PDA

View Full Version : EATC module on 2002 Lincoln Continental

Breadfan
06-30-2008, 07:36 AM
My mom's Continental is having EATC issues, it's blowing only through defrost and not cold air.

The EATC is slightly different from the Marauder's, its not the exact one, it's the other variety that pops up in some Lincolns (Town Car has this one too I believe).

Anyway does anyone know is the EATC test procedure the same, and would one expect the O-ring fix to work as well?

To enter the self-test, press the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTOMATIC button within two seconds . The display will show a pulse tracer going around the center of the display window. The test may run as long as 30 seconds . Record all DTCs displayed.

Mike.

larryo340
06-30-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm almost certain that the test procedure is the same. Give it a try even if it's wrong you won't damage anything.
Just cycle ignition back to off to reset.

Breadfan
07-03-2008, 06:53 PM
I ran the self test, and at the end it just lit up all the options on the LED display. I take it this means there were no DTCs? Or is this not supposed to happen?

Anyway, her problem isn't where the air is going from - it changes from defrost, to vents, to floor with no issue.

The problem appears to be the blend door. Sometimes it will blow warm air, if you cycle all the way to hot, then back down to 60 and max-ac you can get cold air. Restart and it'll blow warm.

I do know blend door actuators are a common issue on these cars, I heard the service book calls for a 4hr replacement time by a trained tech.

Are there any other checks I should do before swapping the blend door actuator? I heard about doing pinout checks, anyone got more info on these?

Also anyone have the procedures to replace the blend door actuator on a 2002 Lincoln Continental maybe from the service book? Anyone know how much the dash needs to come apart?