PDA

View Full Version : Garmin/Magellan Map Updates

sailsmen
06-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Has anyone used the Map Updates?

The charge is $60-$70.

My Garmin is 11/07 & Magellan 10/05.

Is it worth the money?

Magellan has Vantage Point which syncs the GPS Maps to your lap top. Anyone using it?

Aren Jay
06-29-2008, 01:07 AM
How did the map change? New roads and or blocked off roads? Maybe a new gas station.

Sounds like you may never notice the changes, until California disappears.

MENINBLK
06-29-2008, 01:10 AM

The charge is $60-$70.

Is it worth the money?

Magellan has Vantage Point which syncs the GPS Maps to your lap top. Anyone using it?

If you drive often and far, they are worth the updates.
I update my Garmin StreetPilot c320 every year
and I also do the software updates in-between...

1stMerc
06-29-2008, 06:17 AM
If you drive often and far, they are worth the updates.
I update my Garmin StreetPilot c320 every year
and I also do the software updates in-between...

+1 on the updates. Theres alot of road construction going on these days. It helps with the auto reroute.

Marauderman
06-29-2008, 08:28 AM

The charge is $60-$70.

Is it worth the money?

No--- I just update my 330 Garman as you referenced in your post ^^^^^ here and I don't think it was worth it---cause---a road near me here in town with pleanty of large buildings and businesses on it was STILL not on the updated version ---and the road has been there since '04-----go figure---so I would wait a bit longer .....unless you have an older version--mine was an
'06 and I thought the newer one--advertised as an '09(???) would be better--it was not---so wait if yours is like mine till a few more years are on it---my .02 --Tom

MENINBLK
06-29-2008, 04:35 PM
No--- I just update my 330 Garman as you referenced in your post ^^^^^ here and I don't think it was worth it---cause---a road near me here in town with pleanty of large buildings and businesses on it was STILL not on the updated version ---and the road has been there since '04-----go figure---so I would wait a bit longer .....unless you have an older version--mine was an
'06 and I thought the newer one--advertised as an '09(???) would be better--it was not---so wait if yours is like mine till a few more years are on it---my .02 --Tom

You know....
If you took just a little interest in your GPS maps and sent an email to the Garmin Cartographer,
you ***might*** just get a free updated map set like I did....

I wrote to the Cartographer just to correct the location of the addresses
on the street that my Mom lives on in North Carolina.
To show thier appreciation, they emailed me a coupon for a free update.