PDA

View Full Version : My wife says my MM is cursed...

Ozz
05-12-2008, 11:11 AM
My wife thinks my Marauder is cursed because I have had an exceptional number of issues with it lately. I am approaching 60k miles and have had the following issues with it:
- Wiper motor
- Changed lighting control module while chasing what turned out to be wiper motor - old one was good (anyone need one?)
- Driver's window control LED's stopped working - tried to resolder - mixed results - need new one to make right
- Radio losing reception (now on my 3rd 300A radio)
- Right Front ABS sensor bad - sensor not available that day - changed whole hub instead
- Still scrubbing front tires - even with CarFixer's specs
- Accident 1/28/08 - new front end sheetmetal (no frame, engine, radiator damage)
- Alternator - 4 days after I got it back from accident repair - not related to accident - paid accident repair dealership to change because I thought it was accident related and had to pay labor for them to diagnose anyway.
- Water pump started leaking last week. Changed it over the weekend.

Should I expect the rearend and valvetrain to give me problems next???

Go ahead - predict what my next problem will be... :rolleyes:

SID210SA
05-12-2008, 11:58 AM
What....no hood squeek???

Ozz
05-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Oh yea, had that but fixed it by adding side bumpers, felt tape (on the hood above the front corner bumpers) and silicone spray (on the felt tape and corner bumpers).

J D
05-12-2008, 12:52 PM

Although I wish this on no MM, one word:

Paint . . .

Aren Jay
05-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Dead Battery.

TiTo35
05-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Either the paint or the blend doors...:alone:

I am not sure if you want ppl to actually predict what is going to go wrong next though...:depress:

Blk Mamba
05-12-2008, 04:21 PM
My wife thinks my Marauder is cursed because I have had an exceptional number of issues with it lately. I am approaching 60k miles and have had the following issues with it:
- Wiper motor
- Changed lighting control module while chasing what turned out to be wiper motor - old one was good (anyone need one?)
- Driver's window control LED's stopped working - tried to resolder - mixed results - need new one to make right
- Radio losing reception (now on my 3rd 300A radio)
- Right Front ABS sensor bad - sensor not available that day - changed whole hub instead
- Still scrubbing front tires - even with CarFixer's specs
- Accident 1/28/08 - new front end sheetmetal (no frame, engine, radiator damage)
- Alternator - 4 days after I got it back from accident repair - not related to accident - paid accident repair dealership to change because I thought it was accident related and had to pay labor for them to diagnose anyway.
- Water pump started leaking last week. Changed it over the weekend.

Should I expect the rearend and valvetrain to give me problems next???

If this were me it would be easy to predict, a divorce.

MADRODER
05-12-2008, 05:01 PM
....rear axles making funny noises yet?

Motorhead350
05-12-2008, 05:15 PM
:laugh:

If this were me it would be easy to predict, a divorce.

Wow that's great.

I was thinking bad things were happening to other people and not you. Oh well. My car is cursed the opposite way if that makes since.

Ozz
05-13-2008, 06:11 AM
(speaking in the voice of Alex Trebek) "the correct answer is 'idler pulley'...'idler pulley'"

I had not noticed it before but it was screaming and growling when I got home last night.
Stupid me, after changing the water pump Saturday, I cleaned the engine off with soap and water... must have been the last straw for the pulley. :shake:

Battery is a good guess since it has not been changed... paint - since the front end paint is new, I think I'm good there. The rest of it has not changed much.

Sinister
05-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Your A/C still blows out the dash? (fix instructions on mm.net, replace o-rings inside etac)
You can pump gas into your tank? (clean out the evap solenoid)
You haven't rebuilt the rear-end, yet?
How about the $400 electric cooling fan?

Stranger in the Black Sedan
05-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Sinister sounds right on. My blend door is starting to clunk loudly when it transitions, at 32k miles. Never used to do this. It works for the time being, but for how much longer?

BigCars4Ever
05-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Check your master cylinder, it's most likely leaking at 60k. And my blend door makes noise too. Sounds like someone with a rubber mallet under the car!

sd8683
05-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Save all the headaches and get an extended warranty, that's what I did.

Ozz
05-13-2008, 11:03 AM
..hmmm... my power steering reservoir does seem to stay wet on top recently. I think it may have been over filled though when they did the accident repair.

The brake reservoir has always leaked a little - just enough to notice around the cap seal. Nothing new, can't see a difference in the fluid level.

BigCars4Ever
05-13-2008, 05:47 PM
..hmmm... my power steering reservoir does seem to stay wet on top recently. I think it may have been over filled though when they did the accident repair.

The brake reservoir has always leaked a little - just enough to notice around the cap seal. Nothing new, can't see a difference in the fluid level.
Look near the bottom of the Vacuum booster. I didn't notice mine untill it dripped on the frame.