PDA

View Full Version : LH, RH, Drivers Side, Passenger Side...

Breadfan
07-18-2008, 02:45 PM
For some reason, I ALWAYS have trouble remembering this. Is there some way to remember, or atleast can someone set me straight so I can freakin' write it down or something!

I hear parts referred to as LH or RH, and Drivers side, passenger side. Like say, a ball joint, front LH...

For some reason I almost ALWAYS forget how LH and RH go...for instance, LH from the drivers seat looking out the windsheild is the drivers side. But, if you look at the car from the front, LH is the passenger side.

:beatnik:

If I'm correct it goes like this:

LH = drivers side
RH = passenger side

Can someone please confirm this is correct and although I've looked it up so many times in my life why o' why can I not remember such a simple thing?

MM2004
07-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Mike,

I always go by what you stated above.

LH = Driver's side
RH = Passenger

Mike.

Aren Jay
07-18-2008, 03:19 PM
sit in a seat, face forwards, lh is your left hand side. You will only be confused if you have two left hands.

sicilianmarquis
07-18-2008, 03:39 PM
its how it is as if you were sitting in the car

justbob
07-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Always from sitting in the car looking out the windshield for all parts

gmtech
07-18-2008, 04:38 PM
its how it is as if you were sitting in the car
exactly:D..always from inside the car...LH Head(driver)..RH Head(pass)...Oxygen Sensor Placement,Bank 1(driver)..Bank 2(pass)

Leadfoot281
07-18-2008, 05:18 PM
As my boss told me at the salvage yard; "The customer is always right and so is the passenger".

Since then I've never had trouble remembering it.

Breadfan
07-18-2008, 06:14 PM
As my boss told me at the salvage yard; "The customer is always right and so is the passenger".

Since then I've never had trouble remembering it.

Thanks, sayings like that will keep it in my head for years to come! :)

You'd be surprised how many times I whisper "righty tighty" when tightening bolts.......

whd507
07-20-2008, 08:11 AM
bank 1 and bank 2 refer to the placement of the #1 spark plug (bank 1) engines with #1 on the RH side would have bank 2 on the drivers side. transverse engines can have bank 1 on the front or back depending on placement of #1 plug.

you are not alone, many, many people have the same issue, we explain it everyday.
thats not so bad, what irritation is explaining core charges 1000 times a day. whay is that so hard to understand?

GODFATHER
07-20-2008, 08:15 AM
is your car LH drive or RH drive...the side the steering wheel is on looking out the windshield..i would guess
for most parts

J D
07-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks, sayings like that will keep it in my head for years to come! :)

You'd be surprised how many times I whisper "righty tighty" when tightening bolts.......

and lefty loosey!

finster101
07-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Oxygen Sensor Placement,Bank 1(driver)..Bank 2(pass)[/quote]

Your assuming it's a ford. :rolleyes: