PDA

View Full Version : Just thought I'd say hello:

BillyGman
07-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Been awhile since I hung out here, and I dropped in today and found some PM's that people sent to me over the past couple months. Thanks guys. Unfortunately I no longer own a Marauder, but I do miss it, and I also miss talking with a number of you here. I have another money pit right now that I cannot even believe that I've sunk more dollars into than I did into the Marauder that I had. Anyway, some of that car's details are in my post sig in Blue. :)

I haven't talked Marauders too much in awhile....do any of you guys still meet up with the Impala SS boys once a year to race them? I see that Glenn is on the Chevelle board once in awhile talking about his big block engine that he's installing in his Imapala. ;)

Mike Poore
07-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Hey Billy, nice to hear from you.

We're still shooting and traveling to Ohio to see the kids. Hopefully the Money Pit AKA Chevelle will soon be terrorizing the locals. Keep us posted on your adventures with the beast. :)

BillyGman
07-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Hey Billy, nice to hear from you.

We're still shooting and traveling to Ohio to see the kids. Hopefully the Money Pit AKA Chevelle will soon be terrorizing the locals. Keep us posted on your adventures with the beast. :) Hi Mike....now don't get me going on the shooting sports...I might not stop if I do. :D

I hope to get this car on the road this year, but it's been a long road. Been working on it for 2 1/2 years now. I have it running, but I need to complete several big projects on it yet,(including the wiring harness which I hate to even think of, and a Hydroboost set-up for the 4 wheel disc brakes among other things) and I was set back a couple months ago cuz I got into a real bad car accident with the 2001 Crown Vic I was driving.

Both cars were totalled out, and this 86 year old guy who blew a stop sign and pulled out in front of me from a side street died in the wreck!
Anyway, it left me with a nagging chest injury that made it impossible for me to go to work, or work on my car for over a month. Could've been a lot worse though. Hows your Marauder doing? How many miles have you tached up on it now? I'll keep ya updated on my car. BTW, I bought it as a roller from a guy in PA. This guy had a whole back yard full of old muscle cars! Ranging from rusted out heaps, to blower equipped 8 second cars.

Leadfoot281
07-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Cool! Welcome back! Still got your 50 cal?

To help celebrate the 4th of July I bought myself a Kimber M1911. :D

You're still welcome to stop on by and do some 'plinking' anytime. Unfortunately I just sold my old '89 CVPI so we'll need to round up another suitable target.

Sorry to hear about the car wreck.

BillyGman
07-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Cool! Welcome back! Still got your 50 cal?

To help celebrate the 4th of July I bought myself a Kimber M1911. :D

You're still welcome to stop on by and do some 'plinking' anytime. Unfortunately I just sold my old '89 CVPI so we'll need to round up another suitable target.

Sorry to hear about the car wreck. Yep, still have the 50 cal rifle. Times would have to be pretty bad for me to let that go. The bad thing though is that the local public 200 yard range that I used to go to to shoot it at, has closed down a couple months ago by their own free will, only because an irresponsible 50 cal owner shot three rounds up in the sky, and all three rounds allegedly landed on a guys house!

So in fear of a lawsuit, the owner of the range shut it down atleast for the time being. Some guys just ruin it for everyone else. :mad: It's a good thing nobody was hurt. Why the idiot did that with his rifle is beyond me. The place has a real good back stop, and as long as nobody deliberately aims the muzzle straight up into the sky like that moron did, there's no way any stray rounds will reach any homes since they will be going straight into the earth of the giant hill that's there. So I hope that it opens up again in the future.

Too bad you let your CV go. It coulda been put to good use. :D BTW, congrats on the Kimber purchase. I've read some good things about them. And thanks for the open invite.

jdando
07-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Hey Billy!

Great to see you post. Sounds like your life has been busy.

Take care,
jeremy

BillyGman
07-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey Billy!

Great to see you post. Sounds like your life has been busy.

Take care,
jeremy Thanks Jeremy....yeah, I've been busier than I want to be quite frankly....that rocketship Marauder of yours is lookin good in that post sig pic...Makes me jealous!!! How many miles now?

MarauderTJA
07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi Billy, great to see you here again. Still the same old same old around here with drag racing etc. A lot of the older battles have gone well into the sunset and much more civil with SC's.. Have got my car where I want it, still love it and will not get rid of her. Still having a lot of fun with her but all through with the mods. Actually I miss some of the old days around here we use to have. Next time I come through CT I'll try and catch up with you. Drove through a couple of weeks ago coming from the Cape and thought about you and your Marauder. Keep in touch.:beer: TOM

merc
07-20-2008, 06:12 PM
BillyGman the original burnout King. Welcome back to your old stomping grounds brother. You should fly down to SSH8 in November and have the time of your life. :banana2:

Joe Walsh
07-20-2008, 06:23 PM
HEY!

