PDA

View Full Version : Where is your garage.

Aren Jay
07-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Where is your garage?

Is it, at the front of your home, at the side of your home, behind your home, in your backyard, underneath your home, somewhere else or you park your Maruader outside because you don't have a garage.

sd8683
07-25-2008, 10:05 PM
No garage here :(

J D
07-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Parked in private driveway (there is no garage) under large bush/tree and covered.

Bigdogjim
07-26-2008, 03:32 AM
Why do want to Know? Are you going to stop by and wash and wax my marauder:rofl:

Mike Poore
07-26-2008, 03:47 AM
We needed to be able to vote more than once.

3 bays under, here
three bays/4 post lift in Morton bldg, beside
4 bays under, at Snow Shoe, all empty (for now)

rayjay
07-26-2008, 07:29 AM
We needed to be able to vote more than once.

3 bays under, here
three bays/4 post lift in Morton bldg, beside
4 bays under, at Snow Shoe, all empty (for now)

Geez Mike, you opening a dealership?

rayjay
07-26-2008, 07:33 AM
I can't fit a car in my garage. Too much junk :shake: My DTR is going to be stored in my neighbor's garage over the winter. She has less junk and needs her driveway kept clear of snow. Seemed like a fair trade. :up:

MM03MOK
07-26-2008, 07:41 AM
Garage is attached to the side of the house but the Marauders sit in the driveway because the '68 Skylark ragtop gets the garage.

RoyLPita
07-26-2008, 07:55 AM
The only garage my MM ends up in is at my workplace to get stuff done.

Jolly Roger
07-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Why do want to Know? Are you going to stop by and wash and wax my marauder:rofl:

What he said ^^^^^.:bows:

Davesvt2000
07-26-2008, 12:27 PM
My garage is out behind my house, at the far edge of my property. It was actually an old shop when I bought the property, and I fixed it up a bit.

Oh, and it's 100 X 40, I can fit 17 cars in there, which I do in the winter, I rent it out for car storage in addition to my own cars/trucks.

Blackened300a
07-26-2008, 01:31 PM
I live in a co-op so my garage is under my complex. It used to sit outside in a parking lot under a cover.

Ms. Denmark
07-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Our detached garage sits next to the house. Probably built in 1919. it's tall, deep and narrow. I call it the Mausoleum. I'm afraid to pull the Marauder in for fear of scratching it all up. So now the garage is filled with Mr. Man's power tools and the rest of the manly-man stuff guys got to have.;) We have plans drawn up for a beautiful new garage complete with a workshop and an office and guest quarters on the 2nd floor. I call it the Garage-Mahal. Someday.....................!: )

Bluerauder
07-26-2008, 02:13 PM
I call it the Garage-Mahal. Someday.....................!: )
We have a member here who uses that screenname .... >>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=73

DJCV
07-26-2008, 04:46 PM
I am really surprised, since so many members here are Marauder fanatics, that such a high percentage sit outside and not in a garage. Years ago, when my wife and I were daydreaming about our first home, she talked so much about the nice family room, dining room, living room, bedrooms, etc., and how nice it was going to be to own them and be able to paint them and decorate them as she wished--------all I thought about was how nice it was going to be to pull my freakin' car into an attached garage every single night!

quota
07-26-2008, 08:20 PM
My garage was built 4 years ago according to my specs, in my yard close to my house. There is space for 2 cars and for my 3 bikes. Fully equipped workshop and a large office upstairs.
I like it but I made the mistake of building it for 2 cars rather than for 3. As a result, my MGM sleeps outside.

jp

GordonB
07-26-2008, 08:56 PM
First off, I have 2 garages, but ... they are located 450 miles apart! One is a 2 car attached to house on the side and the other one is a 2-car, oversized located underneath/first floor at the beach.

BTW, I should be able to vote twice! with 2 cars! He, He!

GordonB

Bluerauder
07-27-2008, 06:16 AM
BTW, I should be able to vote twice! with 2 cars! He, He!

GordonB
Nope, Joan needs her own screenname. :P

Mike Poore
07-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Geez Mike, you opening a dealership?

