PDA

View Full Version : Culture Shock!

Motorhead350
07-15-2008, 01:02 AM
I was watching a documentry on The Beach Boys tonight and something just occured to me. I remember being about five years old listening to Do It Again by The Beach Boys and that song was from 1967 or so. That song was only about 22 or 23 years old and it was on the oldies station Oldies 104.3 and now it makes since why bands I hate like Boston are now on the oldies station... their that old or older now! It seems just like yesterday I was taking a hot bath in the 9th floor in Chicago listening to The Beach Boys or the sound of Duane Eddie's guitar ecoing off the bathroom walls... now it's 18 years later. Wow what a flash and a half.

Wow simply wow, where does the time go? :depress:

Marauderjack
07-15-2008, 03:53 AM
Wait until you get 4 or 5 decades behind you......you'll need to wear goggles to keep the "winds of time" from tearing your eyes out!!!:eek:

Don't ask me how I know!!!:shake:

Marauderjack:burnout:

rayjay
07-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Wait until you get 4 or 5 decades behind you......you'll need to wear goggles to keep the "winds of time" from tearing your eyes out!!!:eek:

Don't ask me how I know!!!:shake:

Marauderjack:burnout:

A more true statement can not be made. :burnout:

sd8683
07-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Here in Boston they play R.E.M and the black crows on the classic rock stations

Haggis
07-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Here in Boston they play R.E.M and the black crows on the classic rock stations

Ha, I got you beat. They are calling 'Eddie Brickell and the New Bohemians' Classic Rock on an area radio station now. :puke:

Aren Jay
07-15-2008, 03:35 PM
I still look back to the cars of my time in College. The super expensive super fast super amazing cars that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole because they are cheap, slow, crap.

Except the 1990 Rolls Royce Silver Spur, Bentley, Lagonda, Jaguar etc...

Now I can afford these and they are still just as great as when they cost $350,000.

justbob
07-15-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm having trouble remembering last week!

J D
07-15-2008, 05:13 PM
I hear ya, lots of songs I grew up with are now oldies and other genres of aged distinction.

And by the way I'm pretty sure that you mean future shock and not culture shock.