PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions...

TiTo35
05-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Not too long ago my moms Ford Contour's transmission went out out. So, instead of getting it fixed she wants a NEW car...BRAND NEW car. I had a Camry for a rental and she drove it and she said he liked...I hated that car. So she is stuck on a Toyota Camry or an Avalon. Mind you all my mother is "older," and she does not like driving the MM. Any suggestions on any other vehicles out there now a days?

Thanks

Blk Mamba
05-12-2008, 04:07 PM
There are tons of cars, Toyota is one of the most reliable, cheapest to operate, most expensive to fix after an accident, every thing has good points and bad, just be glad she doesn't take your MM away because she does like it. Let her have what she wants and be glad for her, remember yesterday was mothers day. That means she is always right! And what do you mean by "Old"?

TiTo35
05-12-2008, 04:13 PM
There are tons of cars, Toyota is one of the most reliable, cheapest to operate, most expensive to fix after an accident, every thing has good points and bad, just be glad she doesn't take your MM away because she does like it. Let her have what she wants and be glad for her, remember yesterday was mothers day. That means she is always right! And what do you mean by "Old"?

Older...I dont want to tell her age...She's a mother once you met her you would say, "I didnt think she was that old."

Aren Jay
05-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Subaru....or Smart car.

TiTo35
05-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Subaru....or Smart car.

Hell NO to a smart car...
I saw one on the streets of downtown DC and thought someone had lost a shoe... :shake:

DJCV
05-14-2008, 03:07 PM
I had a Camry for a rental and she drove it and she said he liked...I hated that car. So she is stuck on a Toyota Camry or an Avalon. Mind you all my mother is "older," and she does not like driving the MM. Any suggestions on any other vehicles out there now a days?

Sounds like she's already leaning towards one of the Toyotas. Judging by the many, many excellent reviews and the hundreds that I see each and every day on the road, they are great cars----if you like that kind of car. (My father-in-law was an American-car type of guy until about 7 years ago, when he took the plunge and bought a Toyota Avalon. He's on his second one now, happy as a clam, and never looked back.)

FordNut
05-14-2008, 04:18 PM
I had an Avalon for a rental a couple of weeks ago. It was well equipped, pretty nice.

It ain't a Panther though!