PDA

View Full Version : What are you passionate about?

Starman
05-01-2008, 04:40 PM
I just wanted to share my passion outside of my Panther.

I can honestly say that my main passion outside of my Family is the Philippines. While in the Air Force I was lucky enough to get stationed there. I can readily say it is my obsession. I was a Cop in the Air Force and as such I run a related Group on Yahoo! called Cops of Clark Air Base (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CopsOfClarkAirBase/). I started it 8 years ago.

I have a domain name that references a nickname I earned there. The majority of my web pages on my domain are related to the Philippines, as is my e-mail address. I am a bit more zealous about it than some, and there are reasons for that. For anyone who has lived there as a civilian or Military member, it is something we are always ready to talk about. It is a wonderful place of contrasts and great people.

I have friends living there and folks I consider family over there. Given a choice between my Panther related activities and my Philippine related activities, I would have to bid farewell to you all.

If you are so inclined, visit my domain: www.jeprox.us (http://www.jeprox.us/)

So what are you passionate about besides your Panther?

arejayesss
05-01-2008, 05:39 PM
I will tell you all about my passion:
The more time I spend with this passion, the more I realize how perfect it is for me. Usually, in the past, I would get easily bored or annoyed with other passions. Not this one. Every day I partake in it, I feel more and more like I should not have waited this long to start this passion. The way it perfectly meshes with my lifestyle, and always compliments my other interests without hesitation. Just when I start to think I have experienced the optimal joy I can from this passion, I am truely moved by how much further joyous I become again and again. I really can't say enough about this passion. I will be involved with this passion till the day I die. There is nothing, and I really mean nothing that could possibly take me away from this passion.

Her name is Kara, and next week she will be my wife.:lovies2:

03blackvegas
05-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Playing tennis.

not5-0
05-01-2008, 05:42 PM
The more time I spend with this passion, the more I realize how perfect it is for me. Usually, in the past, I would get easily bored or annoyed with other passions. Not this one. Every day I partake in it, I feel more and more like I should not have waited this long to start this passion. The way it perfectly meshes with my lifestyle, and always compliments my other interests without hesitation. Just when I start to think I have experienced the optimal joy I can from this passion, I am truely moved by how much further joyous I become again and again. I really can't say enough about this passion. I will be involved with this passion till the day I die. There is nothing, and I really mean nothing that could possibly take me away from this passion.

How ironic...that's exactly how I use to feel about my ex-wife.

jgc61sr2002
05-01-2008, 05:44 PM

Congrats and Best Wishes.:D:beer:

Starman
05-01-2008, 05:48 PM

How totally freaking awesome. Marriage is the best thing I ever did. Congratulations and may you have the blessings I have had in my marriage!

arejayesss
05-01-2008, 05:54 PM
How ironic...that's exactly how I use to feel about my ex-wife.
NOW you tell me!!

How totally freaking awesome. Marriage is the best thing I ever did. Congratulations and may you have the same blessings I have had in my marriage! Thanks for your warm wishes. I already do have all I need in her. Sorry to steal your thunder, didn't mean to. After reading your posting, I thought about what I am TRULY passionate about, and well that came out.

chicago_cop
05-01-2008, 06:59 PM
I just wanted to share my passion outside of my Panther.

I can honestly say that my main passion outside of my Family is the Philippines. While in the Air Force I was lucky enough to get stationed there. I can readily say it is my obsession. I was a Cop in the Air Force and as such I run a related Group on Yahoo! called Cops of Clark Air Base (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CopsOfClarkAirBase/). I started it 8 years ago.

I have a domain name that references a nickname I earned there. The majority of my web pages on my domain are related to the Philippines, as is my e-mail address. I am a bit more zealous about it than some, and there are reasons for that. For anyone who has lived there as a civilian or Military member, it is something we are always ready to talk about. It is a wonderful place of contrasts and great people.

I have friends living there and folks I consider family over there. Given a choice between my Panther related activities and my Philippine related activities, I would have to bid farewell to you all.

If you are so inclined, visit my domain: www.jeprox.us (http://www.jeprox.us/)

So what are you passionate about besides your Panther?

I have spent much time there my self. I have a friend who is a missionary there on the Island of Samar, Just east of Leyte. We live with the jungle people. I was there last May, and plan on returning as ofthen as I can. We were supposed to go to Mindinao this month but could not get enough people to go with us. Just like you said the people, the atmosphere is great. I will more than likely return next yr some time. evalkanet@comcast.net

Local Boy
05-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Surfing!!!

