PDA

View Full Version : Bret Favre

TiTo35
07-31-2008, 11:35 AM
With football season coming up soon and the hoopla about Bret Favre, how do you feel the Packers are handling this situation? Also, who's your team and how do you really think they are going to do this season?

sd8683
07-31-2008, 12:17 PM
How else are they suppose to handle it? The guy just needs to hang it up! The packers are doing the right thing, plus they got a pretty good young QB to take the reigns over.

And as far as my team goes its of course the PATS!!! The best team in NFL history, I know I'm gonna catch some flack saying that but its true, they would have stomped the 70's steelers and the 80's/90's 49ers, and the giants played a great game lastyear but if they played that game 10 times the pats would win 9

SILVERSURFER03
07-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Pats .....suck.they arn't that great.ringers come to mind redskins or falcons both are lossers but i like the underdog.. As for bret farve he should be happy w/what he has done and the money being paid for him not to play

sd8683
07-31-2008, 12:38 PM
Now that's just silly!!
The pats suck!! C'mon, its one thing to dislike them, but to say they suck is just silly.

Just like the redsox fans say the yankees suck, I dislike the Yankees but I know they don't suck!!

Who are you rootin for silversurfer??

Joe Walsh
07-31-2008, 12:39 PM
As for bret farve he should be happy w/what he has done and the money being paid for him not to play

I agree...after his performance in last year's Playoffs, Favre should go home with his 12 million and be happy.

I mean HOLY *****!!... I'd LOVE for someone to pay me millions to NOT show up at work!

1 Bad Merc
07-31-2008, 12:57 PM
I have a better idea.....If the Packers really want to punish him they should trade him to the Chicago Bears! Now that would be really horrible as we would have to let go of 2 quarterbacks! Oh the horror!!!!!:beer:

jimlam56
07-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Lots of talk down here about Brett playing for the Bucs. But he says it's too hot...this coming from a Mississippi guy...:shake:

Go Bucs!!!

freakstatus
07-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Favre.....Should retire with class...

As for my team....

GO
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/freakstatus/994.gif

TiTo35
07-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Its no more class in it...the packers said they would pay him to stay retired...:lol: Also he has 3 more years on his contract...:eek:. I say bring him to Washington!!!:banana:

rayjay
07-31-2008, 03:03 PM
Favre should just retire with dignity and let it go.

Some say my Buffalo Bills are a playoff team this year. We'll see, been a fan since 1965 so I have no delusions of grandure...

As for the Pats? They got denied by a hungry team last year, they'll be back. Funny that the only Bills home game not sold out already is the season finale against the Pats.

Aren Jay
07-31-2008, 03:43 PM
SO can you say his name right?

duhtroll
07-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Thank you Brett Favre for making Michael Jordan look decisive.

SC Cheesehead
08-01-2008, 07:01 AM
:laugh:

I have a better idea.....If the Packers really want to punish him they should trade him to the Chicago Bears! Now that would be really horrible as we would have to let go of 2 quarterbacks! Oh the horror!!!!!:beer::rofl:

Favre.....Should retire with class...

As for my team....

GO
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/freakstatus/994.gif

I'm with you. The Packers are my team, and I've been a Favre fan his whole career, but it's time to move on.

Vortech347
08-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Farve needs to sit down before he throws and his old arm breaks off and goes with the ball. Seriously there is a time to sit down. His was 2 years ago.

I'm a Cowboys fan but I'm not sure if Romo can pull his head out of Jessica's ass (I dunno if I'd want to either) AND get out of the media and focus on the game. IT went from fun (when he rocked) to drama (now he's sucking).

Joe Walsh
08-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Farve needs to sit down before he throws and his old arm breaks off and goes with the ball. Seriously there is a time to sit down. His was 2 years ago.

I'm a Cowboys fan but I'm not sure if Romo can pull his head out of Jessica's ass (I dunno if I'd want to either) AND get out of the media and focus on the game. IT went from fun (when he rocked) to drama (now he's sucking).

Could you clarify that last comment.....:D

IMHO: Jessica is sooooo friggin' smokin' HOT!
Who could concentrate on Football with her as a girlfriend?

finster101
08-02-2008, 11:13 AM
He was a great player, now he looks loke an idiot. :shake:

Mike Poore
08-02-2008, 04:44 PM
How quickly we forget. Favre's the guy who talked about digging the pills out of his puke, and I can't remember a single time when he was offored the opportunity to choke in a big game, and always did.

He needs to: just - go - away.

Black_Noise
08-02-2008, 06:13 PM
farve is acting like a baby, he should stay retired, and GB should have to keep him if hes coming back into the NFL

Aren Jay
08-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Faahve.........

Hack Goby
08-04-2008, 05:12 AM
Pats .....suck.they arn't that great.ringers come to mind redskins or falcons both are lossers but i like the underdog.. As for bret farve he should be happy w/what he has done and the money being paid for him not to playYa like a underdog? Try living in Detroit.

CanadaMarauder
08-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Packers are my team with Colts on backup but I think Favre should have retired the year his dad past away he played with power and actually seemed to love the game again. He is a great QB but yes it is time to move on and Rodgers is an awesome young QB and has thedrive to be "the next Favre"

P.S. I dislike the Pats very very very much..Brady and his ego to come down off the high horse.

sd8683
08-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Packers are my team with Colts on backup but I think Favre should have retired the year his dad past away he played with power and actually seemed to love the game again. He is a great QB but yes it is time to move on and Rodgers is an awesome young QB and has thedrive to be "the next Favre"

P.S. I dislike the Pats very very very much..Brady and his ego to come down off the high horse.

Umm.. Brady's ego?? He's probably the most humble QB in the league!! Happy feet has a bigger ego than him

E-man
08-06-2008, 05:18 AM
If Farve says he is going to retire, then he should retire.
GB is in a tough spot though. I mean this guy rebounded last season to the NFC championship. From a strategic point of view to turn him away is like shooting yourself in the foot. Yes, Farve is old and not perfect but he is experienced. On the other hand, they have been training Rodgers to take over as starter and then all of a sudden your role is in jeopardy. To bring Farve back would be a total slap in the face for him, even if Rodgers still starts.

But it doesn't matter, Carolina is coming back this year!
Go Panthers!

Joe Walsh
08-06-2008, 06:43 AM
He said he was RETIRED!
And IF he had stayed retired he would have been remembered as one of the best QBs ever.
Now he has made himself AND Green Bay look bad.

This whole mess makes him look like a punk 'bee-atch'.

SC Cheesehead
08-06-2008, 08:21 PM
He said he was RETIRED!
And IF he had stayed retired he would have been remembered as one of the best QBs ever.
Now he has made himself AND Green Bay look bad.

This whole mess makes him look like a punk 'bee-atch'.

sadly, +1:(

I'm a life-long Packer fan (heck, I'm a Stockholder!) and I've loved watching Favre over his amazing 16 year tenure with the Pack, but you're right. he had his chance to go out on top, and be remembered as one of the greatest, but his antics over the past couple months have really tainted that.:depress:

Evasfunk
08-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Jets just got him for a conditional 4th round pick :eek:

jimlam56
08-07-2008, 04:59 AM
Jets just got him for a conditional 4th round pick :eek:

Glad to see this; now the Bucs can concentrate on the players they have in camp.

MarauderTJA
08-07-2008, 05:10 AM
I do know how he could have turned down $25.M to retire.:confused: Must be purely for the love of the game.

TooManyFords
08-07-2008, 05:15 AM
I will miss him as a Packer, but my Packers will carry on!

I wish him the best, regardless of what he decides to do. He is/was an icon!

John

ctrlraven
08-07-2008, 05:55 AM
Never saw this coming.

New York Jets (2008-present)

After negotiations with both the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers) and New York Jets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Jets), the Packers traded Favre to the Jets on August 7 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_7), 2008 in exchange for a conditional 4th round pick in the 2009 draft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft) that could escalate in value if the Jets and Favre reach certain milestones.

rayjay
08-08-2008, 07:29 AM
The Jets :shake: WTF, great now Buffalo gets to play him twice a season. I see the Jets odds of making the Super Bowl went up dramatically when they signed Favre.

sd8683
08-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Yup they went from. 50-1 to 49-1 :)

SWOOSH
08-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Ahem, its unfortnate what happened in Green Bay, I am a huge Brett Favre fan, but I can see the predicament Green Bay was put in, I would have moved on also. With that said, I am truly a Redskin fan, but like a spare tire in the trunk, I ordered my Brett Favre jersey just hours ago; so that makes the NY "Football" Jets, my B team!!!

rayjay
08-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Yup they went from. 50-1 to 49-1 :)

I find it hard to believe, but IIRC it was 75-1 to 15-1, per ESPN.

sd8683
08-08-2008, 09:15 AM
I find it hard to believe, but IIRC it was 75-1 to 15-1, per ESPN.

Your kidding!?!? I bet he throws more int's than TD's