Welcome back Billy!

I own a piece of your burnout legacy...When Zack sold your Marauder, he took off the widened rims with the semi-worn Nitto P305 555Rs and I ended up buying them!

I've got them mounted on my Marauder right now.

(When they are worn out and I am ready to replace them I will have to do a tribute burnout for you....
although I'm sure that it will pale in comparison to your famous MONSTER BURNOUTS!...:burnout:)

Stop in more often!
Joe

BillyGman
07-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Hi Billy, great to see you here again. Still the same old same old around here with drag racing etc. A lot of the older battles have gone well into the sunset and much more civil with SC's.. Have got my car where I want it, still love it and will not get rid of her. Still having a lot of fun with her but all through with the mods. Actually I miss some of the old days around here we use to have. Next time I come through CT I'll try and catch up with you. Drove through a couple of weeks ago coming from the Cape and thought about you and your Marauder. Keep in touch.:beer: TOM Gee Tom, you sure have that Marauder flyin, uh? I'm glad to hear that brutha....I'm sorry I missed you when you were in CT...let me know when you come through again, and we will hook-up.....BTW, what kinda gears are you running in the rear? And has your 8.8 rear held up to the power?

BillyGman the original burnout King. Welcome back to your old stomping grounds brother. You should fly down to SSH8 in November and have the time of your life. :banana2:I would really like to bring the Chevelle, and kick some butt....we will see...either way, it's gonna depend on the finances.....this car project has been killin me, and getting into the car wreck and being outta work cuz of the injuries really set me back too.....

HEY!

Welcome back Billy!

I own a piece of your burnout legacy...When Zack sold your Marauder, he took off the widened rims with the semi-worn Nitto P305 555Rs and I ended up buying them!

I've got them mounted on my Marauder right now.

(When they are worn out and I am ready to replace them I will have to do a tribute burnout for you....
although I'm sure that it will pale in comparison to your famous MONSTER BURNOUTS!...:burnout:)

Stop in more often!
JoeLOL...that's funny Joe.....I gotta tell ya, those wheels and tires are used to spinning alot, so you cannot disappoint them now...:D

Drewstang
07-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Your old car is still running strong. I just took it out yesterday and Auto Crossed in Solo II SCCA. It did pretty good, but those widened rims would have helped. :D I haven't changed anything on the car other than basic stuff like cleaning the K&N and Denso plugs.

Bigdogjim
07-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Good to hear from you Billy.

Hope Your well.

Stop in anythime.

BillyGman
07-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Your old car is still running strong. I just took it out yesterday and Auto Crossed in Solo II SCCA. It did pretty good, but those widened rims would have helped. :D I haven't changed anything on the car other than basic stuff like cleaning the K&N and Denso plugs. It's good to hear that someone is still enjoying that car. The K&N filter is an addition.....I had the stock filter, and I'm quite sure that the K&N element would've put the car into the 11 second brackets on the dragstrip since I was running a lot of 12.0 ET's.

In fact, my best ET with it was a 12.007 @ 114 MPH on pump gas and the drag radials. So you can't come much closer than that to the 11's. The reason that I never installed a K&N despite the better performance that I knew that it would've given, is that with the stock filter, and that "J" shaped thing that the Marauders come with, it muffled out a good portion of the supercharger whine, and I always wanted the car as stealth as possible. And the guys who have the Trilogy/Eaton superchargers on their Marauders who removed that J-piece, and went with a K &N filter, seemed to have more of the supercharger whine. So I looked at it as a trade-off.

I wish you the best with that car. I sure do miss it. :mad:

Jim, thanks for the welcome mat my friend.

RF Overlord
07-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Billy, it's good to see you again, my old friend...

You still at Sikorsky?

BillyGman
07-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Billy, it's good to see you again, my old friend...

You still at Sikorsky?Wow! This so cool.....This is like one big internet reunion. ;) Yep, I'm still at the big S. It's helping to fund the car project, and paying the bills.....

I see that you have a second Marauder? I don't remember you having two of them. Is my memmory failing me, or was that a purchase you've made in the past year or so? And how's that hotrod Blackbird doing? Have you even broken through the 10,000 mile barrier with it yet? :D

MarauderTJA
07-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Gee Tom, you sure have that Marauder flyin, uh? I'm glad to hear that brutha....I'm sorry I missed you when you were in CT...let me know when you come through again, and we will hook-up.....BTW, what kinda gears are you running in the rear? And has your 8.8 rear held up to the power?

Billy, I still have 4.10's with a Detroit TrueTrac rear, 31 spline axles, stud girdle, DynoTec drive shaft with a built BC Automotive tranny. She has been holding fine. ANd hopefully it will remain that way.:D I'll give you a shout next time I come through your way. Would love to see your Chevelle.

BillyGman
07-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Billy, I still have 4.10's with a Detroit TrueTrac rear, 31 spline axles, stud girdle, DynoTec drive shaft with a built BC Automotive tranny. She has been holding fine. ANd hopefully it will remain that way.:D I'll give you a shout next time I come through your way. Would love to see your Chevelle.Ok Tom....sounds good.

sailsmen
07-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Plus a full interior, a full size driver and drives on the street ;) .

MarauderTJA
07-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Plus a full interior, a full size driver and drives on the street ;) .

Hey Billy, now thats "professional.":lol:

BillyGman
07-21-2008, 06:14 PM
I must have missed something. :dunno: You must be a big guy..... but as far as your car being driven on the street, sure there are cars that are trailor queens, but who's Marauder isn't driven on the street? Even my Chevelle will be.

CRUZTAKER
07-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Billy!

Maker of "The Movie" for Trilogy owners only.

Alrighty then.:D

My smoke is just as ambiguous as it was NA.<!-- google_ad_section_end(name=def ) -->

BillyGman
07-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Billy!

Maker of "The Movie" for Trilogy owners only.

Alrighty then.:D

My smoke is just as ambiguous as it was NA.<!-- google_ad_section_end(name=def ) -->Hello Barry Ole chap! It's been too long..... congrats on finally breaking into the supercharger scene. I knew that you wouldn't be satisfied with an N/A Marauder forever, cuz you're too much like me when it comes to being horsepower hungry. What have you turned with it at the track since the mechanical metamorphosis has taken place?

Embassy
07-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Billy, it's good to hear from you.

I see your former Marauder quite often whenever I hang out with Drewstang.

Should you ever roll back through Kentucky. I'll repay you the joy ride you gave me by taking you out in my own blown Marauder.

Click. (http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/588/24765)

Good luck with the new money pit. She sounds like a beast.

BillyGman
07-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Billy, it's good to hear from you.

I see your former Marauder quite often whenever I hang out with Drewstang.

Should you ever roll back through Kentucky. I'll repay you the joy ride you gave me by taking you out in my own blown Marauder.

Click. (http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/588/24765)

Good luck with the new money pit. She sounds like a beast. Thanks..... so you have a black supercharged Marauder now, uh? Nice!!!! What happened to your red Marauder? You sold it? I see you've posted some pics of my 50 cal rifle, uh? That was fun shootin up that car and plinkin holes through the engine block, and through that manhole cover too. Tell the Mrs. I said hi. Does she still have those african Ciclids?

ParkRanger
07-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Been awhile since I hung out here, and I dropped in today and found some PM's that people sent to me over the past couple months. Thanks guys. Unfortunately I no longer own a Marauder, but I do miss it, and I also miss talking with a number of you here. I have another money pit right now that I cannot even believe that I've sunk more dollars into than I did into the Marauder that I had. Anyway, some of that car's details are in my post sig in Blue. :)

I haven't talked Marauders too much in awhile....do any of you guys still meet up with the Impala SS boys once a year to race them? I see that Glenn is on the Chevelle board once in awhile talking about his big block engine that he's installing in his Imapala. ;)

BillyGman! - as I live and breathe. A blast from the past. Welcome home! :beer:

BillyGman
07-22-2008, 11:39 AM
BillyGman! - as I live and breathe. A blast from the past. Welcome home! :beer:Thanks. It's good to be back here. Just wish I had another Marauder. Maybe some day. Been pouring too much $$ into this Chevelle for that to happen right now though. Anyway, it's good to see a number of you veterans still around here. ;)

rayjay
07-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Geez Billy, I thought you'd have that Chebby done by now. Sorry to hear about your wreck, glad you're ok now. Believe it or not, this place is sorta gun friendly now, well sorta. ;)

BADMERC
07-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Billy, good to see you are still around. Please keep us all posted on your project. Take care, Matt:beer:

BillyGman
07-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Geez Billy, I thought you'd have that Chebby done by now. Sorry to hear about your wreck, glad you're ok now. Believe it or not, this place is sorta gun friendly now, well sorta. ;)

Billy, good to see you are still around. Please keep us all posted on your project. Take care, Matt:beer: Now we have a whole bunch of you coming outta the wordwork. This is great! Ray & Matt, I appreciate you guys chiming in...I wasn't sure if you guys were still around here.

Yeah, trust me, I thought that I'd have the heavy Chevy done a long time ago too. :shake: I remember telling my brother that I'd have it done in 8 or 9 months. What a joke that is now! Boy oh boy was I ever wrong about that. I definitely learned some things the hard way when it comes to car restoration. Particularly when it comes to restorations that involve 800 horses under the hood in a steet car.

It's really tough to get advice that applies to this project, because most of the guys at this power level build their cars for the track only, and they only trailer their cars practically everywhere they go. You know, the race gas/spooled rear end type cars.

And most of the guys who build pump gas cars to actually be driven on the street (more than to just car shows I mean) as well as the strip, don't enter this power level with their car projects. And the parts selection as well as building methods for each of those two types of cars are different than what I needed for this car. So I've often found myself getting info and advice that was either for much milder street cars, or all-out race cars that are practically never driven on the street at all. And neither of the two schools really will apply to this car. So I've kinda been on my own with this project, and I've had to find ways to get things done on it where there seemingly weren't any ways and it's been painstaking and time consuming to say the least. Definitely having to earn this one every step of the way. But I'll get there. ;)

Matt, hows that Tru-trac rear holding up? Do you like it? I wanted to get one of those for my car, but when I inquired about them, I found that they weren't available for 35 spline axles, and 31 spline axles just wouldn't hold up to the power level with this car. Particularly on the track where more traction is attainable.

BADMERC
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Billy, the truetrac is great. No noise, great traction. Please stay in touch.
I picked up a 2001 PVPI, very nice to drive. Take care, Matt

rumble
07-23-2008, 06:56 PM

Billy, you and I have never met but you were the very first person to tweak my intrest in a Trilogy when you said that if you had it to do over again a Trilogy would be the first mod you would do.

Very good advice.

I listened and I did.

Thanks pal, this one's for you.:beer:

BillyGman
07-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Billy, you and I have never met but you were the very first person to tweak my intrest in a Trilogy when you said that if you had it to do over again a Trilogy would be the first mod you would do.

Very good advice.

I listened and I did.

Thanks pal, this one's for you.:beer: You're very welcome my friend. And I still say that now....if in ayear or two, I buy another Marauder, after making sure that all the stock parts are up to snuff, the first thing that I would do is buy another Trilogy supercharger kit, and install it. Perhaps after that, I'd install the Kooks headers and the 2.5" diameter exhaust, but mostly for the better sound cuz having the supercharger kit by itself would satisfy me, and that would be only with the 3.4" diameter 9.5 PSI pulley that it comes with just like I kept on my first Marauder. That would just about do it other than the widened rear wheels in order to use the Nitto P305/45/18 drag radials for better traction on and off the dragstrip. Anyway, I'm glad that my posts were of help to you. I was always sincere with my advice, and many other people on here have helped me out as well. ;) Happy Maraudering....:D

rumble
07-24-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm glad that my posts were of help to you. I was always sincere with my advice, and many other people on here have helped me out as well. ;) Happy Maraudering....:D

I've been hanging out here off and on for about 6 years and I do remember
the many times you and some of the other "early timers" helped many of us
with many different issues. I was at Marauderville #1 (the Logan days) and met
some really swell guys there, many who are now long gone from here.

The neat thing Billy, is that so many new folks have come along with the same
"hey let me help" attitude that it still makes this a great community.
We may be two different sites now and we may fuss and cuss a bit but the car
still attracts those special people with the one thing in common.

Our big bad azz cars.

Good luck with the 55, hope you end up back in a Marauder some day soon.

BillyGman
07-25-2008, 12:47 AM
I've been hanging out here off and on for about 6 years and I do remember
the many times you and some of the other "early timers" helped many of us
with many different issues. I was at Marauderville #1 (the Logan days) and met
some really swell guys there, many who are now long gone from here.

The neat thing Billy, is that so many new folks have come along with the same
"hey let me help" attitude that it still makes this a great community.
We may be two different sites now and we may fuss and cuss a bit but the car
still attracts those special people with the one thing in common.

Our big bad azz cars.

Good luck with the 55, hope you end up back in a Marauder some day soon. I do miss alot of guys from here as well as from over on the other board too. Maybe I will own another Marauder some day, yes, cuz I miss that too. But it have to be supercharged right away. :D

Right now, I just wanna get my 70 Chevelle on the road. my bank accounts have taken more than enough of a beating from that thing for now. :cool: