PDA

View Full Version : hybridisation

Aren Jay
07-07-2008, 08:51 PM
If I were to go a Hybrid plug in only kit on my Marauder, I worked it out, If I were to drive as I do now, just normal driving; At current prices, ($1.4 a Litre) $5.18 a US Gallon, I would have to drive for 5-7 years to break even and 8-10 years after paying for a second set of batteries to break even.

It looks like I don't drive enough at current levels to make my Marauder a Plug In Hybrid after all.

Unless prices double or more.

Breadfan
07-07-2008, 09:34 PM
As I stated in the hybrid Marauder post, hybrid technology is basically a failure thusfar, it's way to inneficient and expensive to the end user considering the cost of r and d and the amount of engineering in it. With all the costs and complexities the net MPG's should be much higher.

Bigdogjim
07-07-2008, 10:37 PM
If I were to go a Hybrid plug in only kit on my Marauder, I worked it out, If I were to drive as I do now, just normal driving; At current prices, ($1.4 a Litre) $5.18 a US Gallon, I would have to drive for 5-7 years to break even and 8-10 years after paying for a second set of batteries to break even.

It looks like I don't drive enough at current levels to make my Marauder a Plug In Hybrid after all.

Unless prices double or more.

Why would anyone even think of making a hybrid out of muscle car?:argue:

Aren Jay
07-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Why would anyone even think of making a hybrid out of muscle car?:argue:

Go tell that to Lexus.