PDA

View Full Version : Bank Story

magindat
05-30-2008, 11:41 AM
So much stupid crap happens around here I'm gonna start sharing it...

Background:
My little bank got swallowed by a big bank. Massive layoffs. I'm one of em. Anyways, my friend Chris was in the Call Center - doing bank biz over the phone. Laid off. Rehired as a skilled walk-in and phone receptionist. Chris has an injury and is disabled. No shoulder. Only has function in his left arm from the forearm down. Right is OK.

So this customer comes in used to seeing the old (and I mean old... now retired) receptionist. Flips out on Chris over his button up long-sleeve blue shirt... and no tie. Dude absolutley flipped about his top button and no tie. Chris CAN'T tie a tie.

Chris maintains composure and sits the customer with Donna, a mid 60's (and wearing well) 20-year Customer Service Rep/Personal Banker. Dude is still goin on about Chris. So, Donna says... "I bet you wouldn't mind if I unbuttoned my top button."

Dude shut right up.

Starman
05-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Right on. What an idiot. Shudda been shown the door. I can't imagine what that pinheads life is like when he gets all cramped up about a button and a tie. Get a life bozo.

TiTo35
05-30-2008, 11:55 AM
I never thought I would see the day a man gets mad because another man does not have a tie on...:shake:

Blackmobile
05-30-2008, 12:19 PM
That's the main reason why in the past, I'd avoid jobs that dealt with the public, or someone else's money. Biting your tongue can be painful at times.

TAKEDOWN
05-30-2008, 01:56 PM
He's probably yuppie scum! or an old skool Drill Sergeant!

fordman
05-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Should have told that person to turn on the news. Much more terrible things going on in the world today than to worry about a disabled gentlemen not wearing a tie!!! I've worked in the public sector since I was 19. Its been a long 7 years. I know how you feel dealing with all the wonderful different types of people. I do it EVERY day!

Blk Mamba
05-30-2008, 03:37 PM
He's probably yuppie scum! or an old skool Drill Sergeant!

Old school Drill Sergent's aren't stupid, he possibly would have asked if there was a reason, and maybe even offered help, you see, they have seen their share of physically disabled.

Aren Jay
06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
So what is a tie for anyway?