ALOHA

Motorhead350
05-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Music.... I'm called a music snob sometimes.

Haggis
05-02-2008, 03:32 AM
Music.... I'm called a music slob sometimes.

Or just a slob most of the time.

sailsmen
05-02-2008, 04:06 AM
Life!, Life! & Life!

It is better then the alternative.

BUCKWHEAT
05-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm not passionate about anything...I'm an accountant.

Aren Jay
05-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Houses and home renovation.

Currently building a new Home Theatre.

oldekid
05-02-2008, 07:02 PM

Her name is Kara, and next week she will be my wife.:lovies2:My step daughter is named Kara. . . . . it's not her is it?

Just kidding.

It takes a real man to come on an old man's muscle car forum and say what you just did. You had to expect a little flack, right?

Anyhow, since you were brave enough to do that, I think you are going to do just fine. Best of luck to you and Kara. There's nothing quite like being young and in love, unless it's being old and filled with wine. But, it's a start.

Congratulations, and tell Kara to call her dad.

:banana:

BAD MERC
05-02-2008, 07:05 PM
I am passionate about being a patriot and flying The United States Flag and passionate about NOT pressing 1 for friggin' English.

oldekid
05-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I am passionate about being a patriot and flying The United States Flag and passionate about NOT pressing 1 for friggin' English.Que? Uno?

I'm with you on that one Kenny.
:beer:

CRUZTAKER
05-02-2008, 07:21 PM
My landscape. ;)

03Farmmarauder
05-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Farming is a big one for me and architecture, so if you need house plans i can do it.

High-C
05-03-2008, 05:25 AM
Offshore Powerboat Racing... Bourbon Whiskey... Loose Women... not necessarily in that order. :cool:

arejayesss
05-03-2008, 07:08 AM
My step daughter is named Kara. . . . . it's not her is it?

Just kidding.

It takes a real man to come on an old man's muscle car forum and say what you just did. You had to expect a little flack, right?

Anyhow, since you were brave enough to do that, I think you are going to do just fine. Best of luck to you and Kara. There's nothing quite like being young and in love, unless it's being old and filled with wine. But, it's a start.

Congratulations, and tell Kara to call her dad.

:banana: Thank You! Actually, we will be seeing her Dad in a couple days. We fly out tuesday night to the Lone star State. T-7 days.........

JMan
05-03-2008, 07:25 AM
I have to say, I met Kara at the picnic (Dressed like FlavaJ) and must concur - It's got to be the car! Seriously, it was 20 years for me in April. Now if we can just get rid of the kids . . .

Congrats to you and best wishes for a long, illustrious marriage.

J

Oops, forgot to answer the post - Guitar, really passionate about music!

SC Cheesehead
05-03-2008, 07:33 AM
In the words of the venerable Tom T. Hall: "Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.";)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGPDlTvx0PQ

BTW arejayess, CONGRATS!

SCCH

Ms. Denmark
05-04-2008, 09:47 AM
For me, the key to enjoying my "passions"----- which currently include historic/classic houses,( I never miss the annual House Tours in Sergentsville,NJ and Easton,PA), entertaining friends , cooking (I love reading cookbooks), home renovation/design/decorating, my dogs, my family, traveling to just about anywhere-----is having someone to share my enthusiasm with. Mr. Man is that someone and is, of course, my biggest passion.( Pun intended);) Some of you will be meeting him soon, as he supports me in my newest " passion", involvement in this forum! :)

MM03MOK
05-04-2008, 10:42 AM
My landscape. ;)
Oh, I can atest to that!!! :D The envy of all that view the beauty!

Haggis
05-05-2008, 05:05 AM
Saving the planet by nuking mankind.

Ancient history, weapons and warfare, I'm psychotic what can I say.

MM03MOK
05-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Saving the planet by nuking mankind.

Ancient history, weapons and warfare, I'm psychotic what can I say.
He wanted to take a tank home as a souvenir from the Patton Museum but they kinda frown on dismantling their displays....not easy to stick in the back pocket. Also the turkey sign from Wild Turkey.... :rolleyes: :poke:

:D

rayjay
05-05-2008, 06:12 AM
My children, my wife (#3 ONLY), my firearms.

Motorhead350
05-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Or just a slob most of the time.

You are the only one to ever call me that.

Haggis
05-06-2008, 04:12 AM
You are the only one to ever call me that.

Wash your hair!!!! It still has peanut shells in it.

Motorhead350
05-06-2008, 04:16 AM
Wash your hair!!!! It still has peanut shells in it.

That is your fault. :lol: