PDA

View Full Version : Buried Yorky Today

sailsmen
06-23-2008, 04:03 PM
At 17 our Yorky, Bandit died.

He was an inside dog and got left outside by mistake. He was deaf and blind. The past 2 weeks he really slowed down. Friday nite he was panting really bad in his sleep, I woke him up and he was ok.

Early this am I put him out side and he didn't move for 8 minutes.

Latter when he was put back outside when we left someone forgot to let him in and lock him in the utility room.

My wife went home early for a job interview and found him dead in the back yard in the corner of the fence. He probably barked at the back door and then went looking for another way in walking along the fence. His legs were splayed out and he was stiff so I don't think he sufferd all day but died shortly after we left.

The neighbors were home and didn't hear him bark. We were hoping he would die in his sleep which is what he mostly did.

He was quite a watch dog in his day and probably kept us safe on many an occasion.

Zack
06-23-2008, 04:12 PM
My condolences, I love pets.

Local Boy
06-23-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm sorry for your loss...and 'am sadden by the news...

My heartfelt condolences...

ALOHA

mpearce
06-23-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss, you must be very sad. We always take those little friends in our lives for granted until they're gone. Ane when they are, they're missed very much. My condolences to you. My wife and I are big animal people. We have 6. 4 cats, and 2 dogs. We love every minute with them. We figured we'd rather have animals instead of kids.

-Mat

Blk Mamba
06-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Our prayers go out to you, and your family, in this time of great loss, even though we do not always see eye to eye, I still have feelings for your loss.

Bigdogjim
06-23-2008, 04:32 PM
You will see each other again at the WWW.RainbowBridge.com (http://www.RainbowBridge.com)

GordonB
06-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Joan and I send our deepest sympathies. Hardest task I ever handled was digging a grave and burying our last dog, about 10 yrs ago. She died prematurely at age 9. UGH!
GordonB

JMan
06-23-2008, 04:41 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. It may be the best thing at this point. My most sincere condolences.

JMan

TiTo35
06-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Aww man...Sorry to hear about your lost...Pets are just like family...

baltimoremm
06-23-2008, 05:00 PM
my condolences. 17 years is a good, long life.

Bradley G
06-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Prayers for Bandit, keep the dobber up Bro!
I bet he was a gas !

RoyLPita
06-23-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

Bluerauder
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Condolences on your loss. :(

Hotrauder
06-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Condolences, Billy. May the many happy memories of your 17 year relationship with Bandit bring you peace and ease your pain. All the best to you and your family. Dennis

offroadkarter
06-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Very sorry for your loss, losing a pet is never easy :(

MADRODER
06-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, it's never easy to loose a family pet especially after 17 yrs.

Spectragod
06-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Sorry for your loss, it's hard when you loose one, you gotta believe that you made Bandits life good for 17 years, just as he did yours.

SG

sailsmen
06-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the comments.

In days past when we would sing a particular song Bandit would howl. This was a very popular song and we only changed one word. Any other song or the same music but different words and he would not sing. We could sing half a stanza and he would stop the instant we stopped.

"I ain’t got no home
No place to roam
I ain’t got a home
No place to roam
I’m a lonely dog
I ain’t got a home

I ain’t got no sister
I ain’t got a brother
I ain’t got a father
Not even a mother
I’m a lonely dog
I ain’t got a home

Woo-woo-woo-woo-woo-woo-woo-woo"

All we had to sing was I'm a lonley dog and he would start howling.:) Some may say he howled to stop me from singing but he only howled to this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvU9Ex3PPDs

Bradley G
06-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Those are the same lyrics Bandit is singing, right now.

jgc61sr2002
06-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Very sorry about your loss.

Signal_20
06-24-2008, 04:11 AM
I am very sorry for your loss, I have a Yorkie named Bear and he is my best friend. I really look forward to coming home just because he is always there and happy to see me. No matter how bad a day I have had he makes it better.

2,4shofast
06-24-2008, 06:02 AM
Im really sorry to hear about your loss.

magindat
06-24-2008, 06:58 AM
Billy, sorry to hear. All the best. Rich

ctrlraven
06-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. It's always rough when you lose a furry family member. My wife loves yorkies, her 2nd (tea cup 13yrs old) one passed away before Christmas and shortly after we got another regular yorkie.

ckadiddle
06-24-2008, 08:07 AM
So sorry to hear it. It hurts to lose a beloved pet.

Dogs show us the true meaning of unconditional love. It is a rare gift.

RF Overlord
06-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Billy, the loss of a beloved pet is always sad, but take heart in the fact that he's now at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm) waiting for you.

TAKEDOWN
06-24-2008, 08:38 AM
That sucks...real sad, I'm sure your dog lived a great life with you guys. I remember a few years back my dog died and I was unable to see her, I was stationed out in Kuwait at the time. Really SUCKS.

Ms. Denmark
06-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Mr. Man, Belle, Buddy, Violet and Maude join me in saying "We're so sorry for your loss".

sailsmen
06-26-2008, 06:58 PM
What I have learned is dogs have no mechanism to tell them they are over heating to stop and rest. They will keep going until they drop.

The way they regulate their temp is by panting. Drinking water will not cool a dog. So long as their mouth is moist drinking water will not cool a dog. Dogs can over heat while swimming.

Humans cool as a result of persperation so drinking water refills the cooling tank. Compared to Dogs Humans are highly resistant to heat. Dogs will overheat well before humans.

Heavy panting and heavy saliva are signs of dogs over heating. To cool a dog continuously pour cool running water over dog and get out of the sun to a cool place. Ice can be applied to back of the neck, but cool running water continuously run over dog and out of the sun to a cool place is best way to cool. If you are outside first run the hot water out of the hose or disconnect it from the bib.

Dogs can over heat while being taken for a walk.

Unfortunately due to our dogs age barking at the back door and walking 80' in the morning sun was more than he could take.