now, but when I turn the key the car does not start, all the lights come on like they should, but no start?????????????

EbonyMarauder03
12-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Mine has a similiar issue. Finally tripped the Check Engine light. Turns out that the previously mentioned TSB about a problem with the Fuel Pump Monitor wire. Could be chaffing by the back seat, bad connection at the relay box under the hood and some other stuff. I have a 300A and will be checking mine out soon for it. I'll keep you posted.

JAYSILVER04
12-02-2008, 08:09 PM
I had mine do the same thing. Turns out it was the wire coming from the OBD II (on board diagnostic system) port going through the fire wall and to the PCM (powertrain control module). It was rubbing on the stud for the wiper motor on the driver's side and wore a hole through it. Killed the car. Fixed that and it never happened again!

Drock96Marquis
12-04-2008, 09:33 AM
What is the PATS led on the dashboard doing? Blinking rapidly or normal?

Check out this thread, in particular the discussion about the starter relay and wiring
http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=11&Number=1563111&Searchpage=3&Main=114181&Words=99_03PantherS&topic=0&Search=true#Post1563111

(Ignore the tuner/reflash stuff, of course)