PDA

View Full Version : This Air Suspension Pump Is Aggravating Me!

fordman
06-29-2008, 12:49 PM
I have noticed a lot of posts about dead air suspension problems. So, as I read QWK SVT's problem, I went outside to check out my compressor just to see what it looks like. Dont get me wrong, mine is working fine as of right now, but as I take the CAI off to get a better look, mine is being eaten away just like his!!!! That F*****G Sucks!! After seeing what it would costs to replace all this equipment if it goes bad! And the worst part is, after washing the car and looking at it again, there is water sitting on the bottom of the plastic housing that the compressor sits in. My car has never been in an accident, so I cant blame faulty body work for this. This should be a recall. That is so aggravating to see. Just what I need is water sitting there after a wash or rain. Anyone done anything to stop the condensation from forming in there? Also, is it difficult to remove the pump to maybe clean it up a little bit? Thanks.

RUSTY
06-29-2008, 04:33 PM
On another site Rich Long located his in the trunk, great idea

MENINBLK
06-29-2008, 04:39 PM
And the worst part is, after washing the car and looking at it again, there is water sitting on the bottom of the plastic housing that the compressor sits in.

Why don't you poke a hole in the bottom of the plastic housing ???
Wouldn't that allow the water to drain away ? :dunno:

offroadkarter
06-29-2008, 05:48 PM

Thats what i was going to do

Bradley G
06-29-2008, 05:49 PM
The tray does have weep holes, They were somewhat plugged with grunge, when I took the compressor out.

fordman
06-29-2008, 07:55 PM
MENINBLK,

Your right. Instead of getting so aggravated, I should have thought of that. Probably to late now anyways. Shouldnt have to do this.

QWK SVT
06-30-2008, 07:10 AM
MENINBLK,

Your right. Instead of getting so aggravated, I should have thought of that. Probably to late now anyways. Shouldnt have to do this.

Trust me - I agree, completely:rolleyes: Luckily, we have a wealth of knowledge, here, to help. I will most likely be relocating mine, once up and running again...

O's Fan Rich
06-30-2008, 12:16 PM
On another site Rich Long located his in the trunk, great idea

Thanks for the plug, Rusty.

Here's a link:
http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1710&highlight=compressor

MM_BKK
06-30-2008, 12:34 PM
I have noticed a lot of posts about dead air suspension problems. So, as I read QWK SVT's problem, I went outside to check out my compressor just to see what it looks like. Dont get me wrong, mine is working fine as of right now, but as I take the CAI off to get a better look, mine is being eaten away just like his!!!! That F*****G Sucks!! After seeing what it would costs to replace all this equipment if it goes bad! And the worst part is, after washing the car and looking at it again, there is water sitting on the bottom of the plastic housing that the compressor sits in. My car has never been in an accident, so I cant blame faulty body work for this. This should be a recall. That is so aggravating to see. Just what I need is water sitting there after a wash or rain. Anyone done anything to stop the condensation from forming in there? Also, is it difficult to remove the pump to maybe clean it up a little bit? Thanks.

Wait until you have to replace either the engine or tranny like some of the members here have. Your head will explode! :eek:

fordman
07-02-2008, 02:17 PM
If my tranny or motor go, my MM will be for sale on this site! Friend has a 2005 Lincoln Town Car. Is the compressor in the trunk of those cars? Could have sworn I seen it in the trunk today on the upper drivers side of the trunk. I looked, pretty sure thats it. Did Ford finally used there heads on this?

Stranger in the Black Sedan
07-02-2008, 02:24 PM
If my tranny or motor go, my MM will be for sale on this site!

LOL I hear ya there. I already have 2 other rwd V8 cars, one junky but quite fast, that I have engines and trans' in and out all the time. The buck stops at the MM. Trans rebuild? Maybe. Engine? Oh god............