PDA

View Full Version : Rear view camera

fastblackmerc
05-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Has anyone added a rear view camera? Looking to add one to my AVIC-D2 and was interested in finding out which one you used and why.

vkirkend
05-23-2008, 09:38 AM
I have one for my truck. BOYO brand. it's hard to see in bright sunlight. it attaches to the rear view mirror.

BruteForce
05-23-2008, 11:02 AM
copied from my reply over on on the brand x site

I bought the "Boyo Vision VTL300 Zinc Alloy Black License Frame with CCD" to use with my Z2 based on recommendations I read on AVIC411.com (http://www.avic411.com/forum/index.php). Paid about 150 shipped. The consensus was that the Pioneer part sux and is overpriced. I went with the license frame mount type to avoid having to drill into the body. I also installed a rocker switch to toggle it on whenever I want. :D

ParkRanger
05-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Has anyone added a rear view camera? Looking to add one to my AVIC-D2 and was interested in finding out which one you used and why.

I have one w/Z1 - license frame mount. (very discreet!) I got it cause of the good deal offered after buying the pioneer system and speakers. Glad I did - I refer to it constantly when in reverse.

TAKEDOWN
05-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Added a rear view camera, can't remember brand I'll get back to you on it. Got it cause of drk tints...it's placed in the trunk key hole.

DOOM
05-23-2008, 01:33 PM
I have the pioneer camera which was included with my Z2. I like the setup.