PDA

View Full Version : Got A New Ride For Dawn

Ross
05-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Well, after test driving cars, and looking at various reports and ratings, as well as listening to input from this site, we made a choice.
We had a budget in mind (under 40K), and for that price we could either get a new VW Eos, Toyota Solara, or some others. We could also find a fair number of used convertibles from BMW and other more "high end" makers.
While searching for some deals on used cars (pardon me..."pre-owned"), we came across a 2002 Lexus SC430. Only 40K miles, 3 years/60K left on factory warranty, spotless, perfect paint, leather, etc. Tremendous sound system, factory navigation system, surprisingly quiet even with the top down at 65 MPH.
I drove it and liked it, Dawn drove it and it was love at first sight.
Got it for $30,000.
First foreign car for either of us. Part of me feels bad, but there isn't that much to offer in American convertibles anymore.
Dawn is smiling, and everyone thinks she has a brand new Lexus, until we break down and tell them the truth.

Motorhead350
05-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Cool enjoy your new ride. Perfect start for summer. :banana2:

Haggis
05-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Congrats Dawn. I really thought you were going to hold out for the Mercedes. ;)

Ross
05-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Gordon, I didn't DARE mention the "M" word in front of her!
But, she will look great driving up to the Houston Highland Games this weekend in the new ride.

Haggis
05-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Gordon, I didn't DARE mention the "M" word in front of her!
But, she will look great driving up to the Houston Highland Games this weekend in the new ride.

I'm sure she would make a Mini look great. :D

jgc61sr2002
05-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Ross Congrats.:D A very nice ride indeed.