PDA

View Full Version : What do you prefer?

KLinardo
07-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Considering every aspect of a car why would you choose...

Aren Jay
07-22-2008, 08:54 AM
I 'want' to see myself in an Aston Martin Lagonda.

Eric-Blk2004
07-22-2008, 08:57 AM
I am personally more drawn to the line of Dodge/Benz cars. Ever since the Germans become large share holders/owners it has pumped more cash flow into their company to produce visually impressive cars. Couple that with their lifetime power train warranty on select reasonable models and I am sold. I almost purchased a V6 Charger AWD for that purpose but it simply cost way too much for me at my current time.

I own a 1999 300M Chrysler and that thing is fantastic for a luxury car (in its time) and now a commuter beater (9 years later). I have had zero major issues with the car. I also own a Dodge Ram Hemi and that is MINT aside from the classic Dodge leaking power steering pump!

I got the Marauder because it fit the bill of what I wanted in the Charger but for a lot less since it was used and a Ford. If I had waited a little longer I am sure I could of picked this car up since it is dropping in value due to the timeline of depreciation.

Buying a Ford/Used I expected a lot of repairs and issues, but thats true with most used cars that are American. Sure enough my Airbag light is on and no warranty in sight! Oh well its a gamble, and before people chime in with good luck stories of no fixes etc. It was just that luck, or your the first owner of the car.

I would not own an import simply because I have owned 2, a Subaru and a Mazda, and they are too small for me. Nice quick little cars, and the Subaru never got stuck but just a little overpriced for what you get. Especially now, the WRX is almost 30k and you dont get much besides a quick little car that looks terrible. The STI looks better but it is way over priced at 35k+.

I would not consider a GM/Chevy simply because of their style. However, if they made a hybrid Saturn Sky I would sold! The Sky looks amazing - damn Aussies! Plus I have a Pontiac Firebird that might else be a paper weight. NOW that has a lot of problems!

But this is a Ford site so I will probably be the only dodge guy! Someone join me!

My two cents.

Bluerauder
07-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Considering every aspect of a car why would you choose...
I really don't understand the question or the choices. :rolleyes: Everyone's needs and desires change over time -- and I have never considered myself to be brand loyal over the long haul. I have owned Chevys, Dodges, Buicks, and Fords/Mercurys over nearly 40 years. And I had a good reason for each and every car that I bought and owned. Never even considered a foreign make.

In my teens, I wanted A car. Didn't matter much what kind.
In my 20s, I wanted and needed a sporty & sharp looking car.
In my 30s, I needed a family people mover for kiddie stuff.
In my 40s, a van was necessary for growing kids and college moves.
In my 50s, I wanted something special, comfortable and stylish (a little power was a plus).
In my 60s, who knows. Maybe a supercharger. Maybe a Corvette. Maybe a Challenger. Not ready for a Town Car yet.
In my 70's, I wanna be just like cruzer and sherm. :D

SC Cheesehead
07-22-2008, 09:17 AM
I've owned more Ford products over the years than any other make, and will probably stay loyal to Ford until either they're gone or I am.

rayjay
07-22-2008, 10:29 AM
I've always been a Ford guy and would prefer to stay that way, but with times as they are, circumstances, ect, I now own a Chevrolet Aveo (Korean GM). The FLM dealer that I have do work on my DTR was asking above book for a 07 Focus and basically said take it or leave it, thats the price. I left it and went directly across the street and saved $4k. I guess 4cylinder cars are now made of gold... :confused:

Stranger in the Black Sedan
07-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I am anti brand loyal. I do it all. I think the Dodge cars in my family have had the best overall build quality. We have had a lot of intrepids, all w/ the big engines and maxed out options, a jeep, minivan, etc. The chrysler stuff always felt the least cheap driving them. That is the summation of my personal findings. As far as muscle car stuff, I have had 2 Thunderbirds, a Nova, a Camaro, a Firebird, and Charger. So I had the big 3 covered there. I'll take a small block chevy for a performance build because you can do so much more, so much cheaper, than the other big 2. The chevy stuff is so common that it is always the cheapest to work on and make power. Followed by Ford, and then Chrysler. Working on Mopar muscle car stuff gets $$$$ really fast because it is so relatively un-common.

