PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto 4?

QWK SVT
04-30-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm going to grab a cop of the game this afternoon... I'm still debating for which console (have a PS3 and XBOX360), but am leaning towards the PS3, due to the reviews saying the graphics are slightly better. The only thing holding me back would be the potential DLC being XBOX exclusive...

Anyone picked up a copy, yet?

ChiTownMaraud3r
04-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Yeah i picked it up on PS3 last night. I didn't go with the xbox cause of the controls, if you have ever played the previous ones, it just feels so natural. The graphics are pretty sick, and there is probably going to be content to download on the PS3 just not the same or as much as on the xbox.

Stangracer89
04-30-2008, 11:11 AM
I took a 1/2 day yesterday just to get it. Man it was worth it. There is nothing about this game that I don't like. The first time I stole a "roadrunner" with a biggas$ 6-71 blower sticking out of the hood and did an incredibly long burnout, then let it rip down the street I nearly pi$ed myself laughing. You should also steal that old rusted out caddy-deville. Hilarious! But the story and emotion you get from playing is second to none. 10 out of 10.

ChiTownMaraud3r
04-30-2008, 11:31 AM
I like how theres both crown vic/GM, and impala looking taxis and police cars around, just like in real life. And I spotted what really resembles a newer lincoln town car. Time to play.. :)

Raudermaster
04-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I picked it up today for PS3, games great so far, even though I only played about an hour or so on it.

DOOM
04-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Check out the price of gas in the game VERY realistic

ctrlraven
04-30-2008, 12:44 PM
I'll be picking up a copy for xbox 360 since I don't have PS3.

I watched some gameplay footage on youtube and it made me want to get it even more.

dreydin
04-30-2008, 01:00 PM
waiting for my roommate to buy it for his 360 lol

ImpalaSlayer
04-30-2008, 03:20 PM
my friend picked me up a copy but havent played it yet. does anyone know if you can play the game on system link?

BAD MERC
04-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Let me ask you guys that have it. Is it worth BUYING a PS3 also to play it? Got the IRS check coming...

Raudermaster
04-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Yes. Also buy it for when the full Gran Turismo 5 is released, you'll thank me later.

Raudermaster
04-30-2008, 04:03 PM
my friend picked me up a copy but havent played it yet. does anyone know if you can play the game on system link?

A GTA on system link?.....Don't count on it. What's the matter, don't wanna play by yourself? :flamer:

ImpalaSlayer
04-30-2008, 04:27 PM
damnit that blows. you know how fun that would be!

chico4554
04-30-2008, 06:29 PM
there is multiplayer online. Its on a video on youtube

ImpalaSlayer
04-30-2008, 06:45 PM
i dont have xbox live. its ****ty i dont have good enough internet to use it

Blackened300a
04-30-2008, 06:51 PM
I just played for 7 straight hours on Xbox360. Let me tell you that the layout of NYC is very accurate. There is Flushing meadows park that I grew up near and its very detailed in the game, including the elevators, the arcade and even the unisphere. Long Island city and Brooklyn are very accurate, even the brooklyn navy yard is in the game with the same layout and cranes. The gameplay is definitely one of the best I ever played and the crown vic are pre 1998 but still fun to drive, especially the police car, even the sirens are very accurate. The camera angle is still a bit to get used to but I plan on playing this game to the very end.
It makes it that much better when you live in the city that the game is based on.

ImpalaSlayer
04-30-2008, 06:53 PM
maybe it will be accurate enough to show your car where you park it Paul LOL :jk:

Blackened300a
04-30-2008, 07:01 PM
maybe it will be accurate enough to show your car where you park it Paul LOL :jk:

I tried!! I work in Astoria on Steinway street and on the map in the area where astoria is in the game, The city is called "Steinway" I actually thought it would be like the industrial area like it is in real life but they made it the projects. The bridges and coney island are very accurate.

Raudermaster
04-30-2008, 07:16 PM
LOL! 7 hours Paul? Had nothing else better to do today?

J D
04-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Woo, I'm thinking about getting it, especially if can do all the law less stuff in my neighborhood I'd never do but virtually, tell me how the Bronx looks and if Hunts Point is the industrial wasteland I know and love, lol.

ChiTownMaraud3r
04-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Unfortunatley the only downfall I found was the lack of vehicle customization I grew to like on san andreas. But that was obviously there because of the area you were playing in, the ghetto, riding rims with sounds behind limo tint :cool4:.

My favorite car in the game so far btw is the lincoln town car. :beer:

dreydin
05-01-2008, 09:46 AM
i had hoped to get a good sleep last night because ive been going to bed late recently, but i ended up going to bed around 3am bc my roommate just got GTA. the game is fun! i just ran around jacking every car that caught my eye and finding ramps to jump off of lol

QWK SVT
05-02-2008, 01:12 PM
I know there are a lot of people having issues with the game freezing (on either platform), but I seem to have lucked out... During the entire opening credits it was very choppy - every 5-10 seconds, the video would freeze, and the sound would continue. That's not good, and got me a little worrried... :depress:

When I was driving from the boat (actually in control), the same thing was happening. I'm freaking out now, pleading with the powers tha be to "please let my game work!" :help:

Low and behold, it did. I've only played it for a few hours, but I'm hooked! Kudos to R* - this is one of the most immersive games I've ever seen :bows:

Must go now... Must. Play. GTA IV. :cool:

n00bkiller944
05-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Just played it today at my friends house, now i am very tempted to go buy a PS3 just for this game... I loved it! Though i sucked at controlling the cars in it

ImpalaSlayer
05-03-2008, 08:32 AM
i finally got to play my coppy the other night. its pretty good. the way the guy moves is a little awkward though

bigmerc'03
05-03-2008, 12:50 PM
i played for 6 hourd straight fruing the chopper is fun getting the army chopper and shotting everyone on the ground is the best watching them run like ants

2,4shofast
05-03-2008, 01:09 PM
I plan on picking up a copy for the PS3 when I get outta here, I cant wait. I have heard nothing but new reviews about it so far!:banana:

xopher
05-06-2008, 09:46 PM
The camera angle is still a bit to get used to but I plan on playing this game to the very end.
Select on the PS3 controller cycles through different angles. I'm sure there's something similar on Xbox.

I just unlocked Algonquin, got a Comet (Porsche) and a suit. Now I'm feelin' pro.

GTA4, Metal Gear Online beta, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, new Call of Duty 4 maps... It's a great time to be a gamer, but a terrible time to be employed..

ckadiddle
05-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Don't know anything about the ps3, but kadiddlebabe and I love our xbox360. We had our electrician come out and run us an ethernet link from the office out to the family room (where the big screen and game systems are) so that we can stream audio/video from the PC in the other end of the house through the xbox360. (Wireless signals will not penetrate our petrified walls well at all.) It's freaking awesome! Kadiddlebabe loves that we can view photos and videos on the big screen instead of having to crownd around a little computer screen.

I have created a Halo freak. We are currently playing through Halo 3 on Legendary. I think we set a new record for violent deaths and respawns per minute.