PDA

View Full Version : Alias

Aren Jay
06-20-2008, 08:36 PM
It is funny how most of us only know each other through our alias, on screen name. Yes a few know each other in person, but not most of us.

And this is beyond this club. All over the internet people have no idea who they are talking to. Yet they/ we have friends online who we chat with, talk to or about and reguard one way or the other.

Now this has happened throughout history. It still amazes me that few if anyone knows who "Aloysius Schicklegrubber" is. Yet this one person is better know under the Alias than anyone else in history.

One can even have a ficticious nationality. Take that Singing band guy Lawerance Welk, I always thought he was German. But he was grass roots American. Actors do this name alias very well and quite often. The Sheens come to mind. Should they not be seen, they could use their real names on the internet and no one would know who they are. Hiding in plain sight.

Take me for instance no one here knows my real name. Yet i might have gone to school or College with you. Some think they know my name but that may be another alias, less fictious but an alias all the same. And I may used D1 CC for many things, but i have dozens of names online. Again some more realistic or translations of my real names in other languages, but an alias none the less.

Other ways of thinking of names are what they mean. For instance my full real name would be very similar to my current name although it was changed in the past, long time ago before i was born.

But with a meaning that each name describes.

Me being the Brightly famous chieftain who is the son of the lord who is gracious.

Yet my alias is the opposite of this.

de minimus
06-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Is your real name Cheech or Chong?

J D
06-20-2008, 09:37 PM
I gotta say here that it was amazing to meet so many here from MM.net at Carlisle, and startling in some cases to say the least. As what one constructs from words on a screen can pale in comparison to reality.

And also with you being the Post King of the Lounge here I've always been curious as to your identity, but given that title, please PLEASE tell my you're not a televangelist

Aren Jay
06-20-2008, 10:28 PM
I have thought of starting my own religion.

Bluerauder
06-21-2008, 04:56 AM
It still amazes me that few if anyone knows who "Aloysius Schicklegrubber" is. Yet this one person is better know under the Alias than anyone else in history.
I assume you meant Adolf Schicklegruber (one "b") .... aka Adolf Hitler. His father's name was Alois.

sailsmen
06-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Get some real friends and you won't feel the need to post this kind of thing.