Hey,, what a grand idea. I bet I could get a Mercury Dealership ...cheap. :D

CRUZTAKER
07-27-2008, 07:36 AM
Detached, as it was a horse barn. Built in 1913, we fondly call it the BA-RAGE. It is a place of worship....as the floor is extremely holy. :D

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/2/6/winter2004112Large.jpg

Iowa Rick
07-27-2008, 01:34 PM
The survey asked where my garage was, not where I park the MM. I have a detached garage on the side of the house. The garage is where my wife's car parks. My MM is parked in a car port. Covered roof and open on 3 sides. I wash it and 15 minutes later it has a film of dust! vWhy didn't I wait for a SB????? Rick

CRUZTAKER
07-27-2008, 02:08 PM
I wash it and 15 minutes later it has a film of dust! vWhy didn't I wait for a SB????? Rick

A better question is "why haven't you invested in a California Car cover and Duster?":D

Blk Mamba
07-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Mine is attached to the side of my house, and as was discussed in a previous thread, that is my workshop, office, man-cave, retreat, and the MM sleeps under a tree in the front yard. I have a car cover, but don't use it all the time, I usually wait for the dew to lift, and grab the ice, do a quick wipe down, and thats it. It will probably hibernate, under the cover, under the tree till spring, from first snow.

Iowa Rick
07-27-2008, 09:14 PM
A better question is "why haven't you invested in a California Car cover and Duster?":D

I don't know..... Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment. :lol:

blkwidowmerc
07-27-2008, 09:20 PM
my garage is connected to the side of my house facing forward. my car stays in a nice 3 car garage along with my 3yr olds battery powered ford monster truck

Iowa Rick
07-27-2008, 09:29 PM

Just checked prices for your suggestion.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=bold align=right>Order Subtotal </TD><TD align=right>$486.97</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thats my 5 month budget for gas. Thats why it will remain dusty I guess.
If I bought the cover it would live under it cause I couldn't afford to drive it unless I got into my beer budget and I don't wanna talk about that!!!!!:alone:

Stranger in the Black Sedan
07-28-2008, 04:41 AM
I have a 2 car attached garage and also a 2 car detached garage. 4 cars total.

crowdog
07-29-2008, 07:11 AM
Attached 2 car climate controlled garage.

CRUZTAKER
07-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Attached 2 car climate controlled garage.

That's funny!

Oklahoma IS climate controlled year round.

HOT!

:baaa:

SID210SA
07-29-2008, 11:18 AM
I have a weird setup....a real two car garage...the Marauder on one side, a Dodge 1500 quad cab, and an Indian Motorcycle. The garage is attached to the back of the house. The back wall of the garage shares the living room wall. This is the weird part: My street is at the back of the house and never use the front door. No street out the front....just a sidewalk and lots of trees, and other houses of coarse. I guess you could say the house was built backwards.....

Aren Jay
07-30-2008, 08:50 AM
I have a weird setup....a real two car garage...the Marauder on one side, a Dodge 1500 quad cab, and an Indian Motorcycle. The garage is attached to the back of the house. The back wall of the garage shares the living room wall. This is the weird part: My street is at the back of the house and never use the front door. No street out the front....just a sidewalk and lots of trees, and other houses of coarse. I guess you could say the house was built backwards.....

That sounds like a house of the future, only they want everyone to use their front doors.

I have the opposite. Garagedoor, and road and front door, that is the front of my house. A hallway around the garage and finally the whole living area in the house and deck outside and backyard. The front of the house only used to get in or out, everything else is done at the other end of the place.

QWK SVT
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM
The attached two car garage is at the front of the home, located directly underneath the Master bedroom. The MM and my Lightning stay inside, and the wife's Escape sits on the driveway - though I think she would like to rethink that plann, come wintertime...

DEFYANT
08-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Three bay side load garage. This is a good site for garage junkies: http://www.garagejournal.com/

2,4shofast
08-01-2008, 05:35 PM
In front of the house...2 car garage....sadly my garage is about the same size as my house...I guess you can see where my priorities lie..ha ha

MENINBLK
08-04-2008, 05:26 PM
This post needs multiple answers...