PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL Dark Knight thread

FormulaMarauder
07-18-2008, 09:02 AM
NO SPOILER, safe to read............

.. Yup... Saw it last night (this morning) at midnight. What's good about it was that it was all the die hards, so nobody was making a peep thoughout the whole movie. Not a single beep or ring, sneeze or cough. Just silence. The whole movie was 2 hours 32 minutes long. With previews it almost scratched three hours.

The Joker character was portrayed the way it was supposed to be. Demented, evil, brutal, funny, twisted, and ruthless. A knife throwing maniac that kills his own men for sport, or when he's done with them. Don't get me wrong, Jack Nicholson was awesome in the original, but let's be honest, he was too old, too big, and not an ounce of athleticism.

The cast was all star as we all know, and its safe to say that this will probably be one of the grandest box office hits EVER.

The movie was amazing, almost no special effects. Everything you saw was stunts, pyrotechics, and no CGI. (except Batty flying through the air.)

Maggie Gylenhaal was a 10x better cast than Holmes, and it shows.

The movie never ends, twists, surprises, tension, suspense, and loaded with action. Ledger makes the movie, plain and simple. Although the storyline fluff is necessary and not too draining, you always seem to anticipate when Leger will pop back on the screen.

Awesome, badass. I'll watch it again.

BTW, there is a shocking part of it where someone dies. No spoiler here, I woun't ruin it for you.

sd8683
07-18-2008, 09:29 AM
I did not read this thread.

Before I read it, is there anything in the thread that's gonna spoil the movie for me??

I plan on seeing it

Pops
07-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Dont be afraid of the Dark!

TiTo35
07-18-2008, 09:45 AM
I did not read this thread.

Before I read it, is there anything in the thread that's gonna spoil the movie for me??

I plan on seeing it

Naw not really...he did a good job as a critic...:)

TAKEDOWN
07-18-2008, 09:14 PM
In my opinion most movies a second time around suck, but the Dark Knight series just seems to get better and can't wait to see what happens next, many more villains to go! Plus the Gotham/Chicago scenery was outstanding!

justbob
07-18-2008, 09:22 PM
They closed off my brother in laws back courtyard in the cold coast area for filming. Not only did he get to watch but recieved a new deck along with about 25 others.

ctrlraven
07-18-2008, 10:28 PM
It already set a new movie record with just the 12:01am showing across 3,043 theaters it pulled in $18.5 Million and that's not including 3am and 6am showings that some theaters were doing also Thursday night/Friday morning. Movie cost $185 million to make, it's going to make well more than that.

Can't wait to see it.

Hacklemerc
07-19-2008, 11:19 AM
I saw it last night at 6pm. Theatre was packed and as was said before, not a peep or noise from anyone. THat was an awesome movie. Ledger really brought the joker to life and made him scary/funny as all get out. Love the magic trick that makes the pencil disappear...

ctrlraven
07-19-2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-movies/20080718/Box.Office.Dark.Knight/

LOS ANGELES — Batman's joust with the Joker has set another box office record.
Stoked by fan fever over the manic performance of the late Heath Ledger as the Joker, "The Dark Knight" set a one-day box office record with $66.4 million on opening day, Warner Bros. head of distribution Dan Fellman said Saturday.
The movie's Friday haul surpassed the previous record of $59.8 million set last year by "Spider-Man 3." "The Dark Knight" might break the opening-weekend record of $151.1 million, also held by "Spider-Man 3."
"I think they're in jeopardy," Fellman said of the "Spider-Man 3" records.
"The Dark Knight" began with a record $18.5 million from midnight screenings, topping the previous high of $16.9 million for "Star Wars: Episode III — The Revenge of the Sith."
The opening day grosses for "The Dark Knight" far exceeded the full weekend haul of its predecessor, "Batman Begins," which took in $48.7 million in its first three days in 2005.

justbob
07-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Saw it tonight +1

Motorhead350
07-20-2008, 12:11 AM
I loved The Joker... these days I seem to be rooting for the bad guys. Guess who I'm going to be for Halloween?

Embassy
07-20-2008, 01:42 AM
Saw it tonight, and what an outstanding movie with an outstanding cast.

As others hinted, Ledger does steal the show.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/

MarauderVOL
07-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Saw it last night. What an awesome movie.

sailsmen
07-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Good movie. Lots of special effects.

What I don't like is movies where children are "victims" of violence. I don't think they have any say in the part and I don't think it adds to the movie other than shock value which children should not be used for.

Unfortunately the theater had a problemw/ the sound track.

ctrlraven
07-20-2008, 09:31 PM
As always I couldn't wait to watch it so I found it online, really great version of it. Can't wait to see it on the big screen now.