PDA

View Full Version : Another Dealership Rant (non Marauder related)

Petrograde
08-29-2003, 02:34 PM
Well, I took my wife's 95 Civic into Vandergraff Honda in Arlington,TX. For 2 problems: A faulty O2 sensor and the A/C stops working when it gets hot.:rolleyes:

I told the service manager that as long as the car sits in his climate controlled garage it'll work just fine. He calls me yesterday and said the A/c was working fine. :censor:

Also, he says his techs CANT REMOVE the O2 sensor from the exaust manifold! He wants to replace it! So, I told him to go ahead (I know, I know:rolleyes: )

I was FINALLY able to reach him on the phone about an hour ago, the O2 sensor is fixed but they still can't find a problem with the A/C. So, as I type this the Civic is basking in the hell-like Texas sun. Sheesh!

Can someone tell me where to find a good mechanic in the DFW area? I'm a mechanic, but I live in an apartment right now with no place to turn wrenches.

sigh,... thanks for letting me rant!

RCSignals
08-29-2003, 08:27 PM
I've been there with Honda as well. To read the posts on the Internet you'd think they are perfect cars for 200,000 miles.

My experience is that Honda's attitude is they don't make make cars with problems. Forget help on anything "just out of warranty" Funny though how (from posts I've read about Ford's) People expect so much more from Ford.
A neighbour works on cars from his home shop. He's continually replacing transmissions in Hondas (not all real high mileage either). Have a transmission go out in a Ford at 75,000 miles and people seem to expect Ford should cover it.

Petrograde
08-29-2003, 08:32 PM
My wife's Civic almost has 100K. other than some fairly minor things, it's a desent little car.

I think I'm just fed up with dealerships. The seemingly poor service, the attitude. If I find a good dealership here I'll go to them.

Logan
08-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Sending you a PM there Petrograde...