RoyLPita
07-22-2008, 11:46 AM
I've had all Fords since I started driving (the POS Buick didn't count letalone run). However, I'm starting to stray (or drift) toward the rear wheel drive platforms of BMW that you can still get in a 6 speed manual.

justbob
07-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Ive yet to be stranded in a ford product.

Aren Jay
07-22-2008, 04:44 PM
I would like to see my self in a Lagonda because it is the epidemy of the techno luxury cruiser. Everything that is extra special in a car, and now affordable.

Plus I will still have my Marauder.

Aren Jay
07-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Ive yet to be stranded in a ford product.

I have, dead mustang I stopped just before I got to the rail road tracks.

Stroszek
07-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I remain loyal to Ford but there are a handful of European cars I would love to own. Aston Martin DB9, Maybach, and BMW M6 are among those.

Limited to one practical vehicle, a modded and SCT tuned King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 F350 or Outlaw CC 4x4 F350 would have to be my choice.

I've had great luck with Ford trucks and I like to make it through the snow with confidence. And my current 01 is great but theres only so much speed to be gained from the V10.

Choice of 2 vehicles, I plan to keep the 01 SD and complement the need for speed with a Marauder. The Lincoln LS Ultimate has my interest too but the Marauder is just too appealing.

J D
07-22-2008, 07:13 PM
But this is a Ford site so I will probably be the only dodge guy! Someone join me!

My two cents.

You're not alone Eric!

When it came time for me to look into getting a car I loved the style of the 7th gen Honda accord coupe, but after trying to sit in one, I realized the size proportions were for those of shorter stature and lesser mass as my head was through the sun roof and arms were out the window or in the passenger seat.

So after that and many other failed attempts I cast off the foreigns, and went with good ol' Detroit steel. As far as muscle, my choices were limited but I really liked what Chrysler was putting out, a good buddy of mine runs around in a late model intrepid which is almost as good as the mm to ride shotgun or rear seat in. and the 300C and Chargers and Avengers all were really appealing to me for power, customization, and style.

But in the end I found all that and more in the MM as the platform, which was older than me by a decade, is tried and true, plenty of opportunities for replacement parts especially for a frame on body car, and a relatively simple drivetrain for me to tinker on as a novice and to build on as I get older. And the possibility of later on to have a potential collector car when I get older.

But to answer the question, I mirror VicsEvilBro, in that I'm not tied to any brand, and although I'm inclined to by domestic, I would, if there were a mindblowingly good design and execution of a car, go foreign.

So how about a Go Domestic option and an "a division of Chysler" option, not just dodge or jeep . . .:rolleyes:

Leadfoot281
07-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Ford all the way. End of story. Ford could go away tomorrow and I'll still be set for life. There's still millions of old CV's and F-150's out there. I just don't need a new car to be happy.

Pre-Chrysler Jeep is OK too. Not as good as Ford, but still a name brand.

I'm embarrased to admit it but I do own a '96 Jeep Cherokee sport 2 door. I hate Chysler so much I'm keeping busy picking all the Chrysler junk out of it. This is actually very easy. Everything that has broken on it so far has Chrysler written on it.

Don't even get me started on imports and other off-brands.

I just don't understand folks that drive anything. Do you root for the Green Bay Packers one week and the Vikings the next? :confused:

ULB SRRY
07-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Ford untill i DIE!!!!

Stranger in the Black Sedan
07-23-2008, 10:59 AM
I just don't understand folks that drive anything. Do you root for the Green Bay Packers one week and the Vikings the next? :confused:

Easy answer, I don't follow sports. Ford doesn't make every car I like. So I have to look further than that. I have very diverse interests.

Leadfoot281
07-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Easy answer, I don't follow sports. Ford doesn't make every car I like. So I have to look further than that. I have very diverse interests.

That's the same reason I still occasionally look a Vettes. Ford doesn't build a car even remotely comparable to the Vette.

Will I ever own one? Probably not. If I did I'd probably put a Ford motor in it. :D

Aren Jay
07-23-2008, 11:27 PM
GT is similar to a Vette, more expensive but similar, so is the Mustang.

Leadfoot281
07-24-2008, 12:59 AM
GT is similar to a Vette, more expensive but similar, so is the Mustang.

That's like saying Nyquil is similar to Scotch. :shake: