PDA

View Full Version : How did all this get started? A history lesson.

justbob
07-21-2008, 07:31 PM
I've been visiting this site for about four years now, i suppose for technical help and such and just recently became a member. It never failed, i would type in google and search for something about the Marauder and this site would always be the first to pop up and take up most of the first few pages with an overwelming amount of the info i was searching for. Thanks to this site i was never in the dark when tackling something new or wanting to try new things. I'm just wondering how something like this came to be, what i took to start up, how many members did it start up with and how fast it grew, and who were the pioneers. Thanks again for a wonder and helpful site. Bob.

sailsmen
07-21-2008, 08:11 PM
A man by the name of Logan who is an auto enthusiast started the site and hosted it.

He sold it to a group that were members of the site.

It's the members that have made it what it is.

Aren Jay
07-22-2008, 04:47 PM
There were more members but for some unknown reason a main group and some vendors split off from the rest.

But this site still has it's own vedors that support it and many members, who like it here, and the info that we get, here.

Bradley G
07-22-2008, 05:00 PM
The site took a huge step back when the Motorcity group was banned from this site.
MCM is an extremely large & influential group with strong beliefs, which were sometimes was misconstrude.

Bluerauder
07-22-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm just wondering how something like this came to be, what i took to start up, how many members did it start up with and how fast it grew, and who were the pioneers. Thanks again for a wonder and helpful site. Bob.
Go to "Quick Links" on the menu bar and scroll down to "Members List". You can click to sort on "Join Date", "Posts", and "Last Visit". That'll give you some indication. Some of the early members have moved on including the founder Logan who ran a pretty tight ship with some easy to remember rules. "This is my house. Wipe your feet when you come in." That worked for most folks. The membership did the rest. :D

Ownership has changed; but the legacy continues. :up:

RoyLPita
07-22-2008, 05:26 PM
I found this site by "Googling" and haven't found a reason to leave yet.

MM03MOK
07-22-2008, 06:02 PM
There were more members but for some unknown reason a main group and some vendors split off from the rest.

But this site still has it's own vendors that support it and many members, who like it here, and the info that we get, here.Actually, we have more members here now than we've ever had. Posting is up tremendously. I just logged in now for the first time since 11:25am this morning. There are 226 new posts in the last 9.5 hours. 600K+ posts and 42K+ threads in over 6 years. Some vendors have chosen not to renew their vendorship and we've added new vendors. The "main group" you speak of is about a dozen people that no longer post here.

B.C. Bake
07-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Lookin like almost four years for me, check to see whats happenen almost every day. And of course modden and driven the Marauder "on the weekends mostly".:woohoo:

J D
07-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Lookin like almost four years for me, check to see whats happenen almost every day. And of course modden and driven the Marauder "on the weekends mostly".:woohoo:

I look forward to the time that I can say that. :D

Zack
07-22-2008, 08:03 PM
The site took a huge step back when the Motorcity group was banned from this site.
MCM is an extremely large & influential group with strong beliefs, which were sometimes was misconstrude.

:rofl:
:laugh:
Thanks Brad. :lol: