PDA

View Full Version : FCC slaps Comcast!!(sorry Bunny)

MERCMAN
07-11-2008, 05:38 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080711/ap_on_hi_te/internet_regulation

MM03MOK
07-11-2008, 08:45 AM
There are always two sides to a story:

Comcast's spokeswoman, Sena Fitzmaurice, issued a statement saying the company does not block any content or application on its network.

"The carefully limited measures that Comcast takes to manage traffic on its broadband network are a reasonable part of Comcast's strategy to ensure a high-quality, reliable Internet experience for all Comcast High-Speed Internet customers and are used by many other ISPs around the world," Fitzmaurice said.

"Comcast's customer service agreements and policies have always informed Comcast customers that broadband capacity is not unlimited, and that the network is managed for the benefit of all customers," Fitzmaurice said in her statement.

Bluerauder
07-11-2008, 10:02 AM
No matter how this turns out .... I see a rate increase coming. :rolleyes:

MM03MOK
07-11-2008, 10:19 AM
No matter how this turns out .... I see a rate increase coming. :rolleyes:
Prices for Internet service have not increased in years but speeds have have more that tripled. Remember the 1.5/256k days?

Aren Jay
07-11-2008, 10:41 AM
A similar thing is happening in Canada with google and some other companies sueing ISP for limiting bandwidth.

On the other hand it looks like everyone is sueing Google.

Bluerauder
07-12-2008, 06:05 AM
Prices for Internet service have not increased in years but speeds have have more that tripled. Remember the 1.5/256k days?
This morning my ComCast e-mail IN BOX was completely emptied. They were not downloaded. They were not moved to another folder and they were not deleted because of the "new" 45-day old rule recently implemented by ComCast. I don't recall getting any notice from ComCast on this new implementation. Even the e-mails from yesterday have vanished. I am not happy with ComCast.

My son has been waiting 3 weeks for Comcast service in his new house. He is not happy with Comcast either.

MERCMAN
07-12-2008, 06:12 AM
Just filled out a JD Powers survey about my cable/isp provider,, I wasn't kind .. Too bad the whole company can't have all Mary and Bobs woking for them :up:

MM03MOK
07-12-2008, 06:54 AM
This morning my ComCast e-mail IN BOX was completely emptied. They were not downloaded. They were not moved to another folder and they were not deleted because of the "new" 45-day old rule recently implemented by ComCast. I don't recall getting any notice from ComCast on this new implementation. Even the e-mails from yesterday have vanished. I am not happy with ComCast.

My son has been waiting 3 weeks for Comcast service in his new house. He is not happy with Comcast either.
Charlie - please call 1.800.COMCAST about your email issue. What are you using for your email program? Outlook Express? Give Comcast the chance to help and hopefully correct the problem.

Also, feel free to give me your son's info and I'd be glad to look into it for him.

Mike Poore
07-12-2008, 08:28 AM
I thought my issues were with Comcast as well, and feel there's a conflict with the interface between Comcast and Verizon user/provider(s). (dunno where to point the (middle) finger, here) We were going nuts, trying to get emails to our family in Ohio, until someone suggested switching to Firefox....Foxfire, ....whatever, and saying good by to our hopelessly corrupted Outlook/Outlook Express. I've heard there are embedded issues with IE as well, but am still using it successfully, finding Firefox....Foxfire ....whatever, somewhat cumbersome to use as my browser, or my needing to retrain. (some of us older citizens tend to resist change, sometimes :rolleyes:)

nhinterceptor
07-14-2008, 06:45 PM
The mail client by Mozilla is "Thunderbird", Firefox is the browser. I like T-bird for it allows me to view many mail accounts on one screen, no hassles of changing ID (Outlook & Express). I have to monitor webmaster accounts for all my customers and it's very useful for that purpose. T-bird is a free download at the Mozilla web site.

-Dan

Motorhead350
07-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Good thing I don't have cable... oh wait, I am brought to you by ComCast! :D

justbob
07-14-2008, 08:27 PM
I had comcast cable, phone, & internet for 3 days. Back to dish network and at&t for me. At least their equipment does't break down 5 times in three days. And comcast's service could use some adjustment.

Agent M79
07-15-2008, 06:44 AM
I'll chime in here and say that Mary has helped me on more than one occasion with issues experienced with Comcast.

Once those issues were resolved, I have very stable cable tv and Internet service.

SC Cheesehead
07-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I'll chime in here and say that Mary has helped me on more than one occasion with issues experienced with Comcast.

Once those issues were resolved, I have very stable cable tv and Internet service.
:hijack:Yeah, I know, but I just had to throw in a shout out to AgentM79, thought that rascal had gone underground, permanent, it's been a while since we've heard anything from him.:Offtopic:

MERCMAN
08-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Its official!!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/biztech/08/01/fcc.comcast.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest