PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to photobucket?

Leadfoot281
07-05-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm done with photobucket for good. Too many problems with it to be usefull to me anymore.

Rather than fix P-buckets issues I decided to just join another site.

I did a search and came back with about 46million hits. So I signed up with the first one, then the second one, and then a third one. I didn't like any of them.

Basically I'm looking for a free site that will allow me to;
1. Store 30-40 pictures.
2. Let's me post "clickable" thumbnails for message boards.

Any suggestions?

offroadkarter
07-05-2008, 10:09 PM
fotoki
flickr

check those 2 out

k-9Vic
07-05-2008, 11:22 PM
fotoki
flickr

check those 2 out

It is Fotki ( www.fotki.com ) and it is not free if you want the full service of image hosting and clickable links with unlimited storage. I have been using Fotki since 2001 and pay the yearly service fee, it is well worth the money and there are no annoying popus, advertising and all the other trash that Fliker and Photobucket has.

offroadkarter
07-05-2008, 11:27 PM
im fine with photobucket, i dont see whats so wrong with it, maybe im missing something?

been using it for a few years now.

larryo340
07-06-2008, 12:55 AM
I've been using Picasa by Google for a couple years now, and have no trouble with it. They give you 1GB of photo storage FREE.
https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?service=lh2&passive=true&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasawe b.google.com%2F

You can link thumbnails with it.

Leadfoot281
07-06-2008, 01:37 AM
im fine with photobucket, i dont see whats so wrong with it, maybe im missing something?

been using it for a few years now.

Go look at their forums. No one can log in. It's an absolute nightmare. I've tried everything they suggested but it's no use. They haven't even responded to my e-mails.

I'll try Picasa and see how that works. Thanks!

larryo340
07-06-2008, 05:17 AM
Go look at their forums. No one can log in. It's an absolute nightmare. I've tried everything they suggested but it's no use. They haven't even responded to my e-mails.

I'll try Picasa and see how that works. Thanks!

With all the free storage they give you, and how easy the site is to use you won't go back to photobucket.

n00bkiller944
07-06-2008, 09:51 AM
my vote goes to flickr

Aren Jay
07-08-2008, 10:12 AM
You realise anything that is posted on the web server is owned by the webserver, not by you.

Just like every post here is owned by the MM.net team, not me. My keen wisdom and insight I send to them to use for free, They look better because of my quick witt....

SMOKE
07-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Been throwing stuff up on shutterfly for a couple of years now...

I think I've pulled over a link to post a photo in a thread over here - but don't quote me on it...

Anyway - it's always been reliable to me and I haven't paid a red cent to use it so far...

-Jonathan

Leadfoot281
07-09-2008, 08:05 PM
You realise anything that is posted on the web server is owned by the webserver, not by you.

Just like every post here is owned by the MM.net team, not me. My keen wisdom and insight I send to them to use for free, They look better because of my quick witt....

ummm...ok. :confused:

If that's the case, I hereby grant permission to the owners of MM.net to sell my posts to the highest bidder.

Let the bidding begin! :D