PDA

View Full Version : The Brickyard

Blk Mamba
07-27-2008, 02:38 PM
This is the worst Nascar race I have ever watched, a caution every 10 laps, thrown by the officials.

oldekid
07-27-2008, 03:22 PM
I have to agree. I didn't even finish watching it.

Davesvt2000
07-27-2008, 03:31 PM
:stupid:............

J D
07-27-2008, 04:01 PM
I saw a commercial for that looks like I didn't miss much

MarauderVOL
07-27-2008, 05:40 PM
I agree what a horrible race.

a_d_a_m
07-27-2008, 09:29 PM
my friend called and said it was a cluster.
glad i was at work and couldn't watch it.

SC Cheesehead
07-28-2008, 04:24 AM
Talk about a disaster! The only thing that kept me watching was the hope that the #99 car would have enough time to make a run on the 48. Seven laps wasn't going to do it, though.

The really sad thing is that NASCAR knew about the tire issue after the three car tire test earlier this year, and basically just decided to stick their heads in the sand (or perhaps another choice location) hoping the problem would go away.

Haggis
07-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Nascar who really cares anymore, ever since they let Toyota in they ought to call it Jascar!

Vortex
07-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Lost interest when the Wood Bros didnt qualify. Im pissed Ford doesnt do more to help them out; they are the oldest team in NASCAR and barely getting by. They are also losing their prime sponsor to JTG Racing and may be gone soon if things dont change. I wish Ford would show what they can do with their engineering by becoming a full sponsor (Motorcraft) and bringing this team back from the brink and right to the front of the pack. The Wood Bros could help by getting a younger driver (Mears or Yalley maybe) and painting their car white with a red top and gold door numbers too like its supposed to look. Was I ranting? Sorry, Im a fan.

Pops
07-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Lost interest when the Wood Bros didnt qualify. Im pissed Ford doesnt do more to help them out; they are the oldest team in NASCAR and barely getting by. They are also losing their prime sponsor to JTG Racing and may be gone soon if things dont change. I wish Ford would show what they can do with their engineering by becoming a full sponsor (Motorcraft) and bringing this team back from the brink and right to the front of the pack. The Wood Bros could help by getting a younger driver (Mears or Yalley maybe) and painting their car white with a red top and gold door numbers too like its supposed to look. Was I ranting? Sorry, Im a fan.

No ranting as you are right!

Dr Caleb
07-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Sorry, didn't see it, but sounds like I'm glad I didn't.

Was at the Edmonton Indy, saw the Nascar North race. I've seen it the last 2 years now, and I have to say, it's much more fun than watching it on TV.

Indy rocked too, but it was a far cry from the CART races of previous years. Guess they only had 5 months prep time, so I can understand.

But my boy Paul Tracy only had 2 weeks prep on his new car and new team and still placed 4th. !!! I'll bet that Andretti kid got a shot in the mouth from Danica after ruining her day.

Blk Mamba
07-28-2008, 04:13 PM
NASCAR has gone to the dogs, they interfer in racing, throwing cautions at inappropriate times, so the racing goes the way the "herd" wants, they should be the sanctioning body, and hire independent (non-biased) auditors to enforce the rules. (There thats ranting)

FastMerc
07-28-2008, 04:21 PM
The NASCAR organization has ruined stock car racing as far as I am concerned.When Bill France started it I do not believe this was the course he wanted. Just look at the stands on TV it shows.I use to go to these events and when prices went up and races got boring I quit going! The race at Indy Sucked hands down!!!

Dr Caleb
07-28-2008, 09:49 PM
The race at Indy Sucked hands down!!!

I was thinking earlier - this is the same problem that the Formula 1 race had at Indy a couple years ago. Everyone may remember people throwing water bottles and stuff on the track when 3/4 of the field went off to the pits after the warm up lap.

F1 still hasn't gone back to Indy.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gBKtDaYfBjB4QSByaSBXzl_D D5SAD9273KG80

Motorhead350
07-29-2008, 09:06 PM
I lost interest when they quit using "cars."

FordNut
07-29-2008, 10:04 PM
NASCAR has gone downhill so much I just sold my tickets to Bristol. With the current financial situation, I expect the auto manufacturers to reduce sponsorship money since the new Car Of Tomorrow doesn't really represent anything they sell in the showroom. Several of the previously exciting races have become wreck-fests instead of races. This spring at Bristol the Nationwide race (formerly Busch series) was much better than the Sprint cup. And how do fans identify with a racing series that constantly changes names? Winston/Nextel/Sprint ? I thought Sprint Car Racing was those little go-cart sized cars with V-8 engines? The ones that flip over and end up going over the wall or doing end-over-end crashes. Gee, talk about an identity crisis.

Aren Jay
07-29-2008, 11:22 PM

Dr Caleb
07-30-2008, 10:14 AM
NASCAR should be stock car racing again, with cars that sell no less than 25,000 units in a given style.

Isn't that what they used to do?

Actually, when they did that, the '63 Marauder was driven in factory shape on the track. And won! I think Parnelli Jones won a championship in a Marauder.

Blk Mamba
07-30-2008, 05:08 PM
There is not one stock part on any of these cars, thus,the National Association for Stock Car Automobile Racing, is misnamed.