PDA

View Full Version : Check this out. Hankies may be needed

Mike Poore
07-17-2008, 08:08 AM
These are the men who grew up in a depression, went to Europe, and Asia, nothing more than boys, really, to save the world from terrible dictators then came home to build the nation and prosperity we all take for granted. Every thing we have, our freedom, our liberty, and yes our Marauders; we owe to them.

God bless them, and God bless our republic.

Please accept my apology for not providing the link. :o

Here it is: http://www.grayeagles.org/video.htm

SID210SA
07-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Who are....was there supposed to be a link associated with this?

Mike Poore
07-17-2008, 10:55 AM
The Link: http://www.grayeagles.org/video.htm

Sorry :o

03blackvegas
07-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Nice video, thanks.

Jolly Roger
07-17-2008, 07:54 PM
(With wet eyes) Excellent.

Windsor58
07-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks for posting. Excellent video. The air to air shots are some of the best I've ever seen. Loved it.

cruzer
07-17-2008, 09:30 PM
I missed the gathering--had heart surgery, but I would give anything to have been there. I enjoyed every minute of my 400+ hours behind that great sounding Merlin engine. I'm a Johnny-come-lately. I got my Mustang time with the Kentucky Air National Guard in '54-'56. No combat time--all based out of Standiford Field in Louisville, KY--256th Fighter Interceptor Squadron. There is no way to describe the feeling you get when you shove the throttle forward on that bird--you have a tiger by the tail--and you don't want to let go. I personally know about 15 of the pilots who attended and have seen many of the Musrtangs at air shows all over the country. To see a picture with all those beautiful birds sitting on one ramp sends shivers up my spine. I made my last flight in a Mustang in about 1984--as a passenger. My dream is to go to Kissimee , FL ,where they have one of two remaining two-seated trainers in the world, climb in the front seat and go for broke. And I do mean broke--we are talking about $ 4000+ for the priviledge--gotta hit it rich in the stock market---quickly.
Thanks again for bringing this video to my attention--you have brought back some VERY special memories. God Bless, Maury

JamesHecker
07-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Awesome!

Thanks for sharing.

Local Boy
07-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Very Cool...

Thanks...

ALOHA

Mike Poore
07-18-2008, 03:25 AM
... I got my Mustang time with the Kentucky Air National Guard in '54-'56. No combat time--all based out of Standiford Field in Louisville, KY--256th Fighter Interceptor Squadron. God Bless, Maury

I knew you had seat time in war birds, just didn't know you got to drive P-51's. Who would guess that taking joy rides in superbirds would lead you where it did. Life's a funny game, full of amazing opportunities and choices offered ......you chose well, my friend.

God has blessed you.

PS: watch for the mailman. :D

CRUZTAKER
07-18-2008, 04:37 AM
Good stuff...

Makes me miss my dad a bit. :(

rayjay
07-18-2008, 04:38 AM
Thanks Mike, I'll never forget the sacrafice my father's generation made for us. :flag:

sweetair
07-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Nice video. Those are some special aircraft and special people who flew them.

Taemian
07-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Wonderful post.

http://www.flyingheritage.com/

Here's another link to check for those on the West coast. They actually fly 2 or 3 of these planes every other week, I can't wait to go see this!!!!