PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that people looked so old in the 50's?

Aren Jay
08-03-2008, 03:09 PM
I see photos of kids in school in the 50's or University and they all look like they are 45. I look around now and everyone looks like they are 10.

What happened?

Black_Noise
08-03-2008, 03:28 PM
drugs? .......

justbob
08-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I was thinking other way around with all the drugs being pumped into todays farm animals

Larry Durham
08-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I see photos of kids in school in the 50's or University and they all look like they are 45. I look around now and everyone looks like they are 10.

What happened?

They are 10 and don't have a clue!

Spectragod
08-03-2008, 06:20 PM

What happened?

Why I look as old as I act...... I'm 3.:D

scruff
08-03-2008, 07:53 PM
its because the kids today drink to much milk

Motorhead350
08-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Ya I'm not pround of my generation...

TiTo35
08-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Life is kinda easy now a days... :dunno:

Motorhead350
08-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Life is kinda easy now a days... :dunno:

Depends on who you are asking.

If life was easy I don't think it would be any fun.

TiTo35
08-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Depends on who you are asking.

If life was easy I don't think it would be any fun.

Things are more "convient" then the 50s... Just the advancement of technology... :dunno:

hot-rauder
08-04-2008, 03:03 PM
i believe simply because kids today dont have to work for anything... time in working does age a person. video games dont.

Motorhead350
08-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Things are more "convient" then the 50s... Just the advancement of technology... :dunno:

I think a lot has changed, but I can't say that I observed any change unfortinately... being that I wish I was around back then.

TiTo35
08-04-2008, 05:59 PM
I think a lot has changed, but I can't say that I observed any change unfortinately... being that I wish I was around back then.

But then you would not have driven a Marauder...
Well you may have but you would be old...No disrespect...:P

Motorhead350
08-04-2008, 06:11 PM
But then you would not have driven a Marauder...
Well you may have but you would be old...No disrespect...:P

Well sometimes it's good to be "old." Look at what we have now: Plastic cars, fake people making millions, crappy music, ipods, remakes. Look what was out back then: Exciting new cars, actors that could act as do many other things, music that proved you could have fun with just 3 chords... exc.

I agree it's a better world and a better time (from my POV) but still I wish new cars came with chrome bumpers and music could only be had on vinyl.

Then again I would probably go insane if it was trendy to like Chubby Checker. Yes I am weird. :P

Aren Jay
08-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't mind being a fake person making millions.

Who did you have in mind?

It is ok Motorhead350 you would be an Elvis Groupie.

Motorhead350
08-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Which Elvis? Presley, Costello, Hitler? Yes there is an Elvis Hitler... crappy name, but good music.

I am more of a Gene Vincent fan and groupie is for girls who follow the artist and last time I checked I wasn't a girl.

I wouldn't follow anyway, I could be like Marty McFly and steal the scene!

OneBADLsE
08-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Well sometimes it's good to be "old." Look at what we have now: Plastic cars, fake people making millions, crappy music, ipods, remakes. Look what was out back then: Exciting new cars, actors that could act as do many other things, music that proved you could have fun with just 3 chords... exc.

I agree it's a better world and a better time (from my POV) but still I wish new cars came with chrome bumpers and music could only be had on vinyl.

Then again I would probably go insane if it was trendy to like Chubby Checker. Yes I am weird. :P

Amen bro. I'd trade Almost anything to have grown up in that era. Life actually looked ENJOYABLE. :(

Aren Jay
08-05-2008, 09:48 AM
If you look at a picture of students in class in school or University they all look 30-40 years old.

Look now and they look like kids. They also act like childeren now.

jfclancy
08-05-2008, 10:04 AM
In the 50's Kids played and worked "outside" without sunblock.
They had polio. "duck and cover" no beetels......
All in all as a child in the 50's and a teenager in the 60's
us babyboomers had it made but i have to admit I see folks bieng
served alcohol that look 12?

OLD man
Joe Clancy:beer::beer:

SC Cheesehead
08-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Which Elvis? Presley, Costello, Hitler? Yes there is an Elvis Hitler... crappy name, but good music.

I am more of a Gene Vincent fan and groupie is for girls who follow the artist and last time I checked I wasn't a girl.

I wouldn't follow anyway, I could be like Marty McFly and steal the scene!

Marty McFly (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000150/): Wait a minute, Doc, are you trying to tell me that my mother has got the hots for me? :eek:

HotRodMercury
08-05-2008, 11:06 AM

dont know why Iam puting my 1cent in this but I wouldent mind driveing a 09 lambo rather then a chevelle ss or would I?, ask me if i like that first
marauder the was built by buick more then the 04 i would say no...
just wish money could be better.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Ya I'm not pround of my generation...

Your generation feels likewise.

LOLOL