PDA

View Full Version : a tragic loss

SILVERSURFER03
05-23-2008, 12:14 PM
just heard that a marauder owner died this week......

i just meet ( jazz ) two of three weeks ago . while passing by the job

saw him last friday afternoon .. a friend stopped by today to tell me

that he had commited suicide last saturday.... he will be missed

Dr Caleb
05-23-2008, 12:30 PM
What do you say to something like that?

I didn't know the guy, but I hope his family is well.

Spectragod
05-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Wow, what can you say, I hope his family and friends are coping well, time will make things better, but it will still hurt for some time, they are in my prayers.

SG

Bradley G
05-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Prayers for his family, God bless his soul.

ctrlraven
05-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Thoughts and prayers to his family.

sailsmen
05-24-2008, 11:03 AM
We are all our own keeper.

Prayers to his family and friends.

knine
05-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Mental illiness in America is not taken seriously. Mental illness can be treated. Too many times people meet with situations they cannot deal with, and rather than ask for help, they take the only path they know, suicide. It is a tragic situation that leaves families and loved ones, friends and others wondering not only what happened but with the sometimes guilt that they missed something, a clue perhaps, a message not returned, adequate time not given to a person and so on. Today's society paints a not-so-pretty picture of a person who is strong enough to admit they need help, and society paints that person as a nut job or loon, rather than address the situation with dignity, respect and confidentiality. We have all been overwhelmed at one point or more in our lives, the lucky ones have friends and family to get them thru. The unlucky ones turn in on theirselves without reaching out.

Suicide is not an answer, it is an end. Nothing in life is worth taking your own life. Nothing. Not that pretty girl that just dumped you, the house that got reposessed, or a personal problem that today seems insurmountable, but in 20 years from now that person may not even recall vividly. Life has way to much to experience and I feel sorry for this tragic loss of a sole, especially someone you know.

1stMerc
05-25-2008, 06:09 AM
That's rough to hear. May God give the survivors the strength to cope with this tragedy.

rayjay
05-25-2008, 07:56 AM
Prayers for the family sent, RIP brother.

MM03MOK
05-26-2008, 05:42 AM
Very well put, Earin. Our condolences to his family.

xopher
05-26-2008, 11:01 PM
The only way to stop it is to stay connected and keyed in with others to prevent them from having to make serious decisions alone. I've been in that hole and a story from a second season episode of The West Wing hits the nail on the head:

<DD>"This guy's walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. <DD>"A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, 'Hey you. Can you help me out?' The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and moves on. <DD>"Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, 'Father, I'm down in this hole can you help me out?' The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on <DD>"Then a friend walks by, 'Hey, Joe, it's me can you help me out?' And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, 'Are you stupid? Now we're both down here.' The friend says, 'Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out.'"</DD>
It's easy to forget other people need you to share your strength with them.

Sorry to hear about Jazz. Our thoughts are with his friends and family.

SILVERSURFER03
05-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Thanks To All Whom Posted ..... It Was Well Recived Thanks Again