PDA

View Full Version : Wtf - 954-424-9037

KillJoy
05-12-2008, 01:09 PM
I just got a call from this number saying it was from "Account Services", and that I had been mailed several notices of a reduced Interest Rate for my Account. It said to press 1 to speak w/ a person, or 2 to disconnect.

I pressed 1, and was transferred to "Ashley". I said I was called about my Account, and it said to press 1. She said "Sorry" and hung up. I immediately called back, and it says the number has been disconnected.

WTF???

KillJoy

ts-pa
05-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Google shows that number to be from a telemarketer.

If they call again, tell them to put you on the "DO NOT CALL LIST"!

Aren Jay
05-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Don't wait call your phone company and ask to be put on the do not call list.

I just hang up.

Telemarketers just make numbers up at will they keep them for a phone call or two then dump them.

Blk Mamba
05-12-2008, 04:26 PM
I've been on the do not call list for years, I can't believe that everyone else isn't.

lucenti
05-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Ahh You Were Connected To The Twilite Zone ! If Yu Get Connected Again Just Ask Them To Beam Yu Up

:laugh:

RF Overlord
05-12-2008, 04:49 PM
I've been receiving similar calls...they tell me that the warranty on my car is about to run out and that I'm risking the safety of my family by not having a warranty...blah blah blah. Of course, the warranty on MY car ran out 3 years ago, so I knew immediately it was a crock...

Telemarketers are the lowest form of scum on earth...yes, even lower than used car salesmen.

Billy Mays ROCKS, though...

:lol:

Cobra25
05-12-2008, 05:04 PM
The 954 area code is in Broward County, South East Florida . Just in case you might be wondering.

QWK SVT
05-13-2008, 11:26 AM
I get similar calls, all the time... It's just some telemarketer, trying to sell you on a "great" credit card. I have predetermined lines, depending on the scenario:
Are you moving soon? Yes, I've lost my job and can no longer afford rent... Will you help me move for free?

Are you planning to change your windows & doors? I live in a basement apartment. I have no windows. What's it like outside?

Would you like a trial subscription to our newspaper? I'm illiterate - I can't read. Thanks for making me feel bad about it, a-hole!

Since I moved to this number (many years ago), I have been receiving calls for someone named "Opal Forrester" (not sure how to spell it). Calls from schools, where her kids were skipping classes. Calls from lawyers. Calls from collection agencies. Even got calls from her family members.

I finally gave up, and started to tell everyone that called, "I killed her, and chopped her up into bite sized portions. Wanna come over for a BBQ?" :D

baltimoremm
05-13-2008, 05:56 PM
www.donotcall.gov