PDA

View Full Version : What I don't understand, completely different than the other I don't know topic.

Aren Jay
07-01-2008, 05:28 PM
What I don't understand is why Famous people in LA, Hollywood Beverly Hills etc... don't live on big luxury boats. Take example one: Jessica Alba wanted to be a marine biologist before she became an actress. She loves the water and has tons of money. She just traded in her old house 2200 Squrtfoot for a new 4.1 million dollar 4400 squrtfoot house. She has no real backyard, a medium sized pool and lives on a street anyone can drive on. Yes there is a state of the art security system and no doubt a security service in the area, but no real security.

For 4.1 million dollars she could buy a used, not as old as her new house, but used, 100-120 foot Yatch. Similar interior size, including a pool or hottub and the worlds biggest swimming pool. (Pacific Ocean). She would be able to move to Vancouver, and dock there, when there.

Earthquakes, Fires, Floods, Paparrazzi, etc... are all things she is going to keep having to deal with living in her new place. With a boat, you still get Paparazzi, somewhat, but boats are mostly earthquake proof, Fires you move, floods are only there when you sink, and yatchs are made not to flood. Security is great, as swimmers can only get on in specific areas, and those who wish to stay dry, even less areas.

With a private dock and a garage for cars and stuff, you get the privacy you crave, the options to go places when you want and less worries.

I don't understand why people like living in huge expensive houses, when they could live on huge expensive boats, and they love the water.

Makes no sense.

3.4 Million buys you this: http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/boatFullDetails.jsp?boat_id=17 97007&ybw=&units=Feet&currency=CAD&access=Public&listing_id=8064&url

TiTo35
07-01-2008, 06:15 PM
I heard some boats have a 1000 gallon tank...

Plus as a "famous person" what if she was sailed out to sea and some1 called her for work...or do you want her to keep this 4.1 million dollar boat to be docked?

sd8683
07-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Every thread I read of yours makes me wonder if you ate paint chips as a kid, who cares where she lives, unless she lived at my house of course !! Then I would care very VERY much!!

ParkRanger
07-02-2008, 09:00 AM
What I don't understand is why Famous people in LA, Hollywood Beverly Hills etc... don't live on big luxury boats. Take example one: Jessica Alba wanted to be a marine biologist before she became an actress. She loves the water and has tons of money. She just traded in her old house 2200 Squrtfoot for a new 4.1 million dollar 4400 squrtfoot house. She has no real backyard, a medium sized pool and lives on a street anyone can drive on. Yes there is a state of the art security system and no doubt a security service in the area, but no real security.

For 4.1 million dollars she could buy a used, not as old as her new house, but used, 100-120 foot Yatch. Similar interior size, including a pool or hottub and the worlds biggest swimming pool. (Pacific Ocean). She would be able to move to Vancouver, and dock there, when there.

Earthquakes, Fires, Floods, Paparrazzi, etc... are all things she is going to keep having to deal with living in her new place. With a boat, you still get Paparazzi, somewhat, but boats are mostly earthquake proof, Fires you move, floods are only there when you sink, and yatchs are made not to flood. Security is great, as swimmers can only get on in specific areas, and those who wish to stay dry, even less areas.

With a private dock and a garage for cars and stuff, you get the privacy you crave, the options to go places when you want and less worries.

I don't understand why people like living in huge expensive houses, when they could live on huge expensive boats, and they love the water.

Makes no sense.

3.4 Million buys you this: http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/boatFullDetails.jsp?boat_id=17 97007&ybw=&units=Feet&currency=CAD&access=Public&listing_id=8064&url

Two reasons:
1. She gets seasick
2. She really does like all the attention

Pops
07-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Have you considered the cost of owning the boat? Nothing cheap about owning one and the bills keep on going. Real Estate also has a better chance of making money and boats go down in value like a car!