PDA

View Full Version : Parked in my Lot today

Bluerauder
06-27-2008, 06:58 AM
Everyday at work, I try to park in the exact same spot. This morning I pull in at work and another car is already there ... the car immediately catches my eye. Nice lines, nice color, 3 air ports on the front fender -- THIS is a Buick, no way. ;) Gotta take a closer look.

Turns out that it is a "brand new" 2008 Masserati Quattroporte 4-door Executive GT in pearl white. Has temp tags only a week old. Badged with "pininfarina" on the lower front quarter panels. Didn't see an "S" badge anywhere so I don't think this one is the Quatroporte S model. :dunno: Have no idea who it belongs to.

Specs --

V8 4.2L DOHC
RWD
400 HP @ 7000 RPMs
339 TQ @ 4250 RPMs
11.1 to 1 compression ratio
Curb Weight = 4325 pounds
MSRP = $129,150

Absolutely beautiful. I guess it's OK to park next to this guy, huh? :rofl:

Guess that not everyone has been affected by gas prices. :rolleyes: Maybe he was able to talk them down to a flat $100K. :)

Stupid Question -- Shouldn't this car have 4-ports on each side instead of 3? Afterall, it is a "Quattroporte". :duh:

hot-rauder
06-27-2008, 07:08 AM
a guy up the street from me traded in his F550 for the Masserati. damn its a nice car!

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2008/01/26-maserati-quattroporte-collezione-cento/Maserati-Quattroporte-Collezione-Cento-2-lg.jpg

jdando
06-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Stupid Question -- Shouldn't this car have 4-ports on each side instead of 3? Afterall, it is a "Quattroporte". :duh:

Yes, I think it should have 4 ports/vents on each side. I was under the impression 1 vent/cylinder.

I thought "Quattroporte" meant 4 doors.

And yes, these cars are gorgeous!

Bluerauder
06-27-2008, 07:15 AM
a guy up the street from me traded in his F550 for the Masserati. damn its a nice car!
That is the EXACT car. Why didn't you stop in to say HI when you took the pics? :rofl:

hot-rauder
06-27-2008, 07:18 AM
That is the EXACT car. Why didn't you stop in to say HI when you took the pics? :rofl:

you drive a blue MM... i wouldnt stop to tell you anything:flamer:

lol jk, the guy's one here is gray. and it sounds amazing.... although you could see and hear the bright yellow Ferrari a lot easier
:D

TiTo35
06-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Kevin Durrant bought his father one...I see it almost everyday at work...

huot5
06-27-2008, 07:37 AM
It's Italian, it's cool. looks like Euro trash. ... j/k. Wealthy family car.

dpotter
06-27-2008, 08:06 AM
I had fun with a Quattroporte (which does mean 4 door) one day in my stock '04 Cobra coupe, it was a good run with me pulling slightly from a dead stop to 120. That's a damn nice ride, once I win the lotto I will get one in blue...found this one with 7K on the clock for $67K, bargain.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=235314743&dealer_id=1387305&car_year=2006&model=QP&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=2005&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&color2=&search_lang=en&make=MAS&keywords_display=&color=BLUE&page_location=findacar%3A%3Ais psearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=75035&advanced=y&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=235

Joe Walsh
06-27-2008, 08:20 AM
I always thought that the 'quattroporte' meant 4 valves per cylinder...:dunno:

He can always get those glue-on Buick 'ports' to make up for the missing 4th fender port...

Raudermaster
06-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Ugly cars IMO, there's a dealer on Rt.1 that sells these along with other high ends like it. Wouldn't drive it.

Taemian
06-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Lots of them around here. Stats aren't that great, their value is dropping fast already. It used to be about exclusivity, but since there's a good number of them here now, they're not a big deal.

Aren Jay
06-29-2008, 01:02 AM
It looks like a Volvo.

sailsmen
06-29-2008, 05:06 AM
Keep the Marauder;
Pacammer

Trader: (0)
Post Feedback

Can a Marauder hold its own on the track with a Lamborgini?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make a short story long I own an 04 DTR Marauder. It has had all the Dennis, Zack/Mac majic done to it. In the past 2 years it has won 3rd then 2nd place in the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA.
I am a member of the Eastern Pantera Club. We co sponsor a track event at Pocono International Raceway yearly with various other Italian Car Clubs such as Lamborgini, Maserati, and Ferrari. Since my Pantera is in pieces I asked and was permitted to bring the Marauder to the track to run. As I stated in a post a while back I am not a drag racer. I use my car every day and in the snow so I opted for a centrifigul vs. roots type supercharger. I have not changed my rear end ratio. I do however like to run in track events.
Well I lined up to run with 19 other cars, all newer model Italian high performance exotic cars. We run NASCAR wise, counter clockwise. We used turn 1, turn 2, then an infield course that has a 270, three 90's, two 75 degree turns and a chicane, then we enter back onto the main staight with 2/3 of that straight available before turn 1.
Well boys and girls I have to tell you after 5 laps everyone in attendance was looking at this Canadian maufactured, Dearborn Sedan. It ate cars like it was at an Italian buffet. Not only did the Marauder hold it's own on the banked turns it passed most and stayed with the best of them in the infield. Comming out of the infield onto the main straight I devoured them. The available touque was awsome. I ran with the antilock brakes and overdrive off. Down the straight going into turn one, 135 mph+ easy. 130 mph+ into turn 2 and an average speed through the infield of 60+ mph.
The transmission mods worked great, that baby knew when to down shift upon hard braking. The supercharger spun up smoothly so the ass end never kicked out. Dennis's total package and the Zack/Mac control arms worked flawlessly.
After I came off the track nearly everone came over to see the car. Most of these folks told me they thought it was a joke putting the DTR on the track against these 6 figure cars. On day two I repeated the same results. No fluke.
A lot of exotic car owners have a new found respect for our "Family Sedans / Cop Cars". Needless to say I had a blast.
Sorry for the long story but I just had to brag a little. Enjoy your Marauders they are all special.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19385&highlight=pantera

bigbillybbs
06-29-2008, 08:35 AM
I like it, sharp LOOKING Car.. :cool4:

Leadfoot281
06-29-2008, 03:52 PM
I seen the two door version coming back from the Kentucky meet. Either version is absolutely stunning IMHO.

Italians seem to have a hard time building ugly cars. The rest of the world has difficulty making nice looking cars.

hot-rauder
06-29-2008, 06:14 PM
I seen the two door version coming back from the Kentucky meet. Either version is absolutely stunning IMHO.

Italians seem to have a hard time building ugly cars. The rest of the world has difficulty making nice looking cars.

not all Maserati's are good and beautiful

http://www.maserati.org.au/images/MaseratiPhotos/ROAD_Cars/425Biturbo/Biturbo_425_1986_BTC4.jpg

offroadkarter
06-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Ugly cars IMO, there's a dealer on Rt.1 that sells these along with other high ends like it. Wouldn't drive it.

their is a ferrari/maserati dealer on our end of Rt1 also :P

Along with aston martin, land rover, Mercedes Benz, Infiniti, Lexus, BMW, Jaguar, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, GMC, Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, Cadillac, Saab, and the used car lots.

Rt 1 is the place to go for new cars :D

hot-rauder
06-30-2008, 06:59 AM
their is a ferrari/maserati dealer on our end of Rt1 also :P

Along with aston martin, land rover, Mercedes Benz, Infiniti, Lexus, BMW, Jaguar, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, GMC, Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, Cadillac, Saab, and the used car lots.

Rt 1 is the place to go for new cars :D

even in MA Rte.1 is called the Automile around Norwwood and what not. Soo many dealerships and what not there

Leadfoot281
06-30-2008, 05:27 PM
not all Maserati's are good and beautiful

http://www.maserati.org.au/images/MaseratiPhotos/ROAD_Cars/425Biturbo/Biturbo_425_1986_BTC4.jpg

Nice point. I never actually called them 'good' cars though. Good looking, yes. In '85 the above pictured Biturbo wasn't ugly.

hot-rauder
06-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Nice point. I never actually called them 'good' cars though. Good looking, yes. In '85 the above pictured Biturbo wasn't ugly.

aha this one is an 86 which means ugly

Leadfoot281
06-30-2008, 11:48 PM
aha this one is an 86 which means ugly

Ok, ok, you're right and I'm wrong. (I never actually said it was an '86 though). I'm sure the '63 split window Vette was also hot in '85. That was my point. Where were you in 1985 (or '86) ?

Can we at least agree that Paris Hilton is hot? She is y'know.

hot-rauder
07-01-2008, 07:46 AM
Ok, ok, you're right and I'm wrong. (I never actually said it was an '86 though). I'm sure the '63 split window Vette was also hot in '85. That was my point. Where were you in 1985 (or '86) ?

Can we at least agree that Paris Hilton is hot? She is y'know.

i wasnt born yet.... and i never said that you called them good or said that it was an 86, that was me just talking. you are not wrong, but Paris hilton is not hot.

Jennifer Love Hewitt?

SC Cheesehead
07-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Charlie,

"2008 Masserati Quattroporte 4-door Executive GT...." tell me you ain't thinking about trading in the Blue for one of these??:confused:

SCCH

Bluerauder
07-01-2008, 02:07 PM
:laugh:

Charlie,

"2008 Masserati Quattroporte 4-door Executive GT...." tell me you ain't thinking about trading in the Blue for one of these??:confused:

SCCH
:laugh:
MSRP = $129,150

Yeah, right .......... :rofl:

But the wife did think that the Ice Blue Bentley Continental GT convertible at the Wasington Auto Show this year was nice looking. ;)