PDA

View Full Version : Stacey David - Gearz

Breadfan
07-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Not sure how many people watch the "PowerBlock" on Speed, but the show "Trucks!" used to be hosted by a guy named Stacey David. (This was after he was co-host with some other guy when the show first started, he was then the only host on the show.)

Anyway, I liked the way he hosted the show, and thought it sucked when they replaced him. (One of the guys they replaced him with didn't last long, he looked like a profession wrestler or something and acted like he was going to body slam every part they were demoing.)

Anyway...Stacey David has a new show, called Gearz, and it's played on Speed. I caught it early on Saturday morning. Not sure if there's a better time to catch it or not.

So, check it out! He's still hosting this show pretty good, man he gets excited about everything, lol, kinda reminds me what it's like hwen I'm in the garage myself...

In the show I saw, he showed how to make tri-carb setups by rebuilding rochestor 2bbl's, and make a rear end stand out of scrap metal. Seems like a decent show.

On a similar note, I had looked up a yaer or two to see why he left Trucks! and if I recall it was because he didn't like how the show was run. He didn't like building projects that would get crushed when they were done. (Yes, most of the project trucks he worked on were crushed after being built)

ImpalaSlayer
07-28-2008, 04:48 AM
ive seen the show a few times and yeah its pretty cool. he never did finish that sargent rock thing he was buildin

Breadfan
07-28-2008, 05:18 AM
ive seen the show a few times and yeah its pretty cool. he never did finish that sargent rock thing he was buildin

I saw that on the set of Gearz, it looked nearly done. From what I read he got to take that project when he left.

Dr Caleb
07-28-2008, 09:00 AM
I saw that on the set of Gearz, it looked nearly done. From what I read he got to take that project when he left.

Same with Copperhead. I saw that on the set too.

I got a kick out of him, loved Trucks!, hated the first hosts. That one blond guy I'm still not a fan of, mainly because he drives a BMW.

But I did like the HRT project!

imorb1994
07-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Not sure how many people watch the "PowerBlock" on Speed, but the show "Trucks!" used to be hosted by a guy named Stacey David. (This was after he was co-host with some other guy when the show first started, he was then the only host on the show.)

The other guys name was Mel Fair not that important. The current host used to be on a home improvement show on DIY network.

offroadkarter
07-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Gearz was on ESPN before speed, i used to watch it whenever i saw it on.

He took Sgt Rock, Copperhead and Crazyhorse with him when he left the power block. He didnt want those sold and parted out like the K5 blazer he built up.

justbob
07-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Its been on for a couple seasons now. You should tivo any and all that you can, he is simply hilarious and does some awesome work. Check out the Banshee project for sure, its a bad a** miata with body kit and oh yeah its got a 5.0 stroker, t-5, and thunderbird rear diff.

Breadfan
07-28-2008, 05:00 PM
The other guys name was Mel Fair not that important. The current host used to be on a home improvement show on DIY network.

I saw the current host on some show I DVR'ed one night on DIY, it was some motorcycle DIY show, I can't remember the name of it though

Breadfan
07-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Cool I'll see if ESPN still plays it, and will check the Speed schedule.

edit: So, looks like there have been 2 seasons of Gearz? I see Season 1 is available online for about $25 that may be worth adding to my collection, the one I dvr'ed with the tripower setup was pretty cool

offroadkarter
07-28-2008, 06:14 PM
I saw the beginning of the miata project, that looks BA.

You can tell by now he loves his job :)

J D
07-28-2008, 09:03 PM
I saw part of the end of the show about the history of the air filter and even that was enough to turn me to the show, I doesn't show up often and I'd like to see the whole one of the filter episode.