PDA

View Full Version : Help me find my friend

Motorhead350
07-08-2008, 11:35 AM
I had a buddy go to jail back in high school and from what I heard it was for murder. It was just someone I went to high school with and one day he was gone and all I heard was he was in jail for murder, plus some of his better known friends said he was wondering about how I was doing with my truck, I should have asked where he was.

All I have go to by is his name and that he is probably about 2 years older than me and from Chicago. I can PM someone his name if they know how to find the guy. I just want to visit him, I'm sure he could use the company.

Anyone that can help please let me know.

fastblackmerc
07-08-2008, 12:07 PM
How do you some up with this *****?

Zack
07-08-2008, 12:13 PM

You are the only one who responds immaturely to Dominick, which makes you the most immature of all.

BruteForce
07-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Contact your state's department of corrections.

Eric-Blk2004
07-08-2008, 12:32 PM
I do find his posts commical - but then again it is Chicago and its highly possible he knows someone convicted of that crime. Chicago is the roughest city in America next to Iraq.

Zack
07-08-2008, 12:44 PM
I do find his posts commical - but then again it is Chicago and its highly possible he knows someone convicted of that crime. Chicago is the roughest city in America next to Iraq.

ah hem.....

I think you are mistaking DETROIT with Chi-town :duel::run:

O's Fan Rich
07-08-2008, 12:48 PM
I guy I knew from school might be out in another 15 years to life
killed a guy over some girl when he was 25... been in prison 20 years now.
Know where he is, know how to talk to him, just don't want to.

freakstatus
07-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I think we've all known kids in our youth that have gotten into that kind of trouble. I had a friend in high school who got in a fight with another kid and killed him with a punch to the head. Turns out the kid already had an aneurysm. He was charged with manslaughter. Happened right outside my parents house.

(Ian...in Bakerview park..was your Mom living there in 1988?)

KillJoy
07-08-2008, 01:22 PM
If he was really a Friend that you wanted to talk to, or keep in touch with, you would know where to find them.

KillJoy

Motorhead350
07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
When I first heard what happened to him I didn't believe it until I heard it from many people at different times. He was just someone I knew from school and I never got his number or anything and believe me he was willing to do whatever I needed, we were on a good level.

Once he caught my dad going into my Blazer just to put something in it and not only did he ask if he was my dad he pretty much gave him premission to go in the truck. He was a tough guy not to be messed with and probably one of the few I actually got along with in high school.

I'm sure he'd like a visit.

Motorhead350
07-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I found him! Anyone know anything about visiting? Do I have to call first or can I just show up. Looks like he will be in there for another 31 years...

a_d_a_m
07-08-2008, 02:23 PM
call the correctional facility and find out when their visiting hours are. i'm sure they have a set time when you are allowed to visit.

Motorhead350
07-08-2008, 02:26 PM
I have to get on the list and call before 4pm tomorrow. The only problem is I don't know how to start the conversation... I cannot say "How have you been?" I'll have to think about this.

nomad
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I have to get on the list and call before 4pm tomorrow. The only problem is I don't know how to start the conversation... I cannot say "How have you been?" I'll have to think about this.

Start it with:
So, what's new?
How's your love life?
Doing any traveling?
Anyone "special" in your life?
How's the food?
You need anything? ie, a parole, soap on a rope, a file?
Doing anything special, or just killing time?
:beer:

Eric-Blk2004
07-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Talk about awakward conversations - why visit just write him. I am sure he wants no one to see his guilt, shame, regret. Plus letters are more thoughtful then a visit.

OO91
07-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Take a little money for his commissary account. As little as 5 or 10 bucks goes a long way on the inside.

J D
07-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Start it with:
So, what's new?
How's your love life?
Doing any traveling?
Anyone "special" in your life?
How's the food?
You need anything? ie, a parole, soap on a rope, a file?
Doing anything special, or just killing time?
:beer:

:rofl: The last three are a count down to the funniest :rofl:

Aren Jay
07-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Take gum and cigarettes.

You might have to buy it there.

Don't drive around the prison before going in.

Follow the signs, don't break any rules, don't take any drugs with you.

Ask how to give him something when you get there.

Call first ask them for instructions.

da'law
07-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Dom,

Go to the Ill dept of corrections website http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsections/search/default.asp

Once you find which faclity he at click on ther link and the should give visiting hours and what you might be allow to bring.

If you run into any more questions sent me a P.M. and I will try and get them answered.

Hope this helps.

I found him! Anyone know anything about visiting? Do I have to call first or can I just show up. Looks like he will be in there for another 31 years...

Haggis
07-09-2008, 04:17 AM
Ask him what size 'butt plug' will fit now?

MM03MOK
07-09-2008, 05:22 AM
Here are the visitor rules.

http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsections/visitationrules/

"ALL VISITORS, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS, MUST BE ON THE INMATE'S APPROVED VISITING LIST IN ORDER TO VISIT. PROSPECTIVE VISITORS SHOULD CONTACT THE INMATE TO HAVE THEM PLACED ON THE VISITING LIST."

Which means your "friend" needs to add you to his visitor list and you have to be approved by the administration. You can't just show up.

ckadiddle
07-09-2008, 06:20 AM
Here are the visitor rules.

http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsections/visitationrules/

"ALL VISITORS, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS, MUST BE ON THE INMATE'S APPROVED VISITING LIST IN ORDER TO VISIT. PROSPECTIVE VISITORS SHOULD CONTACT THE INMATE TO HAVE THEM PLACED ON THE VISITING LIST."

Which means your "friend" needs to add you to his visitor list and you have to be approved by the administration. You can't just show up.

That's what I was thinking. Write to him first and ask him to put you on his approved visitor list if he would like you to visit.

my_rodder
07-09-2008, 01:08 PM
It could take a while to get on his list. I'm sure they do backround checks and a bunch of other stuff. Write to him first while you wait to be put on the list, then it wont be so weird when you visit.

lucenti
07-09-2008, 01:38 PM
I think General Tony McAliffe summed it up pretty much in WW11, when out-numbered by the oppossing army, and was told to surrender.

:gunfire:

Leadfoot281
07-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I've got mixed feelings on this one.

Did the person this guy kill actually need killing?

If so, then bring him some stuff. If not, I wouldn't waste a second on him.

Aren Jay
07-09-2008, 08:06 PM
ahh delete this post.

kj31067
07-09-2008, 08:09 PM

this kid needs some serious couch time with a pro or at the very least a full time job to occupy his time.......:rolleyes:

Motorhead350
07-09-2008, 10:19 PM
I called and I am not on the list, but there is room for one more. I left a message for someone who can contact him and will call back tomorrow too.

Now why he is there, I have only head 2nd and possibly 3rd hand information, but in the end is was just about money... from what I heard. He was a very quit guy, but I guess if you came across him the wrong way... well, we know where he is now.

He had a ton of cars for his age, like 5 I think at the age of 17. I knew he was doing some bad stuff, but we were always cool. One time he asked me if I wanted to buy pot, I said I didn't do the stuff (still never tried it, nor will I) and he never asked me again, most would keep pushing people to give it a try if they were selling, but he respected my wishes and looked out for me.
Never came acorss anyone like that ever again, but then again, I'm not attending school on the south side of Chicago anymore.

I think a visit would be great, but a letter would probably help too. I'll see what happens.