PDA

View Full Version : A Momentary Lapse Of Reason

DEFYANT
07-31-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm keeping Defyant Marauder!

Thank you to all my friends and family for setting me straight. I had the deal all worked out. A member of CAM from Deleware was all set to buy her. But my Dad and a few friends chimed in on this idea and insisted I was nuts. The Car was still going.

Story goes like this. You all saw the For Sale thread. Mr. Buyer agreed to the additional miles I was about to put on the car in order to surprise my girlfriend Tina.

I needed one more roadtrip with ole Defyant Marauder. But after the adventure detailed below, there is no way I could part with her now.

July 23, 2008 @ 8pm I drove Tina through one of the nastiest thunder and lightning storms ever from Maryland to NYC. In the pooring rain I drove to Times Square, parked Defyant Marauder smack dab in the middle of the place on the center median and told her to get out.

I got out and met her at the front of the car. We kissed for about 5 minutes in the pooring rain, ending with me dropping to one knee, producing the engagement ring and asking her to marry me!

Without hesitation, she said yes!

I got up and we made a spectical of ourselves http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif !

After...I dunno, awhile.. we got back in the Marauder -soaked, laughing our asses off, I didnt bring a towel... dripping wet... ah, napkins from Dunkin Donuts will suffice.. We attempt to dry off. http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/images/smilies/laugh.gif

As I attempt to leave, I am obstructed by what appears to be a very unhappy and very wet NYPD officer. I'm thinking: "Hmmm, I think this guy is pissed. He doesnt even have a rain coat - and I thought I was wet!" All I could muster in that moment to Tina was "ut-oh".

He walks over to my side, I buz the window down. http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/images/smilies/grumble.gif He askes for my Licence and registration, asking what the hell is happening and why am I parked here! As I am telling him what had just happen a couple more boys in wet blue stroll up, he said "Buddy, if my boss see this.... here (hands me my papers), get outta here."

And that is exactly what I did. The last thing they saw of us was a soaked happily engaged couple zoom off the center median in a car nicknamed "Defyant Marauder"! http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/images/smilies/burnout.gif

Now, on the way back to MD, I told Tina about the buyer in DE. Tina insisted I (we) keep the Marauder. Tina is the only woman I ever met who could understand the man / machine connection. She clearly articulated the reasons why I should keep the Marauder.

And she was right on every point. To sum it up... This is so much more than a car. It has become a part of me and my family. So much blood sweat and tears, miles and miles of good times with friends from accross the USA... This car is me, and I am it. Yeah, she convinced me, I'm keeping this car.

I clearly had a momentary lapse of reason when I posted up The Defyant Marauder was for sale.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Zack
07-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Wake up Charlie, you are married to a man. :eek:

justbob
07-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Glad to hear the final journey was only the begining, congradulations. Bob.

DEFYANT
07-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Wake up Charlie, you are married to a man. :eek:

Nah, I'm divorced.

MM03MOK
07-31-2008, 07:40 PM
Way to go, Charlie!! :woohoo:

Aren Jay
07-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Mid life crisis averted.

TiTo35
07-31-2008, 07:59 PM
:cry: Sound like some ***** that happens in the movies...Congrats Broham! :beer: Thats one good lady you have...Happy Marauding...AGAIN:burnout:

ctrlraven
07-31-2008, 08:11 PM
Congrats!!! and glad to hear your keeping the silver beast!

Now you need to bring Tina out to some meets.

CRUZTAKER
07-31-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm very confused now...but in a good way.

I think.:P

teamrope
07-31-2008, 08:53 PM
Way to go Charlie! :beer:

TAKEDOWN
07-31-2008, 08:57 PM
All in the name of love...thank god!

sailsmen
07-31-2008, 09:18 PM
Save this thread in 6 months she will be saying sell it so we can buy X.

Local Boy
07-31-2008, 09:43 PM
Great story, Brutha...

Congratulations!!!

ALOHA

rayjay
08-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Nice story, but jumping from the frying pan into the fire? I wish you good luck. Took my wife 5 years to get me to the alter from my previous marriage.

Tom Doan
08-01-2008, 05:26 AM
Bring her to Hooters tomorrow.

Blackmobile
08-01-2008, 05:41 AM

And she was right on every point. To sum it up... This is so much more than a car. It has become a part of me and my family. So much blood sweat and tears, miles and miles of good times with friends from accross the USA... This car is me, and I am it. Yeah, she convinced me, I'm keeping this car.

I clearly had a momentary lapse of reason when I posted up The Defyant Marauder was for sale.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I'd describe it as a Key...Key to a good time, Key to good friends, and Key to good memories.

Congratulations my friend, on finding a good woman and keeping a great Car.

May the Burnout continue! :burnout:

SILVERSURFER03
08-01-2008, 05:48 AM
Way to go sir ... Congrats..im sure she was speechless. I wish i could have thought of somthing like that when i asked... Congrats again ..

Obtw; good to here defant sb is staying home.......

Krytin
08-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Very Well Done Charlie!!
Long Life and Happiness to you both!!!!!!!!

Haggis
08-01-2008, 06:59 AM
Congrats Charlie and Tina.

Charlie you will now be forever in Tina's debt for changing you mind on selling that beast.

SID210SA
08-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Charlie and Tina, Congrats to you both....Charlie...they way you told that story....for me...it was like I was there across the street watching this all take place....that is one h e double hockey sticks way to propose!! Like was said before.....that should make it into a movie some where some time!!!

Joe Walsh
08-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Congratulations Charlie!

I thought that you had lost your mind when you decided to SELL Defyant Marauder...

Then I thought that you had regained your senses by deciding to KEEP Defyant Marauder...

Now I KNOW that you've lost your mind because you have decided to get married!!!

;)....:D

Can't wait to meet Tina!

magindat
08-01-2008, 07:46 AM
Told ya. :cool:

vkirkend
08-01-2008, 08:59 AM
So close......

Bluerauder
08-01-2008, 10:18 AM

I got out and met her at the front of the car. We kissed for about 5 minutes in the pooring rain, ending with me dropping to one knee, producing the engagement ring and asking her to marry me!

Without hesitation, she said yes!
:lovies2: Wow, what a Romantic --- the one knee thing in Time's Square !! :lovies2:

Congrats & Best Wishes to Charlie and Tina. :2thumbs:

You could have done the median strip parking proposal with a Toyota Camry but you probably be sitting at Riker's Island waiting on your court date. ;)

BTW -- Congrats on your decision to keep the Defyant Marauder (for now at least)

Logan
08-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Time for my annual "Holy crap, Logan posted" moment... :)

Congrats on the pending nuptials there Charlie. I wish you the best... I couldn't believe you'd part with it the first place, too gorgeous to part with...

Anyway, great story, great people. Take care!

Ken
08-01-2008, 12:38 PM
"Holy crap, Logan posted" :):D

Charlie, Which part was the Momentary Lapse of Reason? The former or the latter? Best Wishes!:D

Ken

ImpalaSlayer
08-01-2008, 02:02 PM
thanks for not selling it to a DE member . my wallet couldnt compete with that thing lol

DEFYANT
08-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the well wishes.

vkirkend, if and when the day comes, your #1 on the list.

Logan, good to hear from you - and thanks.

Ken, There is no doubt Tina is for me.

ImpalaSlayer
08-01-2008, 02:18 PM
damn! Kirk, you were really gona buy it?

Motorhead350
08-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Good boy Charlie!

fast dtr
08-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Congratulations Charlie. Glad to hear you're keeping your Marauder. It will be even more fun now that you'll have Tina by your side. :D

jgc61sr2002
08-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Charlie - Excellent story:D
Congrats and Best Wishes.:beer:

OneBADLsE
08-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Congrats Charlie! :beer:

Aren Jay
08-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Now you have to keep it so you can repeat the whole thing in 25 years. With the kids.