PDA

View Full Version : A few song observations

Motorhead350
08-04-2008, 07:35 PM
I was listening to some CDs that I have and finally took the time to listen very closely at the lyrics and I couldn't believe what I heard from some of these songs.

First off is Streets Of London by The Anti-Nowhere League. If you listen to it, it sounds like the singer is talking to someone who thinks they have it bad. The singer knows how good this person has it going and wants them to know it. So he takes the person to the Streets Of London to show how bad people really can have it. Pointing out people with dirty clothes and no money or a war hero that no one gives any appreciation towards. It's a shock to me to hear some "Punk Rock" about pointing out how good you have it or just to point out that you gotta look at others before you think you have it tough. You would hear that in music, but no 77 UK Punk... at least I didn't think so.

Next is N.W.A. with A ***** is a *****. Now I do not call women that term and really hate it when people do, but the same frustrations guys have with girls... these rappers are saying the same thing. I remember you would hear it in Rock N' Roll music, but in the most polite way possible. It's funny hear most of their songs about being gangsters or having a problem with authority, but in the end they have problems with women too... like all guys. If there is a song about a woman having a problem with a man I wanna hear it, I want to hear what they have to say.

Finally is The Anti-Nowhere League again with the song Woman. I am not in a bad mood nor did I have a problem with my girlfriend, but this song seems to be the same story I hear from most people that are marryed. Seems like you are in love at first and everything is well and happy forever, but when those months or years roll by things start to fade. Such as not knowing what made her mad, her telling you what do to and not being happy anymore. NOW I do not have this problem and I hope no one does here either (guys or girls) but it's another song I found ironic to hear coming from some UK Punk band.

Here is the first songs lyrics:
http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/a/anti_nowhere_league/streets_of_london.html

Here is the second: http://www.metrolyrics.com/a-*****-is-a-*****-lyrics-nwa.html

Here is the third: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/a/anti_nowhere_league/woman.html

Some of these lyrics contain "bad" language so please be warned. See if you can find the music too if you wish. Just an observation that looks like even the Punk Rockers and Rappers all go through what we do, but some say it differently.

Check it out!

ImpalaSlayer
08-04-2008, 07:38 PM
go work on your truck or something. you have too much time

Motorhead350
08-04-2008, 07:43 PM
go work on your truck or something. you have too much time

I am not going out in that storm. I guess it was a mistake to post this, I think someone will appreciate it, but in the meantime...:corner:

Blk Mamba
08-04-2008, 07:43 PM
I agree ^^^^^^^^^^^

ImpalaSlayer
08-04-2008, 07:44 PM
you all do have some crazy wind out there. i was out in that area last week and was getting blown all over the raod

TAKEDOWN
08-04-2008, 07:47 PM
you all do have some crazy wind out there. i was out in that area last week and was getting blown all over the raod

And you didn't stop by to say HI.

Motorhead350
08-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Ya check the weather right now. It's so bad the rats went home.

ImpalaSlayer
08-04-2008, 07:50 PM
i wasnt in the mm. i was in a e350 with a 20ft trailer haulin a jet engine for work. no time to meet up with people. kinda sucked

Motorhead350
08-04-2008, 07:52 PM
I need an engine and you didn't deliver to me. I will compain, you are a bad worker. :P;)

Will anyone actually read my observation? :o

ImpalaSlayer
08-04-2008, 07:53 PM
sorry, didnt mean to hijack

Motorhead350
08-04-2008, 07:55 PM
It's alright. Back to the music!