PDA

View Full Version : Is door lock replacement difficult?

Motorhead350
07-03-2008, 09:48 AM
As some of you know I lost my one and only key to the 65 Chevy. I ordered new locks, ignition and keys for a pretty low cost. I am having the truck worked on by someone else next week and I want to know if I can change the door lock easily. I can take off the door panel no problem, but I know sometimes you need special tools for special things. I have not changed a lock before and this is a lock that is in the door handle itself, I do not have to change the door handle to do this. Anyone have any experience or should I pay someome to do this... which I don't want to do.

KillJoy
07-03-2008, 09:50 AM
It seems, for your, that MANY things are difficult.

:dunno:

KillJoy

Motorhead350
07-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Will this be diffcult Steve? It's not like I am taking a History test.

Pops
07-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Take the door panel off and there should be a horseshoe shaped clip that holds the lock cylinder in. Should be a clip on the cylinder that slides off of the lock rod. I think you can do the doors your self with no problem Dom!

Motorhead350
07-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks John, but I just found the key today after being gone for over 3 months! The key still works in the door, but it took a few turns to get everything back to where it should be since my girlfriend and I tried to pick at it... and it still works. I'm off to the locksmith to make 5 keys! :o