PDA

View Full Version : Oregon hates my MM

Taemian
07-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Just back from another trip to Oregon from my hometown of Vancouver, BC, and again I had someone damage my car.

First trip down, someone "hit and run" me in the Motel 6 parking lot, cost me my $500 deductible. Next time down there I also did the Trilogy install, and got food poisoning.

This time, someone caught their pantleg on my side-mounted license plate while in a parking lot, and tore their pants. ( I found threads in the bracket ) In retaliation for so blatent an attack, they kicked the plate and bracket off, and kicked my foglight in as well.:mad2:

I'm really getting sick of going down to volunteer my time there, and having miscellaneous morons whack my car.

Ford of Canada has no foglights in stock. Anyone have a lead for me? Thanks in advance.

Dr Caleb
07-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Damn Dude!

Just leave it in that barn for a little while where no one can hurt it.

Motorhead350
07-28-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm sorry, but that's funny... the pants part.

Did you look to see if fog lights from other vehicles will fit? Maybe Lincoln will have something.

freakstatus
07-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Sorry to hear that Ian. At least you can still take comfort in the fact that you can run the quarter mile in 13.2 seconds!

Bluerauder
07-29-2008, 04:19 AM
Next time down there I also did the Trilogy install, and got food poisoning.
These ^^^^ are probably not related. ;) Sounds like you have to find another area to park in -- more away from the pedestrian traffic.

Side mounted license plate??? :dunno:

Stranger in the Black Sedan
07-29-2008, 04:29 AM
What the hell kind of plate mount is that? I would probably trip over it too

CRUZTAKER
07-29-2008, 04:46 AM
The plate was avoidable.

Why not use the factory center mount?
It looks better, and leaves no sharp edges.

BTW: I did my time in Oregon, and could care less if I ever found my way back there again.

Taemian
07-29-2008, 06:02 AM
The plate was avoidable.

Why not use the factory center mount?
It looks better, and leaves no sharp edges.

BTW: I did my time in Oregon, and could care less if I ever found my way back there again.

My car came from Tennessee, and had no center plate mount installed, and no holes drilled which is PERFECT for me. I hate the front plate! I usually drive without it, but going across the border is usually easier when they see your front plate instead of coming out to check it. Since I was carrying firearms, I wanted the least hassle possible.

Actually, I like the ranch in the Bend area of Oregon alot. And there's a cool guy called (RC_Sig) near Salem, so I'm a frequent visitor.:)

Taemian
07-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Anyone in touch with Ray the Dealer? I didn't see his name in the member's list.

Aren Jay
07-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Thing is I typically ignore Taemian Reminds me of that thing in China, any way he ignores me, i think, and good thing too.

but he is looking for this.

So he won't know about it unless someone else quotes me.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1210