PDA

View Full Version : Labrador

davidholland
05-24-2008, 02:55 PM
As many of you may remember I had to put down my yellow Lab last year.

I just adopted a Chocolate Lab named Bosco. He was at our local shelter.

he is 8 years old (but acts like 3). Everyone said its best to get another dog, I never thought I would even consider it after losing Hercules. How ever time does heal and maybe I can give Bosco a good life for the time he has left.

Thanks to all hear who helped ease the pain of losing Herc.

See you at Carlisle!:)

finster101
05-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Good luck with the new "pup". Not easy losing a good friend. New friends while not the same are still a real joy. Learned this for myself last year as well. :beer:

mrjones
05-24-2008, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=davidholland;619320]

I just adopted a Chocolate Lab named Bosco. He was at our local shelter.

Congratulations on the new dog. I lost ours almost 2 years ago. I thought it was gonna be hard on our kids and my wife. It was much worse on me, and I still haven't wanted to get a new dog, but I'm getting ready.

Re: the dog's name -- Can you still get Bosco chocolate syrup? I remember having it when I was a kid instead of Hershey's, but I haven't seen it in forever.

Blk Mamba
05-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes it's for sale on line, you can go to bosco chocolate syrup, and order it, 12 27 oz. for $30.

03blackvegas
05-24-2008, 09:36 PM
I just adopted a chocolate lab too, he came with fur made with almonds and coconut. I was told to keep him out of the heat.

knine
05-25-2008, 05:23 AM
Knick knack paddy wack, you gave a dog a home !! SUPER !! You are truely one of the great ones. Not many will give a second chance to dogs in rescues. I volunteer for Dalmatian rescue ( www.dalrescue.net (http://www.dalrescue.net) ) and I love success stories.

Now, get your dog a dog. You won't be sorry. Dogs are pack animals, and you will see a new side in your dog if you do !!

MM03MOK
05-25-2008, 05:28 AM
:congrats: to you and Bosco!! :puppy:

rayjay
05-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Congrats on your new best bud!

Bigdogjim
05-25-2008, 09:24 AM
If you really want a super great dog get a BEAGLE

kartherma
05-25-2008, 10:14 AM
It is hard to lose your buddy like that.

Contrary to bigdog (or anyone else who has yet to truly experience a lab) thinks, stick with labs.

My folks raised labs professionally while I was growing up. I cannot remember a time when we had less than 5 labs. That spans from as early as I can remember all the way through the time I graduated high school.

My good buddy in the picture is a "salvage". his dad was a marine in the gulf and his "mom" was a cheating whore who left him and his yard mate in the Yuma 110F+ degree heat all day every day without water and then beat him.
This dude is the total package. I am sure yours is a true dream also. The love they have for their family is unsurpassed.

I am happy for you and Bosco. Keep Bosco active and Bosco will keep you happy!

Be Good!
Curt

P.S.
Have labrador related questions? Ask.
Mom-N-Pop bred them so prolifically that at one point they were dubbed the "number one breeder of labs in the south west" (although that was 20 years ago)...and they managed to produce a line that went on to win best of breed at westminster (again, YEARS ago).

I love labs!

Ms. Denmark
05-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Nothing better than unconditional love ! That's why it hurts so much to lose them. I think any dog can steal our heart if we give them a chance. It's great you can give yourself and Bosco just that. Thanks for making a lot of us smile! Best Regards from my gang, Buddy, Belle, and Violet :)