PDA

View Full Version : No radio reception.

Rockettman
08-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Here's a weird one.
I have an '04 with a stock stereo system. For no apparent reason the radio has lost all reception. I just get static.
Last night I checked the antenna wire from the deck (radio) all the way through to the back window (yah the whole lenght of the car) and everything is fine. I even replaced the Antenna Isolator unit on the pacel deck with no success.
Anyone know what to look at next? I want the stock system and do not want to swap it out with an aftermarket one.
Please help.

Zack
08-01-2008, 07:11 AM
Very common with MM radios.
Find a used unit or upgrade with johnkuhn @ John's Stereo.

bigmerc2003
08-04-2008, 07:19 AM
had the same thing happen at the end of 2007, Ford replaced it under the extended warrenty and evertyhing was fine. now 6 months later it is starting to loose receptions again.....is something causing the radios to short out?

Dragcity
08-04-2008, 07:36 AM
This was a manufacturing defect. Mine did it after only about a year and a half. What Ford was doing, was send them back for refurb. Mine has been fine since. I am not sure how well Ford will take care of you on this, but a very common occurance.

There is something wrong with internal electronics in the head unit, so don't waste any more time trying to track down your problem.

Good luck with replacement/repair.

Pat
08-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Mine started losing reception gradually. Now it's to the point that the volume control has to be full up to have an intelligible sound. The SIRIUS is also very weak with it's internal volume control full up. I took the radio out and checked the connections, reseated the antenna and it started playing better. But before the hour was out the sound was down in the dirt. The CD portion is much better but the sound goes up and down a bit.

Time for a new or used radio.

Regards,

Marauderjack
08-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Call United Radio at 800-448-0944...........they do most of the warranty work for Alpine who made our radios. They will do a complete refurbish for $200 or so!!:beer:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Bradley G
08-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Ditto on the radio same symptom(s) R&R.
good thing for warranties!

sd8683
08-04-2008, 05:09 PM
My AM radio doesn't work at all, just dead air. Everything else works fine, anyone else had or have this issue??

ImpalaSlayer
08-04-2008, 07:20 PM
mines done the same. got rid of the pos and went with after market