PDA

View Full Version : I'm locked out

Motorhead350
05-11-2008, 08:08 PM
I loaned my keys to someone and they lost all of them including the one and only key I had for my 65 Chevy. What should I do about this? The truck is locked and there is no way I can get into it. The key for the door also worked the ignition. Should I bite the bullet and have a new one cut? Should I do the old screw driver trick and get in, but ruin the handle?

I think just cutting a new key would be perfect because I don't feel like replacing the ignition and door handle, but what is best? Can the common locksmith cut a key for something this old? :confused:

Blackened300a
05-11-2008, 08:11 PM
I had a locksmith cut keys for my 62 olds. Making a key is simple no matter what year.

Motorhead350
05-11-2008, 08:25 PM
I had a locksmith cut keys for my 62 olds. Making a key is simple no matter what year.

Great! What did that run you Paul? Keep in mind I have no keys to copy.

Mongoose
05-11-2008, 08:41 PM
If I recall correctly, there's a key code# on the lock. Most locksmiths have the code book. It's been 30+ years since I worked for Klein Bros. Safe & Lock Co. here in Louisville and we had a special key cutting machine for that application.

TAKEDOWN
05-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I believe there's a key shop in the area of Milwaukee on Addison north side of street, that will actually drive to your location and make keys on site, even if you don't have copies. Worst case scenerio, if you go to the nearest playground loitered with gangbangers, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to assist you. I just hope your cars are parked legal...Don't let Mayor DALEY find out!

Haggis
05-12-2008, 04:40 AM
Dom, Dom, Dom, what are we going to do with you? If you where here I'd slap you up the backside of your head.

Joe Walsh
05-12-2008, 04:55 AM
I loaned my keys to someone and they lost all of them including the one and only key I had for my 65 Chevy. What should I do about this? The truck is locked and there is no way I can get into it. The key for the door also worked the ignition. Should I bite the bullet and have a new one cut? Should I do the old screw driver trick and get in, but ruin the handle?

I think just cutting a new key would be perfect because I don't feel like replacing the ignition and door handle, but what is best? Can the common locksmith cut a key for something this old? :confused:

I'd either smash a window out with a baseball bat or pry a door open with a crowbar!

JEEZ!

Next time I run out of toilet paper....I'll have to start a thread and ask what is the best thing to do in this situation.

P.S. Maybe your friend didn't really lose your keys, but is now planning on stealing your Blazer....again.

O's Fan Rich
05-12-2008, 05:01 AM
real easy to go buy a whole new set of key's, locks and switches for that thing.

Mike Poore
05-12-2008, 05:08 AM
If you have the VIN can't any GM dealer cut a key for you? :dunno:

baltimoremm
05-12-2008, 05:39 AM
If you can get into your truck somehow, the easiest way is to take out the lock cylinder to your glove box (if you have a locking glove box) and take it to a locksmith so they can cut a key. It will be cheaper than having someone come to you.

PS. make more than one copy!

dreydin
05-12-2008, 07:21 AM
JEEZ!

Next time I run out of toilet paper....I'll have to start a thread and ask what is the best thing to do in this situation.
hahaha :lol:

Motorhead350
05-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Dom, Dom, Dom, what are we going to do with you? If you where here I'd slap you up the backside of your head.

Why me? I'm not the one who lost the keys?

This is for the 65 Chevy incase some of you mentioned the Blazer again for those with a.d.d. :rolleyes:

If you run out of toliet paper use 1/4 squares from paper towels until you can get another roll of toliet paper. If you use a whole sheet of paper towels it will clog the toliet... see I have you covered Joe! :P

Haggis
05-12-2008, 09:07 AM

Who lent them out?

O's Fan Rich
05-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Wait a minute.... do you even need a key to start a 65 Chevy?

IIRC there were a number od 60's GMs that would allow the ignition to turn without a key.

rvaldez1
05-12-2008, 12:11 PM
I believe there's a key shop in the area of Milwaukee on Addison north side of street, that will actually drive to your location and make keys on site, even if you don't have copies. Worst case scenerio, if you go to the nearest playground loitered with gangbangers, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to assist you. I just hope your cars are parked legal...Don't let Mayor DALEY find out!

Bullis Locksmith...best in the biz...Dom, when we used to do that in the hardware store, it was $50 plus the trip down. I think getting two new keys will run you about $125.

O's Fan Rich
05-12-2008, 01:30 PM

Hey Dominic....
It's easy.....
http://www.paddockparts.com/Paddock/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=199&gift=False&0=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D13% 26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D%2CChe vy%2FGMC%20Truck&mscssid=0781EBB93659442D68274E E13923296A

Aren Jay
05-12-2008, 02:45 PM
So now we know how you keep losing stuff.

Blk Mamba
05-12-2008, 04:32 PM

This is for the 65 Chevy incase some of you mentioned the Blazer again for those with a.d.d. :rolleyes:

If you run out of toliet paper use 1/4 squares from paper towels until you can get another roll of toliet paper. If you use a whole sheet of paper towels it will clog the toliet... see I have you covered Joe! :P

No you are not the one that "lost" the keys, you are the dumb a$$ that loaned them out, nobody needs all your keys, just give them the one they need,(nobody needs any of my keys) but then again I don't trust the people that you do.

Motorhead350
05-12-2008, 05:11 PM
So, Trash what happened to you today? :confused:

Rich I knew where to find a whole new system, but I was looking for a way around that. Thank you for that info though. ;)

Gordon, yes it was me who loaned the keys. Everything that ever goes wrong is always my fault... and in reality it is. No one get's my keys anymore!

Blk Mamba
05-12-2008, 05:22 PM
So, Trash what happened to you today? :confused:

Rich I knew where to find a whole new system, but I was looking for a way around that. Thank you for that info though. ;)

Gordon, yes it was me who loaned the keys. Everything that ever goes wrong is always my fault... and in reality it is. No one get's my keys anymore!

I hurried home to read your next post, and was not disappointed, once again.

Motorhead350
05-12-2008, 05:41 PM
I hurried home to read your next post, and was not disappointed, once again.

So your problem being? :confused: