PDA

View Full Version : What summer is all about!

Cheeseheadbob
08-01-2008, 10:36 AM
While alot of kids are sitting in front of their TV playing the lastest version of a "Let's suspend all aspects of reality" video game, my boys are right where they should be.... Ryan and Riley were visiting their Grandma and Grandpa, my in-laws. I do not know how to put the photo in the text, so sorry for the disjointed post.

Here is the caption from the York Dispatch newspaper in which this photo appeared today.

"Riley Lightfoot Johnson, 7 at left, and brother Ryan, 10 from Baltimore MD, make splashes with big rocks while playing in the creek that runs through Camp Security Trail Park in Springettsbury Township, Thursday, July 31, 2008. The boys were joining friends at the park for a weekly get-together."

Krytin
08-01-2008, 10:38 AM
That's the way it should be!

Bluerauder
08-01-2008, 10:41 AM
"Riley Lightfoot Johnson, 7 at left, and brother Ryan, 10 from Baltimore MD......."
Nice pic of your boys, Bob !! :up:

"Lightfoot"??? -- must be from your wife's side of the family 'cause from what I have seen ... you ain't a lightfoot with the MM. ;)

Bigdogjim
08-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Yep! Summer that what it's for:) :up:

1of327
08-01-2008, 03:38 PM
thats what childhood is supposed to be... Good picture / Parental influence Bob!

GordonB
08-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Yep, that's what me and my friends used to do many years ago -- no adult supervision, but our folks knew where we were headed. Enjoyed communing with Mother Nature and all the 'free' things we could do as children! My own kids did that to some extent, but not like I did as a kid.

GordonB

MM03MOK
08-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Great pic of the boys, Bob!!