PDA

View Full Version : Did you know that...

Long Live #3
08-23-2003, 10:35 PM
The Marauder is the only car in prodution that has a "true dual" exhaust? I found that out about two weeks ago. Who else knows?

03SILVERSTREAK
08-24-2003, 02:06 AM
I knew but the Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport also has a true dual
exaust except that the pipes are not aslarge in diameter as the
MM . :rock:

RoyLPita
08-24-2003, 07:43 AM
The Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, the Crown Victoria, and the Grand Marquis with the Handling and Performance Package have true dual exhaust. Dual exhaust was also available in a towing package plus a 3.55 limited slip axle on earlier models.

Just my .02

jgc61sr2002
08-24-2003, 10:35 AM
What Roy said. ^^^^^^

RF Overlord
08-24-2003, 11:34 AM
The new T-bird doesn't have dual exhaust? How about the Mach 1 or the Cobra?

rumble
08-24-2003, 12:38 PM
What do you mean by "the only car in production "? Are you referring to just panther platforms? Maybe duals with X pipes? Actually their are many many cars in production with true dual exhaust.

JET
08-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Wasn't there a thread here that explained the TRUE DUAL EXHAUST using the new GTO as an example. I thought the MM didn't have a TDE. How about some definition from the gear heads.

joflewbyu2
08-24-2003, 04:08 PM
SOMEONE PLEASE CLOSE THIS !! It is obvious this person does NOT know what an exhaust system is or consists of. There are MANY cars that have true dual exhaust (no convergence between cyl banks BESIDES crossover pipe or balance tube).There are even 6 cyl cars (BMW M3) that have dual pipes from the primary header which consists of two "3 into 1" primaries and stay separate all the way back. VW's 6 cyl sometimes do the same and use the muffler as a balance tube/crossover pipe. DUAL OUTLETS DO NOT ALWAYS EQUAL DUAL EXUAST JUST AS A SINGLE SIDE OUTLET DOES NOT ALWAYS EQUAL SINGLE EXHAUST.

Long Live #3
08-24-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by rumble
What do you mean by "the only car in production "? Are you referring to just panther platforms? Maybe duals with X pipes? Actually their are many many cars in production with true dual exhaust.

I was referring to the panther platforms. Sorry, I forgot to mentions that.

RF Overlord
08-25-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by marauder2306
Wasn't there a thread here that explained the TRUE DUAL EXHAUST using the new GTO as an example. I thought the MM didn't have a TDE. How about some definition from the gear heads.

2306:

True dual exhaust, as opposed to dual OUTLETS, generally means each bank of cylinders (on a "V" motor) has its own plumbing. That plumbing can be interconnected with the other side, as jo-alphabet said, with an H- or X- pipe, and still be considered "true" dual". IIRC, Chevy even made a performance version of the venerable 250 L6 motor, with a "tri-Y" header, that connected 3 cylinders each into two separate outlets, with all the associated dual plumbing...that would also be considered "true" dual exhaust, as would some of the new "bi-Y" headers on 4-cyl. cars that feed 2-to-1; I believe the new Chrysler SRT-4 does this, but don't quote me...

Dual OUTLET exhaust is what my Thunderbird SC had...a Y-pipe connecting each bank of cylinders together into a common pipe, a single catalytic converter, then a "Y-pipe in reverse", splitting into two mufflers and tailpipes...sometimes the fakery is even more blatant, as when the output of a single MUFFLER is split, so there are simply 2 tailpipes instead of one...(I call THAT cheating....)

Here's the link to the GTO dual exhaust (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3238) thread

JET
08-25-2003, 06:19 AM
RF
Thanks for the info.

Long Live #3
08-25-2003, 06:50 AM
I acually learned something without going to school!