PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going Back to High School

Bluerauder
07-06-2008, 04:53 AM
Yep, that's right ...... in October !!

Just got the "official" notice in the mail yesterday. Its my 40th ReUnion for the Class of '68. We always have a good turnout for these things. My MM was only 2 weeks old when I went to the 35th reunion. My how time flies.

Going to high school between '64 and '68 was a real experience ... the music, the cars, Vietnam on the news every night, the race to the moon and lots, lots more. It'll be great to see the old gang again. Most will look different. Some will not have changed much. But the actions, the attitudes, the pranks, and the memories will all be the same. I am looking forward to it.

Ms. Denmark
07-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Have a great time Charlie! I was all set to go to mine out in Santa Cruz, CA. in April, but once we got to California we decided to take my mom down to her vacation home on the Central Coast instead. One of my best friends from NY went and said " Most of the women still looked good". His overall impression was that it made him feel old! With that, I was just as happy to be at the beach.;)

TiTo35
07-06-2008, 07:00 AM
We suppose to have our 10 year reunion this year...

Blackmobile
07-06-2008, 09:10 AM
There is one question that keeps me from going to my class reunion, and that is:
"Nice to see you, we thought you were dead!"

Bluerauder
07-06-2008, 10:20 AM
There is one question that keeps me from going to my class reunion, and that is:
The correct answer to that question is .... "Not hardly." John Wayne as Jacob McCandles in "Big Jake" (1971)

Aren Jay
07-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Your old enough to be my Father, ooh scary.

(like father like son, drive the same kind of car....)

Funny thing is my Dad was old enough to be your Dad.

Blk Mamba
07-06-2008, 01:57 PM

Samuel Clemons,(Mark Twain) The report of my demise is an exaggeration.

Mike Poore
07-07-2008, 05:47 PM
When I went to my 40th, Norma Sandrege came. She was the best looking girl in our class. she had an unbelivable figure, was class validictorian, Head majorette, and as nice a person as you'd ever want to meet. Well guess what 40 years did to 'ol Norma.........nothing....she was fantastic!

Gave me a smooch and said I was always one of her favorites :cloud9:

sailsmen
07-07-2008, 08:44 PM
I made friends with the son of friends of my parents. He is from Brazil and went to school in N.O. 20 years ago.

I last saw him at his graduation.

Last month we meet for dinner and it was like I had last seen him the day before as though no time had passed.

Last summer I saw a lady I went to HS with while we were out of town. I told her it's hard to beleive it was 30 years ago that I had a crush on you.:) I liked her response.

Get there early, you will find as the evening goes on the time will pass too fast and it will be over sooner than you want it to.

Motorhead350
07-07-2008, 09:03 PM
When I go to mine in a few years and years after I will keep bringing back my Blazer, everyone knew I had it and I was known for it too. :)

Aren Jay
07-07-2008, 09:22 PM
I missed my 10 year anniversary by 2 days. I was in Tokyo at the time. Didn't find out till after when I got my mail, I was gone for a month. Then I misplaced the invite and never did get to contact anyone on the organisation committee

Motorhead350
07-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Hold on there will be more!

SC Cheesehead
07-08-2008, 06:47 AM

The correct answer to that question is .... "Not hardly." John Wayne as Jacob McCandles in "Big Jake" (1971)

Samuel Clemons,(Mark Twain) The report of my demise is an exaggeration.

Randy Hickey (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0839486/) (from "My Name is Earl"): Yeah I'm glad she's not dead no more. Being dead is definitely worse than being alive. When you're dead you can't do all the cool stuff you can do when you're alive. You and I, we can do all kinds of cool stuff cuz we're living, we're not dead, we're alive. If we were dead we wouldn't be able to do all the cool stuff we can do, becuz we're alive. Dead people can't do cool stuff. Only people that are alive can do cool stuff, cuz they're living, and you have to be living to be able to do cool stuff. You have to be alive. Yeah, 'cept when you're alive sometimes bad stuff happens too. Like sometimes you can get into a car wreck, or you can have a headache or twist your ankle or even stub your big toe... So being alive is kinda hard too, but I think it's definitely better than being dead....

SCCH

Aren Jay
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Hehe That is pretty cool, can't be cool if you're dead.