PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Pearl?

hot-rauder
08-02-2008, 03:15 PM
i just bought a blackberry pearl for AT&T as a part of my upgrade.... anyone here have any experience with one of these things? i have always wanted the pearl from day one since i find it to be an awesome concept phone (a small PDA smartphone). i have read many reviews but some just seem like smoke up the you know what. any advice with it?

Adam

sd8683
08-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Adam here's a little advice, buy the warranty on it!! I'm on my third one in 6 months!! All broke due to track ball issues, but track ball issues aside, its a pretty good phone:)

hot-rauder
08-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Adam here's a little advice, buy the warranty on it!! I'm on my third one in 6 months!! All broke due to track ball issues, but track ball issues aside, its a pretty good phone:)

Done! I have bought 3 phones without contract due to breakage.... in 3 years and I am more than happy not doin so again!
Thanks Sean!

btw which one do you have? I got the 8110. In Titanuim finish.

Are the apps easy to use? And does the trackball really make it a breeze to use? (when it works lol)

sd8683
08-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Done! I have bought 3 phones without contract due to breakage.... in 3 years and I am more than happy not doin so again!
Thanks Sean!

btw which one do you have? I got the 8110. In Titanuim finish.

Are the apps easy to use? And does the trackball really make it a breeze to use? (when it works lol)

I have the smaller one of the two popular phones, not sure what series it is, but its blue, the track ball is awesome when it works, and the apps are really simple, do you have the setup wizard? I have t-mobile, not sure if other networks offer the same stuff as mine, I'm actually using it right now to write this post, lol

Raudermaster
08-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Voyager>All.

hot-rauder
08-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Voyager>All.

that absolutely massive brick? the voyager is HORRIBLE! You could not pay me to take the freaking prehistoric PC of a phone. Smaller phones with more capabilities have been out for much longer. the touch screen is pointless... buy an iPhone? too hard to type on an iPhone? CALL SOMEONE.

i hate the voyager. the Samsung U740 is much better. compare the specs

hot-rauder
08-02-2008, 08:35 PM
I have the smaller one of the two popular phones, not sure what series it is, but its blue, the track ball is awesome when it works, and the apps are really simple, do you have the setup wizard? I have t-mobile, not sure if other networks offer the same stuff as mine, I'm actually using it right now to write this post, lol

yeah i do.... it will be here monday/tuesday at the latest.

Raudermaster
08-02-2008, 08:38 PM
iPhone's are teh fail. There are tons of other phones out that are so much better. And, the Voyager is not a brick, it's smaller than the iPhone and does the exact same.

hot-rauder
08-02-2008, 09:00 PM
iPhone's are teh fail. There are tons of other phones out that are so much better. And, the Voyager is not a brick, it's smaller than the iPhone and does the exact same.

for ease of internet none better than iPhone.

Voyager
4.64 high
2.12 wide
0.71 thick
4.7 ounces

iPhone
4.5 high
2.5 wide
0.48 thick
4.7 ounces

plus the iphone is all screen... not that tiny POS screen on the voyager and the flip mechanism doesnt come loose on the iphone.

Blackberry still rocks no matter what

Motorhead350
08-02-2008, 11:53 PM
The phone is great for throwing into dumpsters. Sorry man, but I totally hate those things. I formor friend of mine has one and one of the reason I don't talk to him anymore is because of that stupid phone. He would never ever put it down. Always emailing all around the clock and would lie about using it, saying he was checking the time when riding in my own car with a clock in it. The buttons are way too small. When I want a phone I just want one to actually TALK to people with orally, not through thumbs.

Have fun though, just not my cup of root beer.

hot-rauder
08-03-2008, 07:17 AM
The phone is great for throwing into dumpsters. Sorry man, but I totally hate those things. I formor friend of mine has one and one of the reason I don't talk to him anymore is because of that stupid phone. He would never ever put it down. Always emailing all around the clock and would lie about using it, saying he was checking the time when riding in my own car with a clock in it. The buttons are way too small. When I want a phone I just want one to actually TALK to people with orally, not through thumbs.

Have fun though, just not my cup of root beer.

understandable Dom, but i dont email on my phone. i bought it because of its compact design and not having to carry a Samsung Blackjack around. Im positive i will not use all the apps on it and i am just fine using my Samsung A737 slider right now, but my reception isnt great in my area with that phone. and the music player is awkward to use, and i just dont favor the layout.

Like i told my buddies, i dont have fat fingers, and i tried out the keys already once. try typing on my A737. the keys are one big key pad and are completly flat and sunk in.... not fun to get used to.

thanks for the input though.... the phone isnt the probelm, its the people? lol

hot-rauder
08-03-2008, 08:27 AM
for ease of internet none better than iPhone.

Voyager
4.64 high
2.12 wide
0.71 thick
4.7 ounces

iPhone
4.5 high
2.5 wide
0.48 thick
4.7 ounces

Pearl
4.2 high
1.97 wide
0.57 thick
3.1 ounces

rayjay
08-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Post deleted, I'm cranky today.

Motorhead350
08-03-2008, 12:54 PM
.... the phone isnt the probelm, its the people? lol

Ya that says it best! :D

duhtroll
08-03-2008, 07:52 PM
There are several phones out there that have everything including GPS, yet don't have to be sent back to the company for a new battery.

Language warning:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.n et/c.cgi?u=iphone

Iphones are for posers - it is exactly what much of the American public needs -- less functionality in a slick package. :rolleyes:

Motorhead350
08-03-2008, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=duhtroll;642755
Iphones are for posers [/QUOTE]

hehe. I don't know what's worse, but I will go with the crackberry.

sd8683
08-03-2008, 08:21 PM
The worst thing is those STUPID Bluetooth things!!! I don't think people realize how ridiculously silly they look wearing them!

Motorhead350
08-03-2008, 08:26 PM
The worst thing is those STUPID Bluetooth things!!! I don't think people realize how ridiculously silly they look wearing them!

It's the law to have one or something like it here in Chicago if you want to talk and drive. I don't like those things either so I break the law, but I really wish I had my speaker system back.

teamrope
08-03-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm perfectly happy with my BlackBerry Curve.

hot-rauder
08-04-2008, 02:18 PM

its funny because most people just have them flashing... which means NO CALL! what idiots

BlkonBlk
08-05-2008, 03:01 PM
All I have to say Is BANG BANG BANG death to the Black Berry Pearl !!!!!!!!!!!!!